15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
first one sounds like a telecaster.

fender or vox would likely work.

second one sounds a fair bit heavier. traynor ycv50b on thomann?

up to you, really, depends on which tone(s) you need more.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
New, Ampeg GVT.
Used, Fender HRD or Vox AC30.

For those heavier tones i'd throw a dirt pedal in front.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
^ i forgot about the ampeg- I haven't tried them, but for the price thomann sells them for, they're probably worth considering.

and yeah depending on how much he needs the heavier tones a pedal is worth considering.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
^ i forgot about the ampeg- I haven't tried them, but for the price thomann sells them for, they're probably worth considering.

and yeah depending on how much he needs the heavier tones a pedal is worth considering.

Thomann is selling them at an insane price.
I bought a GVT52-112 a few months ago for 499€. In the USA, that Ampeg is more expensive than a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe (Ampeg - $749.99 vs. Fender - $729.99).

It's an awesome amp and is, in many ways, similar to a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe.
TS, if you want to read my review of the amp, my NAD thread is here.

Now the Ampeg GVT52 2x12" is even cheaper, at £323.10. That would leave £176.90 for a great distortion pedal.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Where are you based? I have a Hiwatt for sale that nails that shit yo
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
Quote by Linkerman
Thomann is selling them at an insane price.
I bought a GVT52-112 a few months ago for 499€. In the USA, that Ampeg is more expensive than a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe (Ampeg - $749.99 vs. Fender - $729.99).

It's an awesome amp and is, in many ways, similar to a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe.
TS, if you want to read my review of the amp, my NAD thread is here.

Now the Ampeg GVT52 2x12" is even cheaper, at £323.10. That would leave £176.90 for a great distortion pedal.

yeah

though it's worth bearing in mind that thomann has a similarly great price on the traynor (assuming it suits well enough what he wants to play... when i tried the ycv40 I thought it was like a "better" hot rod deluxe, but the 50 might be a little more marshally).
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
yeah

though it's worth bearing in mind that thomann has a similarly great price on the traynor (assuming it suits well enough what he wants to play... when i tried the ycv40 I thought it was like a "better" hot rod deluxe, but the 50 might be a little more marshally).

Yeah but he wants to buy my Hiwatt. Trust me TS. Do it.
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
cheers chaps, am looking more to the first sort of tone rather than the second. also i have a couple of overdrive and distortion pedals (mxr micro amp and RAT) so i'm sure i can hammer it to get the heavier tones (which i won't use much).

ac30 is looking like a strong contender, any recommendations on models? i've heard that the cc2x is pretty decent although i'm hard pressed to find one within my budget! again i can wait if it's worth it. (want it now though )

as for the ampeg, i'm not too sure, i'll certainly have a look, it's dependent on whether they have enough bite, really. good price.

my current amp is an ac30vr, it's pretty decent so i need a definite upgrade.

in touch with a bloke about a ltd edition laney vc30 212. any good?

as for the hi-watt, no ta mate not my cup of tea.
not too sure about the various vox models, I've only tried the older CC version.

Rats tend to work pretty well with voxes- they have that rep anyway. So that would likely work well. the micro amp, though i haven't tried it, won't hurt either. nice to have options.

the vc30 is pretty nice, but is possibly a little bland- or generic-sounding if you want that voxy tone. It's kind of like a poor man's vox ac30 (though not identical, or even all that close, to be honest, at least to my ears... never actually looked at the schematic so I dunno how close it actually is ). Also the 2x12 version will be big and heavy (and it really needs a speaker swap, which is expensive when you have to buy 2 speakers).
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
nice one, thanks. looking pretty settled on the ac30 although i'll still definitely try out the laney. it has greenback celestions which i hear are pretty nice?

one last thing. speaker choice. is it worth dishing out the extra cash for these alcino blue celestion speakers or should i just pick up a c2 and be done with it. either way it's going to be an upgrade.
Yeah go for the AC30. Arctic use to use them on the early stuff.

In terms of greenbacks or bluebacks that's personal preference I suppose. Typically they say the blues are chimier for the more authentic vintage vox sound, but I chose the greenbacks cause personally I like the sound of distorted greenbacks!

I'd say go for the greenbacks if you want those tones of the second video.
Quote by greeny23
i shake the walls of my bedroom. with mah dick.
Quote by Eppicurt
Quote by NakedInTheRain
hey, be nice to the hipster.
I hear they use false bypass switches.

It's, like, so ironic.
Quote by Andalus
(a) nice one, thanks. looking pretty settled on the ac30 although i'll still definitely try out the laney. it has greenback celestions which i hear are pretty nice?

(b) one last thing. speaker choice. is it worth dishing out the extra cash for these alcino blue celestion speakers or should i just pick up a c2 and be done with it. either way it's going to be an upgrade.

(a) originally it came with 70/80s (some might come with HH speakers, not certain)- so I'd want to check it genuinely does have greenbacks and not just 70/80s as a lot of people selling stuff are pretty economical with the truth or play the "i'm not an expert, it was a genuine mistake" card, which coincidentally often seems to increase the value of what they're selling

that's not to say it doesn't have greenbacks- the original owner may well have upgraded the speakers. It'll be pretty easy to tell if you can see the speakers.

(I just realised you may have meant that the vox had greenbacks. If so, ignore what I wrote. )

(b) Hard to say. I have limited experience with this, I will say that, from what I hear, most people say the classic vox tone is with the blues.

I have a genz benz black pearl which (I think) is voxy. it has the eminence red fang alnico speakers which I'm guessing are in the ballpark of blues. they do suit it very well (better than greenbacks, to my ears), but it's really personal preference, to a certain extent. for slightly heavier stuff the greenbacks may well be better.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?