Hi!
I' ve got a shecter diamond series omen 7 (7 strings) that i bought a couple of years ago.

I only play guitar for the fun of and since a couple of time im not really happy with the sound of my guitar.
I actually use a line 6 spider3 hd75 (with a line 6 cab).

Im aware with the gear i have i cant do any miracle but i would like to know if i change my pick up on my guitar if it can be possible to have a sound that could sound like Emmure ?

if not, which pick up should i buy for my seven strings, i would really love something who would help me to have a louder sound with my guitar when i use a drop A tuning or lower. (like emmure, fear factory)

Thanks for your help!
Last edited by Jimfear666 at Sep 25, 2013,
Everyone will tell you to buy a new amp instead. Which is really what you should do, as different pickups won't make much of a difference through a digital/modelling amp.
Quote by gurg06
Everyone will tell you to buy a new amp instead. Which is really what you should do, as different pickups won't make much of a difference through a digital/modelling amp.

i agree on every point.

i know not everybody can just go out and buy whatever, i understand that. but it would be better to take the money you were going to put towards the new amp as you save a little more money for an amp, that would help you and not be a hindrance0 then get pickups.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Okay
Then, which kind of amp could give me this kind of sound? I litteraly know nothing about this and will i have to change my cab too?
Quote by Jimfear666
Okay
Then, which kind of amp could give me this kind of sound? I litteraly know nothing about this and will i have to change my cab too?

you don't have to, but line 6 isn't known to make the best cabs with the exception of the spider valve cab with V30's. they go cheap.

elaborate on what you want for your ideal tone.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
My ideal tone would be something in the vein of emmure or meshuggah. I want my 7 strings to have more presence, more loudness cause right now, i dont have the feeling that im currently using a 7string when i use it.
I would like a sound who would put a low tunig (drop A) up front but kinda clean, not a dirty sound like some death metal or grind core band.
Last edited by Jimfear666 at Sep 25, 2013,
Aah. If you want Meshuggah, you can keep your Line 6 as both of them use it.
I recommend downloading Line 6 GearBox, downloading some Meshuggah patches here:
http://uk.line6.com/customtone/search/
Then copying the amp setup from the software.

For example, get this tone (http://uk.line6.com/customtone/tone/111417/),
open it in Gearbox and you should see this:

If you look a the amp, you should see something like this:

Make sure your amp is set to the "Insane" channel, then just follow the directions from the knobs on GearBox.

Let me know if this is close enough