Kanye West: "Rap the new Rock n Roll. We the Rock Stars. And I'm the biggest"

Page 1 of 3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2T0fMkZoMo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nx3X4r-eCYQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PED4zgjG3Ng
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIfUmGxSgpY

Even if you're not a fan, I'd recommend watching this interview. Instead of standard "What are you're influences?" questions, this really gets into the mind of a creative person.

Also discuss that quote or don't I don't care.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Well I can't really be assed with the whole thing but the quote is so obviously true it's almost not worth talking about
This whole thing is full of insanely great quotes: (on the internet) "It's our Earth. You remember in future movies where everything's moved to the sky? That's the internet! We didn't get flying cars, but we can send movies in like two seconds."
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
I don't know about you guys, but where I live no one listens to rap anymore and its more or less considered dead. The last time I heard a kayne west song was jesus walks. And the last times I heard of him were where he was wearing those terrible sunglasses ansd that episode of south park where he accepted that he was a gay fish
Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?
"And now Gaga's the creative director of Polaroid. Now I like a couple of Gaga songs, but what the **** does she know about cameras?"
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Quote by captainsnazz
I'd watch it, but I can't even look at kanye without wanting to smash something.

#4 on my most punchable faces list

This
Sail upon the open skies
Well this is a guitar website and not a hip hop website so as soon as school lets out, this thread is going to be filled with a thousand teenagers demanding Kanye be sent to the moon for daring to ignore rock and calling himself "the new rock star."

/troll bait
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

Last edited by VanTheKraut at Sep 26, 2013,
Here's one for the pit: "I'm not a real rapper either. I'm not a real musician either. I can't play the piano."
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

I was just about to sleep but I want to watch this. Maybe in the morning.

The only rap most people listen to around here right now is Macklemore, OFWGKTA etc. it was really big a few years ago but not anymore. Now everyone is into acoustic YT covers of indie songs
cat
Kanye West talks about himself like he's become super-saiyan or something.

'I've showed that I can make perfect. Now I'm going to show you what's beyond perfect!'

^paraphrased
Quote by Weaponized
Why does Kanye sound like a white guy

Because you're border-line ******ed if you think that all black people speak in Ebonics with an accent.
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

I like Kanye. He's unbelievably arrogant, but he speaks with honesty, and he's an interesting person.
lol his child is named north west what a ****ing goober

Bar the odd artist I don't really listen to hip-hop but the meaning or "rock star" has kind of moved around since. I can see his point.

But he's historically well known for being so far up his own arse that he's probably installed a light up there.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
The only thing rockstar about kanye west is his ego and his samples. In truth there hasn't been enough of a real stir to call most of these rappers important or relevant. Kanye is okay, but he's not groundbreaking like Public Enemy or NWA. He's always seemed more interested in the fame than the music.

PS: He should have named his daughter Karma. "until you have a daughter thats what i call karma!"
rap is crap
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
He's got some good ideas, but they usually end up being unintelligible and irrelevant rants about how the world hates him.
Based on what people have already said in the thread, if I watch the vids I'm sure I'll end up missing your point about some of it and just getting annoyed at his brazen arrogance... I'm not keen on people who publicly try to claim they're the greatest thing ever - let other people tell you that; humility is a much more endearing characteristic than arrogance.
Hey, look. Sigs are back.
Rap definitely took over the status of "dangerous black music".

20s and 30s - Jazz
50s,60s and 70s- Rock
Late 80s, 90s and 00s- Rap

It's funny how the entire "dangerous" image is mostly rooted in racism.
Quote by SlinkyBlue

The solution is simple and obvious.

We revolt against ourselves. Mass suicide. The ultimate revolution.
Quote by VanTheKraut
Because you're border-line ******ed if you think that all black people speak in Ebonics with an accent.

but why does his voice sound so white
Fascinating. On the second video, but he really is an interesting person. His arrogance doesn't bother me much, I just think it's amazing that he's able to say so much of what he thinks about himself.

His music kicks ass too.
Quote by DisarmGoliath
Based on what people have already said in the thread, if I watch the vids I'm sure I'll end up missing your point about some of it and just getting annoyed at his brazen arrogance... I'm not keen on people who publicly try to claim they're the greatest thing ever - let other people tell you that; humility is a much more endearing characteristic than arrogance.

You don't care about arrogance in types of music/art you enjoy tho. Like if somebody is going to make it to the top in whatever field they're in, they've got to be arrogant as ****. Of course there's acting like you've been there before, but that's just the outer layer and inside is the same arrogant drive that's in every successful person.

The only difference between Kanye and somebody as famous that seems humble is that Kanye lets it out.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

"YOU TELLIN ME PEOPLE DON'T LOOK AT ME LIKE THE GLITCH? (from wreck-it-ralph)"

edit - this is one of the best moments:

Last edited by Mack56 at Sep 26, 2013,
Quote by lolmnt
You don't care about arrogance in types of music/art you enjoy tho. Like if somebody is going to make it to the top in whatever field they're in, they've got to be arrogant as ****. Of course there's acting like you've been there before, but that's just the outer layer and inside is the same arrogant drive that's in every successful person.

The only difference between Kanye and somebody as famous that seems humble is that Kanye lets it out.
I enjoy Schoenberg but he's still an ass for thinking atonality would be a total revolution for mainstream music

tbh I imagine a lot of his is an act. It just seems so likely and fits so well.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Just read the thread title. And I don't entirely disagree. Aside from Kanye being the biggest. Honestly is anyone else but aziz ansari still really into him anymore? But I'd say more poppy acts(miley, gaga... Only examples I know of really) fit the modern rockstar profile more.
Page 1 of 3