Anyone have knowledge about this guitar?

[forbidden link]

Hows its playbility? For example, is the fretboard fast and can it be played comfortable while sitting? And reliability? Does it stay in tune? How you think about its pickups? How it plays acoustically? Has anyone got idea how those knobs work and are they any good for anything? Btw i play metal and music a lot of distortion in general.

In paper, it looks good to me. It has small ibanez-like body (also light i bet?), 24 frets, jumbo frets, maple fretboard instead of rosewood, looks damn pretty and its not floyd rose.

Only guitar i own atm has floyd rose tremolo. Kinda sick of it already after 2 years of ownership.
Last edited by Clockworkart at Sep 28, 2013,
Quote by Clockworkart
Anyone have knowledge about this guitar?

[forbidden link]

Hows its playbility? For example, is the fretboard fast and can it be played comfortable while sitting? And reliability? Does it stay in tune? How you think about its pickups? How it plays acoustically? Has anyone got idea how those knobs work and are they any good for anything? Btw i play metal and music a lot of distortion in general.

In paper, it looks good to me. It has small ibanez-like body (also light i bet?), 24 frets, jumbo frets, maple fretboard instead of rosewood, looks damn pretty and its not floyd rose.

I don't own one but from the looks of it, the one with the Floyd Rose is the higher quality model. I think the one you're talking about is made in China.

Is this the one you're talking about?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/B-C-Rich-ASM-Zoltan-2-Maple-Electric-Guitar-/161113058490?pt=Guitar&hash=item2583162cba

I recently bought 2 BC Rich that were made in Korea and both are great quality. I wouldn't buy anything made in China myself. I'm not saying it's of bad quality because I don't have one, just my thoughts on that.

Here's an example of the better model.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/B-C-Rich-Zoltan-Bathory-Signature-ASM-Electric-Guitar-Onyx-886830203756-/360729265913?pt=Guitar&hash=item53fd23c6f9

The tone knob has a push pull coil splitter. Basically it disables one coil in the humbucker so you can get a single coil sound if you wanted.

Quote by Clockworkart
Only guitar i own atm has floyd rose tremolo. Kinda sick of it already after 2 years of ownership.

I love my Floyd Rose. What don't you like about it?
Last edited by Blackfire. at Sep 29, 2013,
The Zoltan-2 is the MiC model, depending on what you expect from a 400$ guitar (a hardtail one at that) it might satisfy. The Zoltan is the MiK and has both hardtail and trem versions (original floyd! wut?) and Duncan Designed pups.
BC Rich's ASM series is amazing and very underrated in my opinion. I play on a BC Rich ASM Pro(Satin Grey) and I ****ing love it. I absolutely love the 16" radius neck. Everyone's all on about these stupid thin Ibanez whatever the **** necks and I hate them. You might want to check on the radius of this guitar's neck if you don't like the thicker ones.
The made in China guitars may not be that good though. Mine is Korean. They seem to know what they're doing.

The body is Mahogany so it probably wont be light.
..I was watching my death.
Quote by Blackfire.

I love my Floyd Rose. What don't you like about it?

Doesn't stay in tune. However, there is slight chance my string reinstallation skills do some tricks there. And in general I don't need whammy bar that much. Atm reliability is what i seek more than anything.
Quote by Clockworkart
Doesn't stay in tune. However, there is slight chance my string reinstallation skills do some tricks there. And in general I don't need whammy bar that much. Atm reliability is what i seek more than anything.

It may need a setup. My Floyd never goes out of tune, no matter how I abuse the whammy bar. But I don't really like Floyds that much either - too much of a hassle to me and I have found out that vintage style tremolos can keep tuning well if set up properly.

Also, if you don't need a whammy bar, you don't want a Floyd Rose.
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
Quote by Clockworkart

Here's a good thread on how to setup your Floyd Rose.
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=614226

Also a very long time ago I had a licensed Floyd Rose and it was crap and didn't stay in tune also. If possible try and buy something with a Floyd Rose Original on it if you ever decide to get one. Mine doesn't go out of tune with hard abuse.