I have a jackson soloist with a floyd rose and was curios where it levitates if its possible to make it NOT levitate. I feel like i have seen people do it before.
Do you mean block it?
"Air created the greenness. And once you've got something, that leads to otherness." - Karl Pilkington.
Please explain what you mean, or provide a pic.
I NEED TO CHANGE MY USERNAME

• Agile AL-3XXX Custom Tobacco Sunburst w/ EMG 57/66
  • ESP LTD EC-1000T CTM Black w/ Seymour Duncan Blackouts
  • Jet City JCA100HDM w/ Avatar Contemporary 2x12 Cab
  • Seymour Duncan 805 Overdrive
  • Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
  • MXR Smartgate
I know on some guitars you can tighten the tremolo springs in the guitars cavity until the Floyd is resting on the body of the guitar. This will mean it can dive only.
Quote by Brewah43
I have a jackson soloist with a floyd rose and was curios where it levitates if its possible to make it NOT levitate. I feel like i have seen people do it before.

If by "levitate" you mean when the back end of the Floyd lifts (usually when you're doing a bend), yes, you have choices. You can put stronger (or more) springs in the spring cavity, and that will help prevent it from lifting. That will also make it tougher to push down when you want to do "dives." If you want to keep it from moving at all, you can actually block it (lock it into place) several different ways.
Floating Floyd rose trems will go into the body cavity and ruin your action, tightening the springs is not an option, there's 4 things you can do:
1. Most extreme and permanent option is to fill the cavity with wood, paint it and install a normal bridge.
2. Trem stoppers, easy to find on the internet, just something you screw into the back of your guitar, it rests against your trem block and if you tighten the springs in the back it allows you more flexibility (drop tunings, double bends) and to still move your trem fowards.
3. Tremol-No, similiar to a trem stopper with way more flexibility, considerably more expensive.
4. My personal choice, I use the Rob Chappers method (youtube foward-slash xkj8p4Z3Rjg) In which you put a block of wood or other suitable material (I used Tufnol) inside the cavity and loosen off your springs, you can't use the trem at all but its slightly more effective than a trem stopper.
>Gibson & Schecter Guitars
>Orange Amps
>And some neighbours to piss off
Thanks for the help everyone. I was curious cause i love bouncing back and forward between standard tuning and Drop C tuning and i love my green solist and want to use it more and with the floyd i would have to fix the intonation on it if i wanted to go back to using standard tuning. Once again thank you for all your help.