Page 1 of 2
Why are biker gangs more socially acceptable than other gangs?

I was chatting up some guy today and he looked like a regular white guy with some tats. He went on and on about seeing the Hells Angels at a park while they revved up their choppers and took to the streets in droves. He was so proud to have witnessed that moment in his life.

All the while i'm thinking that these guys are the #1 most dangerous biker club in the world. Drugs, murder and theft leaves me thinking that they're just as bad as gangbangers, cartel latino gangs and various ethnic mafia groups.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
My little town is full of Hells Angels, they don't bother me. I hate the loud fags of course but they keep the place full of lots of drugs at least.
i thought that the worst they've done to outsiders as a gang was to be wild animals.
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
You said it in the OP nels.

Biker gangs are white. Most others aren't.

Goddamnit snazz

Well, since I'm forced to make a new point now, it's because motorcycles are kool
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Because despite whatever documentary you watched told you, most(I said most, not all) biker gangs are just people that love riding and fixing them up. And the worst thing they ever do is occasionally get into a little fight outside of a bar.
Bikies, in Australia at least, generally have normal jobs and pay their taxes, they don't go around randomly beating people just to make a name for themselves.
They're more of a business than the Asian and Lebanese gangs of Australia.
i hate them because it's always choppers. like who invented those, they're hideous and stupid. plus if any other vehicle sounded like such shit i'd recommend a mechanic.
i don't know why i feel so dry
They're white and sometimes don't appear visibly different or threatening to "outsiders" because they blend with the 99 percent of other bikers who aren't gangmembers or criminals. There's also a lot less of them. They generally don't take part in shootouts in residential neighborhoods or commit muggings. How true that last sentence is I'm not sure. I'm willing to bet there's bar owners or similar people who may disagree but due to their occurrence in such low numbers, or often in more rural settings (not really feasible to do a lot of muggings), I don't think they make as much of a blip on the crime scene. They also tend to present themselves as legitimate organizations, and contract out individuals to do petty crimes. Other gangs and cartels have false front organizations too, but it seems like they're more or less willing to use visible street gangs to commit petty crimes. Plus they have the race component and all, which just makes things more... Well you know, complicated and heated.
Because a Hell's Angel is not going to mug you while walking down the street like a Blood or Crip or Satan's Disciples or what have you would.
they aren't
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Because bikers in America participate in those toy run things and donate shit and whatever. Those other street gangs just smoke weed and shoot rival niggas.
can't say for other countries but this whole "they're white" thing is a load of crap. There are tons of Latin and Black motorcycle gangs (or "clubs" as they like to say). By the "they are white" logic i am guessing the KKK and other white supremacy groups are left alone by the cops? Contrary to popular internet belief Race and/or color does not make the entire world revolve and some things are just because they are.
Why are bike gangs cool? because motorcycles are awesome and chopped/custom motorcycles are even more awesome.
Quote by BlackVoid
Every guitar and bass forum I've visited has some people chasing some magical tone that will shoot jizzing unicorns riding on a rainbow out of their amp.
less dangerous more annoying
It depends on what you mean by "biker gangs".

If you're talking about the 1% clubs like Hells Angels and Warlocks... Yeah, (most) of those guys are just meth'd out thugs. Not something to be admired. I guess the only "good" thing that you can say is that they usually keep all of their fighting and trouble restricted to rival clubs, and do have a certain sense of a "code of honor" about them. They don't just start random shit by killing/robbing random people.

Now if we're talking about the local clubs, those guys are more or less harmless. They might talk a big game, but there is usually a reason why they are in local clubs and not 1% clubs.
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
Quote by seanlang01
They're white and sometimes don't appear visibly different or threatening to "outsiders" because they blend with the 99 percent of other bikers who aren't gangmembers or criminals. There's also a lot less of them. They generally don't take part in shootouts in residential neighborhoods or commit muggings. How true that last sentence is I'm not sure. I'm willing to bet there's bar owners or similar people who may disagree but due to their occurrence in such low numbers, or often in more rural settings (not really feasible to do a lot of muggings), I don't think they make as much of a blip on the crime scene. They also tend to present themselves as legitimate organizations, and contract out individuals to do petty crimes. Other gangs and cartels have false front organizations too, but it seems like they're more or less willing to use visible street gangs to commit petty crimes. Plus they have the race component and all, which just makes things more... Well you know, complicated and heated.

You got it right.
A bassist is never late, nor is he early, he arrives precisely when he means to.

The Pit operates under a pseudo-Murphy’s Law state of mind. You can make a comment and "whatever wrong assumption that can be made about it, will be made about it."
I grew up in a rural area where there were plenty of Hell's Angels. I never once had a problem with any of them and neither did anyone I knew. Just for reference my family was well off and had no affiliations with any bikers or people on that side of the law. I did know one guy who stabbed a son of a Hell's Angel and was subsequently murdered but I guess you could say he had it coming.
In my experience, bikers tend to keep to themselves or at the very least are smart enough to appear that way. It all depends though, I know in Quebec in the 90's there were many innocent victims of the Hell's Angels.

MS13, Crips, Bloods etc. are much more likely to rob, rape or kill you on the street just for being there. At least that's what I have seen (experience based on managing security companies in the US and Canada).
Quote by zenbone
can't say for other countries but this whole "they're white" thing is a load of crap. There are tons of Latin and Black motorcycle gangs (or "clubs" as they like to say). By the "they are white" logic i am guessing the KKK and other white supremacy groups are left alone by the cops? Contrary to popular internet belief Race and/or color does not make the entire world revolve and some things are just because they are.
Why are bike gangs cool? because motorcycles are awesome and chopped/custom motorcycles are even more awesome.
Yeah, but that's only partly true. The Hell's Angels aren't inherently a racist organization, and neither are black motorcycle "clubs" but people self sort in those types of situations. I think it's mostly because there are so few. Wikipedia has world wide Hell's Angels club members as just over 2000-2500. That's not a lot. And of course there are other 1 percent clubs, most of them being white, but then there are even fewer black or latino clubs. There just aren't many of either. You can say roughly the reverse about street gangs, but it doesn't mean that people don't create stereotypes in their mind and that they don't intuitively feel "safer" around a certain type of gang/race/etc. I'm not saying it's morally right, or the only way this works, but that it likely plays a component. I'd be willing to bet in other places people have similar feelings about certain organized crime syndicates versus street gangs or immigrants and so on.
Quote by badfish_lewis
MS13, Crips, Bloods etc. are much more likely to rob, rape or kill you on the street just for being there. At least that's what I have seen (experience based on managing security companies in the US and Canada).
It seems that way, but just from what I read in the papers, it might not be true. It seems like most muggings and the like are from unaffiliated people or less organized cliques. There just seem to be more of them.
biker gangs are brainwashed secterian pussies that kill people and ruin lifes of many others

real gangsters have slang-names, like "mister president" or "prime minister"
I grew up in the club life thanks to my Dad, if you haven't been inside you shouldn't guess at what it's like or is. Live for your Brother, Die for your Brother. Each club has their own code's and regulation's. The club has it's own legal system judge, jury and the Sgt at Arms who upholds the outcome whatever it may be.
There's this biker gang called the 'Sons of Anarchy' and all they do is blow shit up and hang around with some weirdo with no fingers.
because bikers h8 westboro baptist church and block them off sometimes when they picket funerals
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Quote by Mephaphil
There's this biker gang called the 'Sons of Anarchy' and all they do is blow shit up and hang around with some weirdo with no fingers.

i c wot u did thar
MY METALZ YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Quote by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
Quote by Rust_E_Stringz
I grew up in the club life thanks to my Dad, if you haven't been inside you shouldn't guess at what it's like or is. Live for your Brother, Die for your Brother. Each club has their own code's and regulation's. The club has it's own legal system judge, jury and the Sgt at Arms who upholds the outcome whatever it may be.

Sounds pretty gay
Quote by captainsnazz
Sounds pretty gay

Well I think one of the initiation rights for the Mongols MC was for men to piss on you...
Yes, they do partake in drug dealing.... They run security for a bunch of festivals, where their own drug dealers will sell shit, and if they catch someone else selling drugs, they'll beat the shit out of him and steal his drugs.
Quote by progdude93
Yes, they do partake in drug dealing.... They run security for a bunch of festivals, where their own drug dealers will sell shit, and if they catch someone else selling drugs, they'll beat the shit out of him and steal his drugs.

Well that just sounds like good business practice, to me.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
VROOM VROOM BRUP BUP BUP

Around Milwaukee you have a lot of middle aged folks across almost the entire socio-economic spectrum who ride Harley-Davidsons. They just had the 110th anniversary celebration. So that was something.

But there really aren't any biker gangs.

I think the whole thing is that most bikers are just normal, nice people who give bikers a good name. Some gangsta types (like who dress like a gangsta) are just thugs/muggers who aren't actually gang affiliated. I don't know where I was going with that. I kind of lost my train of thought.

I think most people are confusing bikers in general for biker gangs.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by Rust_E_Stringz
Live for your Brother, Die for your Brother.
Sounds like the same collectivist racket all other gangs espouse. I'm genuinely curious though, what was it like growing up in that environment?
Biker gangs were under heavy investigation by the FBI and DEA during the 80s and 90s, with undercover agents infiltrating Hells Angels and several other larger gangs.
Page 1 of 2