Tampa Bay
Buffalo
Winnipeg
Carolina
Phoenix
Colorado
Calgary
Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?
I traded Niemi last year to Thrash for Halak and some other stuff. Halak ended up getting injured and Niemi had a vezina nomination season
Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?
was it just me or was this the shortest offseason ever?

Quote by Rockford_rocks
Fair enough.

How about Nick Leddy?

idk marleau's not really doin it for me
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Quote by Acϵ♠
idk marleau's not really doin it for me

Well that's all I really got for centers other than Henrik. Sorry then

Anyone else? I need a goalie bad
Quote by CaptainRon
The Flames scored plenty of goals last year. They just couldn't stop them. Kind of like how the trifecta of turnover that you there in Pittsburgh can't stop turning pucks over. Oh they score. That's great. They're still just as much of a negative as they are a positive.

Past 2 years

Quote by CaptainRon
Not sure what the Kessel comment has to do with my post.

it wasn't related at all
DOESN'T REALLY CARE ABOUT RON WILSON
Player has puck in offensive zone. Player loses puck in offensive zone. Other team carries it down to defensive zone and the puck is frozen by the goalie. New line comes on to take the defensive zone faceoff, goal is scored.

What stat accounts for such scenarios?

http://stats.hockeyanalysis.com/2013playoffs/showplayoffgame.php?game=2012-13_r3s1

Oh look Malkin and Neal have 2x as many offensive zone starts as defensive zone starts. I wonder if that impacts there GF/GA stats? Oh probably not.

Edit: Oh wait those GF/GA aren't even playoff stats. We're not discussing their regular season performance.

Edit2: Oh jeez Malkin and Letang are just so great

http://www.nhl.com/ice/playerstats.htm?fetchKey=20133PITSASALL&sort=giveaways&viewName=rtssPlayerStats

Oh look Letang does nothing but give the puck away. And he's a dman? He should probably keep playing rover. Clearly it's beneficial to his team. I'll keep watching him make bad pinches and cost his team goals. It's usually either that or he actually makes a tape to tape pass to a player on the other team.

Malkin is 47% on the faceoff dot with 70 offensive zone starts at 44 defensive zone starts through three rounds. That must be doing his team wonders.

http://stats.hockeyanalysis.com/2013playoffs/showplayoffgame.php?game=2012-13_r3s1
http://stats.hockeyanalysis.com/2013playoffs/showplayoffgame.php?game=2012-13_r2s1
http://stats.hockeyanalysis.com/2013playoffs/showplayoffgame.php?game=2012-13_r1s1

I hate that you had to devolve this into an argument of statistics as if any of them really have much merit. Would it be more clear to you if I make a nice highlight reel of Letang-Malkin-Neal turnovers the next time they get embarrassed in the playoffs?
Last edited by CaptainRon at Oct 1, 2013,
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Quote by CaptainRon
Player has puck in offensive zone. Player loses puck in offensive zone. Other team carries it down to defensive zone and the puck is frozen by the goalie. New line comes on to take the defensive zone faceoff, goal is scored.

What stat accounts for such scenarios?

Oh look Malkin and Neal have 2x as many offensive zone starts as defensive zone starts. I wonder if that impacts there GF/GA stats? Oh probably not.

Well, GF/GA are actual terrible stats for that exact reason, I used them because I figured they'd be easier for you to grasp. In the last 2 years 5v5 (Only including players with 1500+ minutes played over that period):

Malkin is 13th overall in Corsi%, and Neal is 18th.

Malkin is 8th overall in Corsi For %, and Neal is 9th.

Malkin is 31st out of 137 in Corsi Against %, and Neal is 37th (link)

Malkin and Neal aren't shut down forwards, and they are used extensively in the offensive zone because they can score goals more there, but they aren't "just as much of a negative as they are a positive". They actually dominate play and keep it in the offensive zone.

Tangentially, looking at that table, jesus is Bozal awful. Poor Kessel

edit: using statistics from a small sample size (such as one playoff series or playoff year) is patently ridiculous. you can't be serious. also, I think Malkin has a trophy or two that speak to his ability in the playoffs.
Last edited by TDS at Oct 1, 2013,
this is weird. no lockout first?

SHED you guys should use zone-start adjusted numbers or Ronald the Leader is just gonna keep bitching about usage

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Last edited by SteveHouse at Oct 1, 2013,
Quote by Godsmack_IV
Have zone-adjusted stats ever been shown to be a good predictor of anything?

one method of doing it explained

I've always kinda found the traditional "cut off the first ten seconds of the shift" zone start to be pretty arbitrary myself, may as well just use zone entries at that point instead

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

So I guess my local tv schedule doesn't want me to watch the Canadiens-Leafs game. Kind of frustrating.
Bruins 2014-2015: 24-16-6
don't worry they've started the pregame so you have like an hour to find a stream before puck drops

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

Let's hope this season opener is better than last years which was one of the worst games I have ever seen.

so excited
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
I have a goal in life to see a game in every city, Montreal is the first place that I want to go to by far.
Got one. Hooray! Now I get to watch two teas I don't like stand in the middle of the ice for forty five minutes.
Quote by sharpshootr55
I have a goal in life to see a game in every city, Montreal is the first place that I want to go to by far.

Playoff game at Bell Centre is my dream

and dem Briere and Parros cheers
Quote by Ichikurosaki
Markov tears his ACL passing the torch
out indefinitely

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

I'd love to see a game at the Bell Centre, my uncle said the game he saw in the old Forum was one of the coolest t hings he'd ever experienced.
Obviously, not quite the same, but still.
I'm surprised Markov's knee didn't blow out skating to the torch.

Dammit Steve!
Last edited by sharpshootr55 at Oct 1, 2013,
Markov has always been my favourite Hab growing up (after Saku of course)

His vision and passing is just ridicilous. dat PP quarterbacking
Quote by Ichikurosaki
Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
Markov looks like a meth dealer

Someone on the Habs board once shooped him as a Russian General sitting on a mountain of cocaine, best thing I've seen
Quote by Ichikurosaki
Quote by SteveHouse
one method of doing it explained

I've always kinda found the traditional "cut off the first ten seconds of the shift" zone start to be pretty arbitrary myself, may as well just use zone entries at that point instead

The thing is that stats like Fenwick Close have a decent correlation with how many points a team will win over the course of a season. These individual stats haven't really been tied to anything really substantial.

omg its starting
Quote by SteveHouse
what about this guy

Quote by Ichikurosaki
So what are the odds of a "Thank You Seguin" chant when Loui Eriksson score his first goal for the Bruins?
Parros will just catch Kessel's stick with his mustache.
loll

dion phaneuf
da daaa da daa daaaa
dion phaneuf
da da da daaa

Last edited by MinterMan22 at Oct 1, 2013,
thanks Dion

beauty
Quote by Ichikurosaki
franson and gardiner look like dogshit

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

Quote by Ichikurosaki