I've always used a multi effects processor since I've been playing. I use the Boss ME-25. But then I saw all my guitar heroes used pedalboards with stompboxes and some used rack effects.

Well racks are out of my reach, so I wanted a pedalboard. But while researching, I found out that stompboxes don't really sound as good without a good amp to put them through. And seeing that I don't own one, I'm confused (I have a small 10W Marshall MG 10 CD).

Can anyone tell me a way to make stompboxes sound good while using them with an audio interface to record into my PC ? I've been hearing about a term "amplifier modelling". Can anyone elaborate on that ? If it's the solution to my problem that is.
Pedals usually don't work very well with amp modelling. Modellers usually expect a clean guitar signal and don't seem to take an already processed signal very well.
EGC Baritone | ESP M-I | Gibson LP Jr
BC Rich USA ST3 | Fender Telecaster
VHT/Fryette GP3 | Verellen Meatsmoke pre | Mesa 2:90
Soldano HR50+ | Marshall 2203KK | Krank RevJr 50 | Holden 50
Orange PPC412 | Laney GS412 | Mesa Thiele 112 | Alron 115
1 - You don't need any stompboxes to make that amp sound good, you need a new amp. MGs are OK to start learning on, but as soon as you start wanting to perfect your tone, you've outgrown it.

2 - If you're talking about going through an interface to your PC, you definitely don't need stompboxes. You can download them and use your PC software to do everything you need.

I strongly recommend you go to the Recordings forum and read the stickys. There's one for interfaces and one for VSTs (this is where you'll learn about amp modelling). We also have a chat thread over there with some extremely knowledgeable guys who'll be able to help you get started.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Quote by GaryBillington
2 - If you're talking about going through an interface to your PC, you definitely don't need stompboxes. You can download them and use your PC software to do everything you need.

+1

if you are going into an interface anyway then you might as well get something like amplitube. i have the free version and it is very limited but still seems to have about all i really need. i also have a boatload of free vst plug-ins i've downloaded. plus garageband and logic also have a bunch of stuff.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae