I love guitar and want to learn as much about it before I die, I want to learn theory but I have no idea where to start. could someone point me in the right direction?
A great place to start would be learning all the notes on the guitar and starting to study scales and chords. You can find a lot of resources for learning all of that kind of stuff right here on UG. I hope you achieve all your goals, and good luck!
I'm not sure you really need to learn "guitar theory"- it's all music theory. If you ask me (and bear in mind I'm a massively skewed sample here because I played piano before guitar), the musical notes and even theory are much, much simpler on piano than they are on guitar as the notes are laid out in a much more logical manner.

Don't get me wrong- I'm not saying you should learn piano, lol, of course not. But a more general music theory book (don't laugh but i found the complete idiots' guide to music theory to be pretty good) might be a good idea to get the basics into your head first in a logical manner, and then once you've done that you can start to move it to guitar.

if you want to stick to guitar books, david mead's chords and scales for guitarists is pretty good. I've heard good things about tom kolb's music theory for guitarists (something like that), too, though I haven't read it.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?