Page 1 of 3
All right guys, let's be honest here: the reason guys go to nightclubs is to hit on chicks, and possibly get laid.

Maybe not 100% of the time, but if you wanna hang out with your buddies and have some beer, well, you can do that at a home party, do it during a Champions League game (Or whatever it is NHL and NFL do), do it at someone's party, pub, etc.

Nightclubs are a pretty obvious place to find chicks, who also, dress sexy.

Now let's talk about nightclub sexism. Everyone knows about Lady's Night, yeah? Of course, it's only to get as many girls in, to attract the guys to come in and pay full price and maybe even pay drinks for these girls. Clubs are a business, and girls are marketing.

Can you imagine if there was a Guy's Night? The places would be full of drunk, sweaty men, sausage fest as far as the eye can see.

Of course, not so many women will go, because women aren't the pursuers, men are. Sexist? Human nature? Whatever.

Now, maybe you guys haven't noticed, but chicks love attention. You only need to check Facebook see how often girls put up selfies of themselves. They crave that shit like a junkie needs heroin.

So girls go to the club, dressed (and let's be honest here, guys) like street workers. Cue in You, hitting Them, and 9/10 times you'll be ignored, shot down, rejected, ridiculed, etc. Of course, not all the time, but more often than not that's gonna happen. It doesn't matter to girls. If you went up to her, bought her a drink it's 1-0 to her. You're talking to her and her fat friend took her away from you, it's 2-0 to her. This is a place where women have all the power, and men have none.

The more "game" you have, the better your luck. And I'm not saying people never get lucky in clubs, they do(!) so I want to talk about THAT next.

I don't know how much it costs to go out to a nightclub where you live, but I can say that, in my case, I used to spend an average of 40 quid on a night out. That's about 70 bucks and 50 euros. That may be considered cheap, I know a guy who spends up to 100 quid. Or more, sometimes.

So let's meet half way and say a night out costs 70 quid.

As I mentioned before, you're not gonna get lucky every night. You may need to go out anywhere from 5 to 10 times. Less if you've got game and looks, more if you don't.

That means it can cost you anywhere from 350 to 700 quid until you get puss.

That's between 500 - 1000 bucks.

That amount of money can get you some pretty decent prostitutes, more than once.

And instead of paying money to shoddy nightclub owners, you cut out the middle man, and pay her to leave. You wake up next morning, no hang over, that's a bonus.

This, gentlemen, is why nightclubs suck.

Tl,dr: The money you spend on going to nightclubs can be used much more efficiently on prostitutes.

Discuss.
I really don't know if it's that I'm really irritable cos I'm tired or if this thread really sucks as much horsedick(.mpeg) as I think it does.

EDIT: I will say that if you're actually spending that much money trying to get laid, and you're failing, hookers might be your only option..
i got laid at a nightclub quite a few times and everytime it didn't cost me a single drink, maybe TS is just ugly
"If I tell you I'm good, you would probably think I'm boasting. If I tell you I'm no good, you know I'm lying."
Quote by Philip_pepper

Can you imagine if there was a Guy's Night? The places would be full of drunk, sweaty men, sausage fest as far as the eye can see.

Of course, not so many women will go, because women aren't the pursuers, men are. Sexist? Human nature? Whatever.

I used to live a few blocks away from a bar that did that.
They would have "Guys night" and "Girls night".

It was a gay bar BTW.
Some people actually go clubbing when in relationships to go out and have fun but I completely do not understand this one bit.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Quote by CodeMonk
I used to live a few blocks away from a bar that did that.
They would have "Guys night" and "Girls night".

It was a gay bar BTW.

Of course.
I don't like night clubs. I don't like prostitutes either. I'd like to go out every now and then and have a drink with friends, but the only decent place to do that in this shithole of a "town" is a nightclub. So I end up sitting alone in the corner, bored as hell, hating the music and being way too sober to get on the dancefloor. That's why I prefer just watching a movie or smoking weed with my buddies.
Quote by Anthropocentric
Your balls. You lost the right to them. Hand them over.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
What kind of person needs to have a Flying V shoved up their vagina?

Join The 7-String Legion! Now!
Keep in mind that there are certain types of guys that thrive on A. Getting attention from multiple individuals (guys and/or girls) at the same time, B. the chase (aka the process of "gaming" a girl), and C. the "scene", or dressing like a douche and getting drunk, doing drugs (if they're into it) and dancing/grinding on girls who are into the same thing. If every dude was exclusively trying to get laid more efficiently (read: at the lowest cost with highest probability), then there would be a brothel where every nightclub stands instead.

The fact of the matter is that some dudes just enjoy going to clubs, whether its to pick up girls or in the rare instance that they just want to drink/have fun, and some guys will spend as much as necessary for an "authentic" hook up as opposed to easily paying a prostitute for his/her services.

Also the point you are making is incredibly moot because most guys already know and out of the ones that don't, you would be hard pressed to find one who cares.
Last edited by superdiazepam at Sep 28, 2013,
I don't go to clubs anymore. I did when I was 16-20, but I didn't like them too much. I generally went to rock clubs which were okay, but then indie clubs.

The indie clubs in London are literally full of complete pricks, obsessed with the coolest bands and the right clothes, who are more than willing to shun you and talk down to you for liking Soundgarden while they hit on your girlfriend. They soon learn to respect a relationship though.

I'm happy with dreads and ripped jeans, go **** yourself.

Phillip. What is your obsession with making these generalisations about women? They aren't dressing like prostitutes, they just dress as the trend informs them to. They aren't necessarily looking for anything and god forbid they look like they're having a good time.

Why don't you speak to them and find out what they think? Oh yea, that's right. They're put off because you dress like every other tool in there too! Based on what you say are you any better? Could it be that you're just the male version of them. Could they also be wrong?

Honestly, you need to look at your misogyny. Try and look at people individually and from a slightly higher perspective. I don't mean to come across as righteous, but you come across as offensive.
what is this shit thread? you don't have to justify banging a hooker to us man just do it.
i don't know why i feel so dry
The thing is, picking up chicks at a nightclub is an investment. It might be expensive, but if you do your job well you'll end up with a nice lady whom you can f**k any day you want and you don't even need to pay. Prostitutes might be alright and more efficient, but in the long run, they cost more.
Went to a club a few times in Montreal, and once in Niagara Falls (where I live). I hate them. Only went along because of friends. Now if they say they're goingto a club I just sit that night out.

Music is too loud, floor is sticky, it's packed in there, it's douche bag central, nowhere to sit. I don't know what the appeal is. Go to a bar for ****s sake. You can sit and chill at a bar, play pool, play darts, hear your conversation. I mean it's better in literally every way. It's cheaper, too.
Quote by MetalGS3SE
This is the best idea I have ever heard. Ever.

Naedauuf for president people.

Quote by Mephaphil

Phillip. What is your obsession with making these generalisations about women? They aren't dressing like prostitutes, they just dress as the trend informs them to. They aren't necessarily looking for anything and god forbid they look like they're having a good time.

Why don't you speak to them and find out what they think? Oh yea, that's right. They're put off because you dress like every other tool in there too! Based on what you say are you any better? Could it be that you're just the male version of them. Could they also be wrong?

Honestly, you need to look at your misogyny. Try and look at people individually and from a slightly higher perspective. I don't mean to come across as righteous, but you come across as offensive.

I hate clubs. I can see why people love them, but it's simply not in my taste. After all, hearing people without them having to torch their vocal cords is nice, and the entrance fee being your first drink is fair. Besides that, I don't need to be reminded that I'm very socially awkward every time I step outside the door. I'd rather go to a bar then.
Once upon a time there was a night club that I didn't go into. I got laid for free by a girl I spoke to on the bus. No diseases were had by all and I could afford to pay my rent.

*slow clap*
Quote by naedauuf
Went to a club a few times in Montreal, and once in Niagara Falls (where I live). I hate them. Only went along because of friends. Now if they say they're goingto a club I just sit that night out.

Music is too loud, floor is sticky, it's packed in there, it's douche bag central, nowhere to sit. I don't know what the appeal is. Go to a bar for ****s sake. You can sit and chill at a bar, play pool, play darts, hear your conversation. I mean it's better in literally every way. It's cheaper, too.

This.
You must live in a very strange place, because down here there are girls who will blow you if you give them a cigarette.

Not that I have ever taken advantage of such situations because I am a gentleman and a scholar and no motherfucker takes my cigs

Edit: Also who is the motherfucker whose avatar is triggering my antivirus
🙈 🙉 🙊
Quote by entity0009
Edit: Also who is the motherfucker whose avatar is triggering my antivirus

Not an avatar, some bastard hotlinked a .GIF from some shit site.

OT: Never been to a club, don't plan to. I have better things to spend money on.
Quote by Philip_pepper
All right guys, let's be honest here: the reason guys go to nightclubs is to hit on chicks, and possibly get laid.

It's definitely a part of it. Same as the alcohol, loud music, reliance on body language and dancing.

Maybe not 100% of the time, but if you wanna hang out with your buddies and have some beer, well, you can do that at a home party, do it during a Champions League game (Or whatever it is NHL and NFL do), do it at someone's party, pub, etc.

Those are different kinds of parties. At least to me. I love doing all those things, but they're not all the same type of activity.

Nightclubs are a pretty obvious place to find chicks, who also, dress sexy.

As with guys.

Now let's talk about nightclub sexism. Everyone knows about Lady's Night, yeah? Of course, it's only to get as many girls in, to attract the guys to come in and pay full price and maybe even pay drinks for these girls. Clubs are a business, and girls are marketing.

True. Although I don't think clubs would be empty without these "ladies nights". It's a way to get more customers in, period.

Which, depending on the club, may not be such a bad thing.

While I realize that, and I don't like it, I don't think it should just be 'whatever'.

Now, maybe you guys haven't noticed, but chicks love attention. You only need to check Facebook see how often girls put up selfies of themselves. They crave that shit like a junkie needs heroin.

Wow, it only took a second. I think that girls don't 'need attention', they need reassurance because the things most of them have been taught are important, all throughout high school and in the media, relate only as to how the other sex views them. I'm also pretty sure you haven't met someone who really craves attention. Like, you don't understand that mentality at all if you're being so judgmental about it.

So girls go to the club, dressed (and let's be honest here, guys) like street workers. Cue in You, hitting Them, and 9/10 times you'll be ignored, shot down, rejected, ridiculed, etc. Of course, not all the time, but more often than not that's gonna happen. It doesn't matter to girls. If you went up to her, bought her a drink it's 1-0 to her. You're talking to her and her fat friend took her away from you, it's 2-0 to her. This is a place where women have all the power, and men have none.

Don't agree. Maybe you're kind of right but it's quite a myopic view of what's really going on. At the end, I'd rather it be this way than the opposite.

The more "game" you have, the better your luck. And I'm not saying people never get lucky in clubs, they do(!) so I want to talk about THAT next.

I've read MRA sites too. I went to a club after it. It's all bullshit.

I don't know how much it costs to go out to a nightclub where you live, but I can say that, in my case, I used to spend an average of 40 quid on a night out. That's about 70 bucks and 50 euros. That may be considered cheap, I know a guy who spends up to 100 quid. Or more, sometimes.

Yeah, they're expensive.

So let's meet half way and say a night out costs 70 quid.

For the sake of argument.

As I mentioned before, you're not gonna get lucky every night. You may need to go out anywhere from 5 to 10 times. Less if you've got game and looks, more if you don't.

I'm gonna mention again that it's not all about sex, a big part of it is, but not all. I'm not sure you understand how socializing works if you're turning this into probability.

That means it can cost you anywhere from 350 to 700 quid until you get puss.

That's between 500 - 1000 bucks.

That amount of money can get you some pretty decent prostitutes, more than once.

And instead of paying money to shoddy nightclub owners, you cut out the middle man, and pay her to leave. You wake up next morning, no hang over, that's a bonus.

This, gentlemen, is why nightclubs suck.

Tl,dr: The money you spend on going to nightclubs can be used much more efficiently on prostitutes.

Discuss.

You're an idiot.
Quote by Philip_pepper
So girls go to the club, dressed (and let's be honest here, guys) like street workers. Cue in You, hitting Them, and 9/10 times you'll be ignored[...]

But in all seriousness I wouldn't go to a club either. I'm pretty introverted- my idea of recreation usually involves being alone or hanging out with no more than 4 other people. For me, being with two others is probably the magic number because 3-way conversations can be really cool; you have two actively participating while the other gets to listen. The speakers shift as they find more relevant things to say. With more than that, people fight for an opportunity to speak or you end up with separate conversations going on in the same room. It's the whole dynamic of groups of three people I like, I suppose.

Still, it only takes a day or two of that and I want to be alone again. That's why I don't pursue relationships with women- I can talk to women, but I know that in the long run I'd rather not have to commit to that kind of relationship. At least the guys don't take it personally when you don't talk to them for a month. EDIT: I know I'm weird, but I talk about relationships because I find the idea of one-night-stands weird. I don't judge others who are down with it, but it would feel really forced and awkward for me if I did that.

Overpriced drinks and food don't motivate me a lot to go either...
Quote by Jesus
Gaza Strip- home. At least it was before I fucked ereythang up...
Last edited by JimDawson at Sep 28, 2013,
Why must you over analyze these things phillip? Everyone already knows this, it's just that some people like going out and doing things surprise surprise.
Last edited by So-Cal at Sep 28, 2013,
Quote by Philip_pepper
Or...am I so smart that it defies all common logic?

Nope. Actually, it doesn't defy any logic at all. I can probably give a multitude of reasons for why you'd make this thread, just as learned guesses, and some would be right. A lot of your threads tend to be about sex or feminism, which is great, they're two of my favorite topics nowadays. You take such a judgmental approach to those topics, though.

Frankly I don't think you understand how complex human behavior is. People go to social spots for a multitude of reasons. Clubbing, to me, is about turning off my brain for a few hours. Sex is definitely a latent, unconscious expectation but it's not the sole reason. I think it's the same for a lot of my friends.

With that said I understand how misguided some of those reasons might be, but your reasons for going to a club are no better, and your views on sex and women come off as a little predatory some times.

If this is the truth then I'm failing pretty badly.
I'll quote American Dad.

Quote by Roger
"You don't pay for it in the jungle. If you want to be the head of the animal kingdom, you've got to hunt it and take it down for yourself."

It's the fun of the chase. It's also a way of asserting dominance. If you go out and pay for it, you're effectively admitting to everyone that you're not worth breeding with and you've had to rely on other ways of getting laid. Getting with lots of girls shows that you're an "alpha male."

I mean in the long run it doesn't really matter. You can be an alpha male and have no career prospects and no future happiness but as we're all fairly young its important to show to other guys that you have some kind of value right now.

Don't tell the guidos that it's not that important or they'll implode.
<--- This is Wally. Not Waldo.

Gear List:
Ibanez RG570
Fender MIA Strat (in black, HSS)
Godawful Marshall MG practice amp

My Youtube
My godawful blog
Last edited by vulgarmachine at Sep 28, 2013,
I get the distinct impression that you've never been clubbing.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Quote by vulgarmachine
I'll quote American Dad.

It's the fun of the chase. It's also a way of asserting dominance. If you go out and pay for it, you're effectively admitting to everyone that you're not worth breeding with and you've had to rely on other ways of getting laid. Getting with lots of girls shows that you're an "alpha male."

I mean in the long run it doesn't really matter. You can be an alpha male and have no career prospects and no future happiness but as we're all fairly young its important to show to other guys that you have some kind of value right now.

Don't tell the guidos that it's not that important or they'll implode.

Is that not seeking validation? Seeking validation doesn't seem like something an "alpha" for do. It smells like desperation to me.

And the payment prospect - don't we all pay in some way for sex? Be it in paying for nice clothes, nice cars, haircuts, drinks, gym membership, etc. There's always a transaction happening.

Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Nope. Actually, it doesn't defy any logic at all. I can probably give a multitude of reasons for why you'd make this thread, just as learned guesses, and some would be right. A lot of your threads tend to be about sex or feminism, which is great, they're two of my favorite topics nowadays. You take such a judgmental approach to those topics, though.

Frankly I don't think you understand how complex human behavior is. People go to social spots for a multitude of reasons. Clubbing, to me, is about turning off my brain for a few hours. Sex is definitely a latent, unconscious expectation but it's not the sole reason. I think it's the same for a lot of my friends.

With that said I understand how misguided some of those reasons might be, but your reasons for going to a club are no better, and your views on sex and women come off as a little predatory some times.

Some times? Try all the time. xD
Last edited by Philip_pepper at Sep 28, 2013,
Why do your threads never get any better?
Quote by kertets
Only losers post their opinions on the internet.
Quote by Philip_pepper
Is that not seeking validation? Seeking validation doesn't seem like something an "alpha" for do. It smells like desperation to me.

And the payment prospect - don't we all pay in some way for sex? Be it in paying for nice clothes, nice cars, haircuts, drinks, gym membership, etc. There's always a transaction happening.

To be fair every human interaction in history could be summed up as validation of existence. It's more the sort of validation that's being given. I disagree in principle with the "Alpha/beta" system in any case. I just don't think it's that valid but a lot of people do agree with it.

And yuup, we have a sex based economy. Money is equivalent to power and those with more money are more likely to get sex. It's nearly tribal.

Although, I've managed to pull girls without spending much whilst nightclubbing. When I was in first year at uni we'd go to free nightclubs or nightclubs that cost a quid to get in and then hit on girls until you got a bite. Don't do it too much these days cos I think I've grown out of nightclubbing.

Gear List:
Ibanez RG570

My Youtube
My godawful blog
Quote by vulgarmachine
To be fair every human interaction in history could be summed up as validation of existence. It's more the sort of validation that's being given. I disagree in principle with the "Alpha/beta" system in any case. I just don't think it's that valid but a lot of people do agree with it.

And yuup, we have a sex based economy. Money is equivalent to power and those with more money are more likely to get sex. It's nearly tribal.

Although, I've managed to pull girls without spending much whilst nightclubbing. When I was in first year at uni we'd go to free nightclubs or nightclubs that cost a quid to get in and then hit on girls until you got a bite. Don't do it too much these days cos I think I've grown out of nightclubbing.

ITP: We reduce complex human interactions to bro-science.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Quote by Todd Hart
ITP: We reduce complex human interactions to bro-science.

>implying that human interactions in nightclubs are in anyway complicated.

Gear List:
Ibanez RG570

My Youtube
My godawful blog
Quote by Novacane...
Why do your threads never get any better?

You're doing it wrong. You have to read them backwards.
Ok so in an attempt to get legitimate discussion from this thread, why is there still so much stigma surrounding using the services of a prostitute? It's the world's oldest profession, after all, surely by now society should have come to accept it?
🙈 🙉 🙊
Quote by entity0009
Ok so in an attempt to get legitimate discussion from this thread, why is there still so much stigma surrounding using the services of a prostitute? It's the world's oldest profession, after all, surely by now society should have come to accept it?

Because it's illegal and because of the kind of people that do it and run it. If it wasn't illegal there'd be no stigma. There'd also be a lot less disease and violence associated. No pimps running girls and less disease because the women would be able to control their clientele. The problem is more with the street prostitutes and not with courtesans and call girls.

I don't believe there's a huge stigma in places like Holland where it's effectively legal but I could be wrong.

Gear List:
Ibanez RG570

My Youtube
My godawful blog
Page 1 of 3