I just saw a guitar named Gibson N-225, and I began to fall in love with it. and I am going to change my SG's pickup to one P-90, and one humbucker. Unfortunately, I don't have enough money to buy N-225 so, Can I follow the tone of N-225 with pickup-changed SG?
As it's a semi-hollowbody guitar vs solidbody guitar: not exactly, but it could get close.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
Not really. It will be close but the neck pickup on the SG is closer to the bridge so it would likely sound a bit more trebly. Just looking at it kind of makes me think it would be closer to a BFG. A used BFG should be easier to afford. Have you looked into one of those?
Quote by HippieMagic
Not really. It will be close but the neck pickup on the SG is closer to the bridge so it would likely sound a bit more trebly. Just looking at it kind of makes me think it would be closer to a BFG. A used BFG should be easier to afford. Have you looked into one of those?

Gonna check that. Thnx a lot.
Quote by JesusCrisp
As it's a semi-hollowbody guitar vs solidbody guitar: not exactly, but it could get close.

Great advice. Thanks a lot
I'm not seeing any cheap BFGs online right now. Cheaper than $1400 but still not too much less lol.

The n225 kind of looks like the result of a drunken night between an SG and a Strat.
Last edited by HippieMagic at Sep 29, 2013,