The Official 2013-14 NHL Season Thread: Blackcawks Probably Won't Repeat

Page 2 of 172
Quote by fishmunky
Just go to no touch and be done with it. I guess the players really don't want another foster/pitkanen incident

.^

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Pens had a horrible preseason. I hope that's not an indication of things to come, but of course if you listen to Mark Madden long enough you start thinking it will be.

With the way the divisions are restructured, we'll probably finish 2nd in our division, unless one of our goalies has a career year or all of them have shitty years. Probably. Boston and New York will give us trouble, but otherwise I don't see too many other teams threatening us.
The preseason is never indicative of the regular season. Even the first 1/4 of the season isn't very good for gauging which teams are the best.

The Penguins will finish near the top of the eastern conference, but unless Bylsma starts emphasizing accountability and proper d-zone coverage, they're not going to be winning anything significant. Kris Letang cannot be playing rover if the Penguins hope to win any cups. Malkin and Neal have to start playing something resembling hockey, because I'm not really sure what it is they play.

If Shero goes and makes idiotic trades again which result in taking away Bennett's spot then he should be fired. That was the big mistake the Penguins made last year. They took the only actual hockey player off of the second line. At least when Bennett is there, Malkin and Neal are effective.

Boston are poised for another great year. I think Iginla will be much more effective given increased offensive zone time and playing with much more competent centers than Matt Stajan. I'm really not sure what their lines are but if you have Eriksson and Krejci out with Iginla then at least the former two can help cover for Iginla's lack of defensive and neutral zone play. As much as I hate him for not accepting an adults name, Doug Hamilton will be a good addition to the Bruins. If not Hamilton, then Krug or Bartkowski can hopefully fill the hole left by Ference leaving.
Last edited by CaptainRon at Oct 1, 2013,
Quote by Shotgunmerc
Pens had a horrible preseason. I hope that's not an indication of things to come, but of course if you listen to Mark Madden long enough you start thinking it will be.

is mark madden a total buffoon? evidence you have offered here points to yes

you're better off simming the season in NHL 2014 and betting based on that than betting based on preseason dude cmon

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

I don't think preseason is a good indication of the regular season, I was only pointing out that it was really shitty for us. Mark Madden tends to point out every flaw in Pittsburgh sports teams and just hammer away on them, although with the Pens he tends to be very spot on. He hates that Bennett keeps getting dropped further and further in order to make room for guys like Jokinen.

Like I said though, I think we'll be near the top, probably 2nd in the division/conference. We simply have too much firepower not to be near the top
I don't know that I'm ready for the season. Its just all happened so fast.
Bruins 2014-2015: 24-16-6
I think getting Eriksson will benefit Boston beyond belief. Not only a great, underrated player, but plays on the wing and will make Boston's offence something to be reckoned with. I think it was also a good trade for Dallas who will be in the 8-10th seed range. I'm gonna go out a limb here and say they only won the cup because of Vancouver's collapse. The nucks had the talent that they should of won it that year. I think the bruins are better this year and will finish higher in the regular season. They have been kind of like the kings in the way that they are tough rigorous team that thrives in the playoffs, but usually doesnt finish in a very high seed or win their division
Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?
Quote by guitarxo
Sharks cuz it goes with that drunk thread you made.

I don't think I will actually be able to watch any games this season because the internet in my new flat reeeeaally sucks

sharks suck bro, their star players are 30+ which is like 60 in hockey years. how did you end up being a fan of them? I actually know quite a few people who are and it just seems like a really random team to pick
Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?
Quote by Wiegenlied
sharks suck bro, their star players are 30+ which is like 60 in hockey years. how did you end up being a fan of them? I actually know quite a few people who are and it just seems like a really random team to pick

Does Logan Couture have Progeria?

Boyle, Marleau and Jumbo definitely have some tread on the tires but the Sharks have some good younger talents with Burns, Couture, Hertl, Braun, Niemi

It's not all doom and gloom

Also with your being a Wings fan is there some hilariously ironic joke I'm missing about aging stars here?
I used to be a goddamn saint. I said my prayers and handled snakes until the road introduced me to sin. I only shook hands with drink but he had friends with him
Quote by MinterMan22
oh and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7f7cpoJz_s

<3 can't wait for the retro night/dodger stadium game so i can see those on the ice again

Chills everytime.

OFF THE FLOOR, ON THE BOOOAARD
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
habs vs Leafs tonight hell ****ing yeaaa
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Quote by CaptainRon
Malkin and Neal have to start playing something resembling hockey, because I'm not really sure what it is they play.

I know you haven't seen it in a couple years, but they score goals. Exciting, I know.

The pens will be fine, and finish 1 or 2 in the division. Playoffs...who knows

But hey, maybe Kessel can buy himself a center with actual hand-eye coordination and stuff like that when he signs his new deal
DOESN'T REALLY CARE ABOUT RON WILSON
So what do you guys think of Ovy's potential this year? I have so many caps fans as friends he's all I ever ****ing hear about during hockey season. I personally think he needs to get out of DC if he ever wants to win, but I'd like some other opinions
Ovi will have 4-5 just god-awful defensive plays just to make Don Cherry cry himself to sleep at night, but other than that he'll be okay. I don't think he'll win the Hart again or anything, longer season means more time for cold streaks, which he always has plenty of. Probably the most up-and-down player in the league (aside from Jeff Carter with Scott Hartnell's wife huehuehuehuehue).

But overall I'd say a solid year coming from Ovi

Edit: Oh, to answer what you're looking for I don't think he'll win one in DC either. I think he needs to go to an already good team and become a compliment to another elite player.
Last edited by Rockford_rocks at Oct 1, 2013,
i think that ovi will score some goals, but some nights he wont score some goals. this will cause some people to say he is doing bad and some people will say he is doing well. just my opinion though.
Quote by Wiegenlied

yeah they have a bit of a disadvantage there but I wouldn't go so far as to say they suck lol, there's a couple of promising younger players. I got into hockey cuz of them, I'd watch their games on TV when I was little (they were the nearest team to where I used to live) and I didn't really know what was going on but it was fun. Ironically, now that I live 9000 miles from SJ it's way easier to watch than it was back then
cat
i think that the sharks will win some games, but some nights they wont win some games. this will cause some people to say they are doing bad and some people will say they are doing well. just my opinion though.
i think that unourrit01 will make some posts, but some days he wont make some posts. this will cause some people to say he is doing bad and some people will say he is doing well. just my opinion though.
Aight bitches...

METROPOLOLOLITAN
Penguins (San Jose East)
Devils (JAGRBOMBS and SCHNEIDERING)
Rangers (Lundqvist SWOON)
Columbus (Gaborik'd)
Washington (One Simply Does Not Shoot Into Goalie Nets)
Carolina (Where's Wardo?)
Islanders (#Nabokov)
Flyers (LOL WHAT'S A DEFENSE)

FLORTHEASTERN
Bruins (legit)
Detroit (IKEA)
Ottawa (makes Sens)
Montreal (It's not the size, it's the...)
Tampa Bay (YOU DROUIN'D IT)
Toronto (#CORSI #FENWICKCLOSE)
BuffaLOL
Florida (aka the construction site)

Columbus and Montreal get wild cards.

SPECIFIC
Los Angeles (Quick, is this an Olympic year?)
San Jose (Pittsburgh West)
Vancouver (LUUUUUU)
Phoenix (When you awake, you will play far beyond your capabilities for 82 games or more)
Edmonton (Hall carries all)
Anaheim (#PDO)
Calgary (#lotterybound)

CENTRAL
Chicago
St Louis
Minnesota (**** you Parise)
Nashville (what's offense?)
Dallas (Oh say does that STARS)
Winnipeg (YOU'RE STILL THRASHERS)
Colorado (Battle Roy-al)

Phoenix and Edmonton get wild cards.

HART
Crosby (sucks)

Art Ross
Crosby (sucks)

Vezina
SCHNEIDER

Rocket
Stamkos (top shelf)

Norris
Suter (booooo)

Calder
I dunno, Barkov?

Selke
Patrivel Datsyukergeron maybe someone who always wins it.

Jack Adams
Dallas Eakins probably.
Henrique > Kovalchuk > Parise
i guess we just found out who makes all those shitty puns for nhl.com

edit: best ninjapost ever

mika zibanejad sent down to the AHL, typical swedish bust
Without a good harmonic knowledge, one cannot expect to become a great jazz soloist ~ Horace Silver

Quote by dietermoreno
Is it possible for 6 string guitar to tune lower than drop C and scales still work?
HALLELUJAH KESSEL!

im so ****ing stoked to have him for another 8 years! 8x8 is about as fair as it gets
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Quote by marc137
mika zibanejad sent down to the AHL, typical swedish bust

Really a terrible situation. Melnyk being a cheapo and tells Murray to be content with a 22-man roster because they've got an internal cap.
Apparently my college accepts twelve year-olds, I just walked past a guy who was offered free tickets to an MSU hockey game and turned them down saying "hockey is gay" and walking away

Holy shit it should not have rustled my jimmies so much but damn was I pissed for a while
Quote by Reviewer Pete
Really a terrible situation. Melnyk being a cheapo and tells Murray to be content with a 22-man roster because they've got an internal cap.

Melynk has to go, no way the team is losing money. He's in debt because of his other businesses are losing crazy money and he takes it all out on the sens.

Melynk plz go
Without a good harmonic knowledge, one cannot expect to become a great jazz soloist ~ Horace Silver

Quote by dietermoreno
Is it possible for 6 string guitar to tune lower than drop C and scales still work?
Anyone want to trade me a goalie in the fantasy league

Like an actually good one? I have Miller and Fasth

I'll give up pretty much anyone but Henrik and Taylor Hall
I've got Niemi. Trade me a centre + Miller for Niemi + something
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

Alright, would Patty Marleau be adequate?

Edit:

Marleau + Miller for Niemi + Huberdeau? You upgrade at center and I upgrade at goalie
Sabres to have Vanek as captain for home games, Ott for away games

just why
Quote by Ichikurosaki
go bulls. i mean bawks. i mean queens
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
Sundin: oh imagine if he had wingers
Kessel: oh imagine if he had a center

lolz
Quote by Rockford_rocks
Alright, would Patty Marleau be adequate?

Edit:

Marleau + Miller for Niemi + Huberdeau? You upgrade at center and I upgrade at goalie

id rather have huberdeau than marleau. i think he outscores him this year
Quote by yellowfrizbee
Bitches be Crazy.

Hi.

So I got back from a trip to Vancouver a week ago, got a Canucks cap there and since then I've slowly been getting into hockey. I really don't know much about hockey yet, had to look up what a power play is after hearing the commentators say it so often. I'm not sure what to expect from each team so I had a look at some power rankings to get a rough idea of who's playing better and less good right now.

So yeah I wanna watch some matches! Is gamecentre the only option for europeans?
You can watch live streams online as well. Someone post that list that usually appears the start of every reg. season thread of all the streaming websites.
Quote by Captain Panda
Hi.

So I got back from a trip to Vancouver a week ago, got a Canucks cap there and since then I've slowly been getting into hockey. I really don't know much about hockey yet, had to look up what a power play is after hearing the commentators say it so often. I'm not sure what to expect from each team so I had a look at some power rankings to get a rough idea of who's playing better and less good right now.

So yeah I wanna watch some matches! Is gamecentre the only option for europeans?

Gamecenter works really well for me, I get it via a Swedish service called Viaplay.

Pick a team and stick with them, you'll get into it.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
Quote by TDS
I know you haven't seen it in a couple years, but they score goals. Exciting, I know.

The pens will be fine, and finish 1 or 2 in the division. Playoffs...who knows

But hey, maybe Kessel can buy himself a center with actual hand-eye coordination and stuff like that when he signs his new deal

The Flames scored plenty of goals last year. They just couldn't stop them. Kind of like how the trifecta of turnover that you there in Pittsburgh can't stop turning pucks over. Oh they score. That's great. They're still just as much of a negative as they are a positive.

Not sure what the Kessel comment has to do with my post.
Quote by Acϵ♠
id rather have huberdeau than marleau. i think he outscores him this year

Fair enough.

How about Nick Leddy?