Page 1 of 2
Basically I've got this job opportunity at a music venue but there's a slight problem, a couple of weeks ago I was supposed to be going to a gig there. Outside the venue while me and my mates were waiting one of them was able to get beer, so we were there just standing and drinking opposite of the music venue when 4 security guards came over to us and asked are we going to the gig, we said yes, they asked for id (it was an all ages gig, not over 18) I asked why they want id because its not an over 18 gig, they said because were drinking, I said we don't have id so then one of the security guards told us to put our drinks in the bin and I said no. Then he walks up to me and grabs my arm (we were outside by the way, not on the venue's property) and I pushed him then he starts heading up to me so I told him that if he touches me again I'll knock him out, then he told me and my mates not to turn up for when the gig starts.
So, if I did get a job in there, and I was working my first day and this guy spots me, would he be able to get me fired ?
I love Irish people.
Quote by kertets
Only losers post their opinions on the internet.
Did you go to the gig though?
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Quote by Hydra150
Did you go to the gig though?

Nope, we came back a while later to try and go in the other entrance but the guy used his walkey talkey to talk to who I think was one of the guys that came up to us and described us, and the guy said don't let them in. We weren't on the venues property, they walked up to us, it's bullshit.
Quote by Banjocal
are you under 18?

July 23, 1997. If he did this before that date this year, then yes.
Quote by Banjocal
are you under 18?

Yeah, but it's not the point, they went out of their way to walk up to us, what people do outside of the venue is none of their business, the guys probably just upset because he failed the exam to become a real police officer so he has to find other ways to abuse his power.
As far as I'm aware he has no business taking your drinks off you. He is not a police officer, once you have the drinks he has nothing in his power to change that. You weren't even inside the venue or directly outside the entrance so it was none of their business. Therefore, he was just practicing the age-old security guard tradition of being a complete mouthbreathing knobsuckler and you were right to refuse him. If he did try to get you fired, you could bring up his entirely unprofessional behaviour.
🙈 🙉 🙊
Where did your mate buy the beer from?
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Quote by lemmyisgod97
Yeah, but it's not the point, they went out of their way to walk up to us, what people do outside of the venue is none of their business, the guys probably just upset because he failed the exam to become a real police officer so he has to find other ways to abuse his power.

Let me ask you something. Listen.

Do you look like a baby ?

Security wouldn't have walked up to you if you didn't look like a baby. What's more likely though, is that security walked up to you because you and your pals were being loudmouths and disturbing the general area with insane dB's of garbage. Your age was all they needed to pacify the area.
Quote by Lord_Doku
Let me ask you something. Listen.

Do you look like a baby ?

Security wouldn't have walked up to you if you didn't look like a baby. What's more likely though, is that security walked up to you because you and your pals were being loudmouths and disturbing the general area with insane dB's of garbage. Your age was all they needed to pacify the area.

We weren't being loud though, we were just standing there talking.
Quote by Hydra150
Where did your mate buy the beer from?

He brought it from his uncles, it was only 2 cans each, it wasn't as if we were getting pissed.
Quote by lemmyisgod97
We weren't being loud though, we were just standing there talking.

Oh well, security does have a personal vendetta against chaos. You were just the unlucky victims of the day.

Still dumbass for drinking while underage with no fake ID in front of a well-visited music venue. Sorry, but that's inviting trouble.
Quote by lemmyisgod97
What I'm hearing is "I drank illegally on the land a pub owns (assuming you were on the land), and I was asked for ID because one of us looked underage, so they enforced their jobs and the law".

they're coming to take me away
ha-haaa
Quote by Banjocal
What I'm hearing is "I drank illegally on the land a pub owns (assuming you were on the land), and I was asked for ID because one of us looked underage, so they enforced their jobs and the law".

It wasn't a pub, we weren't on it's land, and he's a security guard, he doesn't have the authority to enforce the law.
They've probably already forgotten your face (unless it was a really small venue)

and if it's a decent sized place, the security guys are usually contracted out so it's not like they'll have any impact on venue management.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
In all fairness, as you were walking away, and already a fair distance away when you quietly said that you'd knock him out he probably didn't hear you.
Quote by Mephaphil
In all fairness, as you were walking away, and already a fair distance away when you quietly said that you'd knock him out he probably didn't hear you.

I'm not one for acting hard and shit, he grabbed me and I pushed him and he started putting his head up to me, it was just the heat of the moment. He still had no right to grab me.
should 'a told him to go eat a bowl of ****
You hit 'em and they get back up
I hit 'em and they stay down
- Frank Castle
Quote by lemmyisgod97

You where underage and drinking so he shouldn't have let you in to the venue at all KNOWING you had been drinking beforehand otherwise, you could be a liability to the venue and their responsibility.

If you had put the drink in the bin and not been an idiot he would have probably turned the other cheek and 'forgot' that he saw you with a beer by the sounds of it.

All in all, it's your own fault. The guy was trying to do his job AND probably about to ignore the fact you where illegally drinking but by the sounds of you describing the situation in a way that 'you totally stood up to this security guard because you're totally badass and he now fears you', I personally wouldn't have let you in either.

And yes, he can mention the way you acted and they could hold it against you if they wanted to.
When I was eleven I broke the patio window and my mother sued me... She's always been a very aggressive litigator.
Quote by cha33 armstrong
should 'a told him to go eat a bowl of ****

Coco pops?
Quote by link no1
You where underage and drinking so he shouldn't have let you in to the venue at all KNOWING you had been drinking beforehand otherwise, you could be a liability to the venue and their responsibility.

If you had put the drink in the bin and not been an idiot he would have probably turned the other cheek and 'forgot' that he saw you with a beer by the sounds of it.

All in all, it's your own fault. The guy was trying to do his job AND probably about to ignore the fact you where illegally drinking but by the sounds of you describing the situation in a way that 'you totally stood up to this security guard because you're totally badass and he now fears you', I personally wouldn't have let you in either.

And yes, he can mention the way you acted and they could hold it against you if they wanted to.

aw hell nah man

gotta fight the power every day

staight tough from the streets, thug till I die, bruv
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
Quote by lemmyisgod97
Basically I've got this job opportunity at a music venue but there's a slight problem, a couple of weeks ago I was supposed to be going to a gig there. Outside the venue while me and my mates were waiting one of them was able to get beer, so we were there just standing and drinking opposite of the music venue when 4 security guards came over to us and asked are we going to the gig, we said yes, they asked for id (it was an all ages gig, not over 18) I asked why they want id because its not an over 18 gig, they said because were drinking, I said we don't have id so then one of the security guards told us to put our drinks in the bin and I said no. Then he walks up to me and grabs my arm (we were outside by the way, not on the venue's property) and I pushed him then he starts heading up to me so I told him that if he touches me again I'll knock him out, then he told me and my mates not to turn up for when the gig starts.
So, if I did get a job in there, and I was working my first day and this guy spots me, would he be able to get me fired ?

ayy lmao
The bouncer was probably doing you a favour as he wouldn't have been able to let you in if he'd known you were drinking but instead you decided to be a little shit. I hope you reap the consequences of it.
Wouldn't it have just been easier to slam the little can, instead of flaunting it in public?

Also, I gotta call bullshit on your response to the security guard, that never happened.
Last edited by AxeToFall at Sep 27, 2013,
Quote by AxeToFall
Wouldn't it have just been easier to slam the little can, instead of flaunting it in public?

Also, I gotta call bullshit on your response, that never happened.

What part never happened ?
Quote by lemmyisgod97

the part where you claimed to be anything but a scared little boy
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
Venues often hire bouncers from third-party companies. He might not be an employee of the venue, and might never even be back.

I'm on the bouncer's side though.
Quote by lemmyisgod97

*and I pushed him then he starts heading up to me so I told him that if he touches me again I'll knock him out

C'mon man.

So you pushed him (assaulted him), told him you would knock him out (threatened him), all with obvious signs of alcohol being involved? That bouncer would have destroyed you.
Last edited by AxeToFall at Sep 27, 2013,
Quote by TunerAddict
the part where you claimed to be anything but a scared little boy

Nah, it happened, you'd be pissed to if you had some asshole coming over to you basically assaulting you.
Quote by lemmyisgod97
Nah, it happened

Nah, it didn't.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

Quote by TunerAddict
Nah, it didn't.

I really don't care what you think, the whole point was would he be able to get me fired if I got the job.
#1 Any good security guard wouldn't allow a minor who they know has been drinking into their venue.

#2 It's possible he could cost you your job at the venue (should you get 1). It's also just as likely he had to deal with a hundred other little kids like you and won't recognize you.

#3 Grow up. That's pretty stupid sitting outside of a club drinking when you're underage, especially if you want a job there. Jesus.
Quote by lemmyisgod97
Nah, it happened, you'd be pissed to if you had some asshole coming over to you basically assaulting you.

He gets paid to deal with drunk douches...pretty sure he'd wrek u m8
ayy lmao
That security guy shouldn't have come to you if you weren't on the venue's property. That being said, when you showed up to the venue, he should've asked for your ID because he had seen you drinking and so on not letting you in.

I'm really surprised by how some of you guys would bent over to get butt****ed by some asshole abusing his power, because really that's what he was doing.

On subject I'd say just try that job, you have nothing to loose. And if you have problems with that jerk again, just bring up how he abuses his power. He did that to you and that meant less clients to the venue so I guess that would be a fair argument...
Quote by DarkLiquor
I like you. Compassionate and strong. Glad theres people like you.

"What is the best kind of slave to have? One who does not realize they are a slave"
Wake up people!
Quote by shelovemyguitar

I'm really surprised by how some of you guys would bent over to get butt****ed by some asshole abusing his power, because really that's what he was doing.

Maybe because we don't support criminal scum like OP.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

Quote by TunerAddict
Maybe because we don't support criminal scum like OP.

He's a criminal scum because he drinks beer while underage and in public? Seriously? What are you some kind of pussy?

Am I the only one here who's done that multiple times?
Quote by DarkLiquor
I like you. Compassionate and strong. Glad theres people like you.

"What is the best kind of slave to have? One who does not realize they are a slave"
Wake up people!
Page 1 of 2