Hi, My name is Rick. As stated, I am a Canadian living in Germany. I started playing guitar back in 2009. As most things, get stuck, stop, restart, stop. I have problems co-coordinating my left hand with my right hand trying to play riffs, and such. I would like to hear how to overcome this if possible. Not to many players in this area. Cheers for now.
Well, I've got a few things:
1.) I'm from Germany and I know many guitar players. Where do you live?
2.) What kind of riffs? Early Metallica sixteenth-note riffs or Sabbath-type slow but powerful? If it's the fast ones slow it down 40-50 bpm and sit down with a metronom to get it right. Or just bang on one note at say 140 bpm and try to accent the first note of it (kinda like "Eye of the tiger") and then work up the speed until you feel comfortable at faster stuff.
3.) I'm probably gonna get hate for this but it's a great way to improve left and right hand coordination. It's called "Guitar Hero". I know it sounds crazy but this game helped me develop my coordination a bit because the game has no mercy and you have to be right on the nugget to hit the notes. I'm not saying it's a replacement for real guitar practice but in this particular area it can help you
Quote by Reinima
3.) I'm probably gonna get hate for this but it's a great way to improve left and right hand coordination. It's called "Guitar Hero". I know it sounds crazy but this game helped me develop my coordination a bit because the game has no mercy and you have to be right on the nugget to hit the notes. I'm not saying it's a replacement for real guitar practice but in this particular area it can help you

Guitar Hero is fun, but since the way of the signal has to go from the wireless guitar to the console, through the processor, before its played, I find it more than doubtful to say you have to be precise. The audio signal may be, but only because it already was in time when it was recorded. The system itself is accouting for a lot of lag by leaving space for error, which doesnt make you play more accurate. Id rather get a metronome and record myself playing slow, because thats more likely to reveal sloppy playing.