Does anyone have anything they'd like me to ask them? The interview is predominantly about how they market their bands, and how bands ought to market themselves to them, but if something cool comes out of here, I'll be sure to ask it!
My Old Progressive Metal Band:
Acrasia
For fans of Between The Buried and Me, Dream Theater, Cynic.

My New Progressive Rock/Djent Band:
Wings Denied
For fans of Deftones, Tesseract, Periphery, Karnivool, Cynic.
Ask if Bring Me The Horizon are as gay and annoying in real life as their music suggests.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
Ask them how they feel about bands 'making it' and maybe a story on turning them down.
Quote by SlackerBabbath
My ideal woman would be a grossly overweight woman who would happy go jogging, come home all sweaty and let me put my dick under her armpit while she shuffles a pack of cards.

Stay classy, pit.
ugh record label people are the woooooooorst

Quote by Trowzaa
Have they ever turned anyone down who ended up being huge

we turned down arcade fire
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
it was ultimately my decision to not sign arcade fire
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

Quote by lushacrous
it was ultimately my decision to not sign arcade fire

Good. They're not that great to begin with.
Ask them if bands are able to negotiate the terms of a record contract. Ask them how bands are able to make a living if the record contract requires them to pay back all the money that is invested in their recording and performance.
Quote by Baby Joel
I am genuinely curious about their thoughts towards torrenting.

they don't care in the slightest
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Quote by Gunpowder

Another good one might be 'the death of the record company' and crowd funding etc
Quote by SlackerBabbath
My ideal woman would be a grossly overweight woman who would happy go jogging, come home all sweaty and let me put my dick under her armpit while she shuffles a pack of cards.

Stay classy, pit.
Quote by Trowzaa

this
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Quote by Trowzaa

very good question, sure to get an interesting response. and i'm sure they have.

edit: looks like 20 minutes ago was an hour ago.

ts, how did it go?
Hey guys! Interview took a little over an hour, so I'm just getting back to you:

Like I mentioned, most of it was stuff related to PR, but I did get some of your questions answered.

As far as torrenting goes, they're not too concerned about it. As he put it, the best people to work with are people that have a history of buying CDs anyway. Many people live in a generation where they've always had free music easily accessible, so you focus on how to present a physical product to them as more appealing. That's why CD booklets are getting bigger, and vinyls are becoming more popular- some people buy them, don't even listen to them, and just hang them on the wall as a piece of art.

The things they're looking for in bands who they see as being able to "make it," include:
1. Some sort of online or social following that shows that they are consistently able to connect with their fanbase, and that they have one.

2. The band should have a local following, and be able to sell 100 or so tickets on average to a hometown show.

3. The band actually has catchy, marketable music.

Bands they've turned down included Norah Jones and Blink 182
My Old Progressive Metal Band:
Acrasia
For fans of Between The Buried and Me, Dream Theater, Cynic.

My New Progressive Rock/Djent Band:
Wings Denied
For fans of Deftones, Tesseract, Periphery, Karnivool, Cynic.
catchy marketable music, (assume commercial generic) oh well.

They missed out on lots of $$$$$ with those two
Last edited by Tempoe at Sep 26, 2013,
You should have asked them about their thoughts on how the Offspring's Smash is tied as the best selling independent album.
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Turned down Blink? Ouch
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
ask them if they will sign me
Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?