I have gotten an agile intercepter 727 and it has balls written all over it with the cepheus pickups (check out my after the burial, and icarus lives cover) , So on that note how are other guitars rondo sells? im looking at the LES PAUL copies from the agile line for less prog , more punk/pop/posthardcore melodic stuff. anyone one ever buy the SX, Douglas, hadean? if so how are they?

ps. that agile AL-2000 tobacco burst is giving me mad bonerz.
-----------------------------------------------
--The GEAR--
Horizon Devices - Precision Drive
AMT D2 Preamp
Boss TU-2
Boss- CS 2
BBE- Green SCREAMER
ESP,LTD MH- 250 NT ,
fitted with SEYMORE DUNCAN NAZGUL AND SENTIENT
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Agiles get frequent positive reviews in these forums; not nearly so much with respect to the other lines. A few bassists have had good things to say about the SX basses, but never to the point where I would agree to buy one over a similarly-priced, better-known brand. I'd stick with the Agile series if I were you.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Agiles are a pretty good deal if you're in the US. They can be had for crazy low prices if you manage to find one used. Depends on the budget, though; you can't really do any better for $400 but you can get a pretty good jump in quality with other brands if your budget is 7-800. I've only played one SX and it wasn't very good; same with Douglas.

Did you pay extra for the drawings of balls on your first Agile or did you do that yourself? I can't say I'd want to rock that look but maybe I'm hanging out at the wrong kind of bar gigs.
Agile's LP-style guitars are said to be pretty great. I hear the most rave reviews about either Their 7+ string guitars, or their LPs. And their niche stuff (fanned frets, fretless) is supposed to be good value too. And I've heard of the SX Furrian being a good project/value tele

are you saying the Cepheus pickups are good balls or bad balls? I hear just as much about them on either side
I've owned several. Had three Agile LPs... very good guitars. As Rock8995 said, you really can't do much better for the price. Had a couple of Douglas... a Spad and a 5-string/neck through/active PUP bass. Both were solid and very good values. I had a SX strat. I didn't care for it, but the body and neck was solid. I had a SX resonator, and it was crazy good guitar for the price... would hang right in there with my friend's $900 dobro. Also have a SX Callisto (LP Special) with P-90s and it is a great guitar. The Agiles have pretty good hardware and electronics (especially when you get into the 3xxx series). Hardware and electronics on the SX and Douglas stuff is typical low-end import stuff. All will probably need some set-up work done when you get them.
Quote by maXterbat0r
Agile's LP-style guitars are said to be pretty great. I hear the most rave reviews about either Their 7+ string guitars, or their LPs. And their niche stuff (fanned frets, fretless) is supposed to be good value too. And I've heard of the SX Furrian being a good project/value tele

are you saying the Cepheus pickups are good balls or bad balls? I hear just as much about them on either side

They have amazing tonal quality for being so budgeted. Check out my periphery cover and you'll see what I mean, the agile interceptor is one hella monstrous seven string. I love it
--The GEAR--
AMT D2 Preamp
Boss TU-2
Boss- CS 2
BBE- Green SCREAMER
ESP,LTD MH- 250 NT ,
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote by Roc8995
Agiles are a pretty good deal if you're in the US. They can be had for crazy low prices if you manage to find one used. Depends on the budget, though; you can't really do any better for $400 but you can get a pretty good jump in quality with other brands if your budget is 7-800. I've only played one SX and it wasn't very good; same with Douglas.

Did you pay extra for the drawings of balls on your first Agile or did you do that yourself? I can't say I'd want to rock that look but maybe I'm hanging out at the wrong kind of bar gigs.

Lol just an expression of how this guitar is amazing
--The GEAR--
AMT D2 Preamp
Boss TU-2
Boss- CS 2
BBE- Green SCREAMER
ESP,LTD MH- 250 NT ,
My first guitar was an SX Strat knock off. I used to hate it until it was given a good setup and had it's nut replaced. Now I play it more than my Ibanez GAX model I bought when I was still a beginner, but really wanted the humbucker sound.
Quote by mikevmpr3
They have amazing tonal quality for being so budgeted. Check out my periphery cover and you'll see what I mean, the agile interceptor is one hella monstrous seven string. I love it

Kurt seems to spend a lot of time on extended-range-guitar (ERG) sites like sevenstring.org. When they were moaning and groaning that mainstream manufacturers had largely ignored their requests for more (and less expensive) ERG options, he decided to dip his company toe in the water with a seven-string tele (the Texan) that they recommended. Next thing you know, he's got 7, 8, 9 and even 10-string guitars in scales from 25.5" to 27", 28" and even 30" (there's even a surf-style guitar with that scale). What amazed me was his willingness to build fan-fret guitars; these are traditionally custom-order ONLY, fairly rare and quite pricey from folks like Novak (novax?). But Rondo has them starting in the $600-700 range.
Quote by FatalGear41
The Agiles get frequent positive reviews in these forums; not nearly so much with respect to the other lines. A few bassists have had good things to say about the SX basses, but never to the point where I would agree to buy one over a similarly-priced, better-known brand. I'd stick with the Agile series if I were you.

^This. The others are hit and miss.

I had an Agile Valkyrie SG w/P-90's, even at the bottom of the Agile line it blew my MIK Epi G400 SG out of the water.
I've played a few Agile and SX guitars, and overall I've been impressed with them. They aren't Fenders of Gibsons mind you, but they're about the best value of any guitar you can find. I've also played one of the Les Paul copies specifically, and it was a solid guitar. The best thing I can compare it to is a higher end Epiphone copy. Its definitely a guitar worth having.
Quote by JustRooster
My favorite part about Agile threads is the ownership bias.

Pretty much the same deal with Gibson threads.
Gibson rides its rock and roll history hard.

The relative newcomer Agile only has its design, construction quality and pricing to create that owner bias.

You find *some* serious fans of PRS, Epiphone, Fender, Guild, Gretsch, Rickenbacker, G&L, Suhr, etc., but rarely the blocks of owner bias that we see from the aforementioned.
Every fan base has obnoxious people, it happens. It's just easy to poke fun at Agile fanboys at the moment because they've shown up so predictably with kneejerk defensiveness in recent threads, just like it was Bugera fans a few years ago and Line 6 Spider apologists before that.
Quote by GuitarShedVideo
I've played a few Agile and SX guitars, and overall I've been impressed with them. They aren't Fenders of Gibsons mind you, but they're about the best value of any guitar you can find. I've also played one of the Les Paul copies specifically, and it was a solid guitar. The best thing I can compare it to is a higher end Epiphone copy. Its definitely a guitar worth having.

I'm sold then lol, i want the tribal purple to go with my interceptor.Also, The finishes on these guitars blow my mind for the price. I got an Ltd a while back expecting to have a slick sexy flamed maple top like in the pic, unfortunately it was so dark you could barely see it..the set neck and emgs made up for it, these guitars fortunately glow with radiance.
--The GEAR--
AMT D2 Preamp
Boss TU-2
Boss- CS 2
BBE- Green SCREAMER
ESP,LTD MH- 250 NT ,