I bit the bullet and got a Tronical tuner for my '89 LP Standard. I saw the future and I embrace it. Here's the website

Please read the following before commenting

Disclaimer:

#1. I assure you I know how to tune a guitar.
#2. I am lazy.

So why buy one you ask? Go from "Hendrix E flat" to "Keith Richards Open G" in twenty seconds. Boom. That's it. Alright Mr. White. Alright science!

If the last paragraph is meaningless then you don't watch Breaking Bad and you probably shouldn't buy this product.
Quote by amx360

So why buy one you ask? Go from "Hendrix E flat" to "Keith Richards Open G" in twenty seconds. Boom. That's it. Alright Mr. White. Alright science!

Or you can use a Variax, which I've done, and go from "Hendrix E flat" to "Keith Richards Open G" instantly in a single foot stomp (assuming you've got it hooked to an HD500); otherwise, you have to take another millisecond or two while you select a different tuning with the rotary switch. Between quarter notes.

But wait, there's more. I can do that and the string tension doesn't change at all -- I have no loose floppy strings, no tight cheese slicers and I can bend, fret notes and barre exactly as I could before.

But wait, there's more. I can do that with a Floyd Rose trem on the guitar.

And yet more. I can tune each string an octave up OR down. With the Tronical tune, you'll either break the tuners or the strings if you try that -- or you'll have a floppy mess.

Alright science indeed.
UG member dspellman, you are indeed the smartest man on the internet my friend. If any members have a question or comment about the actual tuning system, I'll refer them to you. I've enjoyed the time we shared on this thread.