Whilst the Wii-U is a somewhat pointless device, it makes me very happy to see a HD version of my favourite game of the franchise (with any luck we'll see the Dolphin emulator guys get on it pretty soon): http://www.zelda.com/windwaker/

But, as I was rummaging around the site trying to find a 1080 shot of the background I found a little easter egg hidden in the HTML. Basically open the page, right click, view source, then scroll down a little bit.

I just love how much affection this series has that even the front-end web developers put in a hidden triforce.

If you're interested in a fair-minded review of the revamp, here's a good one: http://www.destructoid.com/review-the-legend-of-zelda-the-wind-waker-hd-261994.phtml
You Dont Know Me

I have 10 Anarchy Points - I also have 8 Mythology points!

Peavey Generation EXP Custom White
Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Banned for indirect reference.
Quote by Anthony1991
Whilst the Wii-U is a somewhat pointless device

I want to be mad but I'm so used to this shit

Nice triforce though bro
Quote by Rockford_rocks
I want to be mad but I'm so used to this shit

Nice triforce though bro

It was fun playing that party game with my mates once with the chasing and Ghostbusters, but apart from that I can't understand the hype. Controller didn't feel good either.
West Ham United
Quote by King Donkey
It was fun playing that party game with my mates once with the chasing and Ghostbusters, but apart from that I can't understand the hype. Controller didn't feel good either.

What hype there is no ****ing hype, everyone hates it besides Nintendo fans.

I will say right now it has no games (which isn't even true, MH3U, Pikmin, and Rayman Legends have been holding me over just fine), but it's not even a year into its life. People are throwing crap at it way too early when it could be a great system by the end of its life.

Edit: I'm not sure this deserves its own thread, man.
Last edited by Rockford_rocks at Sep 26, 2013,
Quote by Rockford_rocks
What hype there is no ****ing hype, everyone hates it besides Nintendo fans.

I will say right now it has no games (which isn't even true, MH3U, Pikmin, and Rayman Legends have been holding me over just fine), but it's not even a year into its life. People are throwing crap at it way too early when it could be a great system by the end of its life.

Edit: I'm not sure this deserves its own thread, man.

Ah a few of my friends were raving about it. I don't really bother keeping up with gaming like I used to though.
West Ham United
Found a cool interview about the legacy of WW with the developers:

http://iwataasks.nintendo.com/interviews/#/wiiu/wind-waker/0/0

Sorry to bring out the Wii-U hatred I'm a PC gamer, so my view on consoles is always skewed. But even from a business perspective, I don't quite get what the Wii-U is geared toward achieving other than being a product for the sake of releasing something new.
You Dont Know Me

I have 10 Anarchy Points - I also have 8 Mythology points!

Peavey Generation EXP Custom White
Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Banned for indirect reference.
It isn't any more pointless than any other gaming console. Nintendo has the best first party titles of any gaming company (opinion, but really, MS and especially Sony rely on third party support), and by also creating the hardware they're able to tailor the experiences exactly the way they envision them.

Also agree with the above, this console will have a very long relevant life as Nintendo releases more and more of their IPs on it.

^^^ It was partly geared towards having a Nintendo console with high definition graphics in the marketplace. The big game pad is just their innovation of the day, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't, but thank god somebody is doing it.
Last edited by Nickpocalypse at Sep 26, 2013,
Windwaker is also my most favorite Zelda title, and that's all I have to add to this thread.
Sail upon the open skies
Wind waker was one of my favorites, but it's really easy.
My favorite are either the Oracle games or Link's Awakening.
Quote by macashmack
Wind waker was one of my favorites, but it's really easy.
My favorite are either the Oracle games or Link's Awakening.

Played a link to the past?

Love it so much.

It also felt like the perfect duration of a game.

Awakening is cool as well. Few parts were pretty difficult though.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
The Wii-U would definitely have sold better if most people didn't think it was an add-on to the Wii.
I found yet another great reference in the code.

If you scroll down to the very bottom it says "end javascript."

Java the Hut was a character in Star Wars, and a "script" was something they used in order to create the movie. I think it's a secret message saying, "don't let Java the Hut have a script for the Star Wars sequels." They must really hate the character.

Seriously though, nice find.
And I love Windwaker.