thought it was a bit weird that the rhythm guitar in the beginning didn't get its own track without the volume pedal.

the fifth harmonization works well with the two-note pattern lead, and i like that the bassline moves around more while the lead repeats over it.

riff at 2:20 is okay. the melodic section right after it is nice. still don't like that 2:20 riff when it comes around the second time, the slightly out-of-tune bend on the 2nd is annoying me. the synth is great though.

the kick and snare sound a bit clicky/hot to me, it clashes a little bit with the calmer parts.

the ending is layered really nicely, you're good with using all these different textures. i like how the bass moves to the higher register.

it sounds like some kind of post-metal, it's relaxing and meditative at times. pretty enjoyable!

when you find time:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1618411
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Intro is strong, sounds like the beginning of an album. Clean riff is cool, drums add intensity, but need to be quantized. After the distorted riff came in, it should have been driven for longer. The switch back to clean was awkward and seemed random. Riff at 2:20 was cool. Harmony guitars are catchy, I like them a lot. Drums could have been more driving and less complicated and it would have served the section better. The groove element of the next section is cool, and the drums are really cool there. The synth strings that came in after are really cool. The transition from the guitar melody to the really soft synth-strings could have been smoother, if A) there were vocals to keep consistent or B) the guitars got less busy a little before the transition. The bass during the string part was really cool at first, but it got muddy when it came to chords. The outro seemed a bit random and the section sounded more like it was building towards another part of the song rather than moving towards an ending. That's what I got from one listen of it. Really cool songs though with a bunch of killer parts. I really dug that recurring guitar harmony section, it was really catchy and interesting, and would be even better with more simplified drums(it would allow the cool melody to shine through more). Good stuff man, keep it up!
vIsIbleNoIsE: Left you a C4C! Cheers, thanks man.
Dio10101: thanks dude, if you want me to crit a song, post it up!
TheProgWay,
Thank you for the reviews! Now your tune: before I noticed the volume pedal, I thought you were using a E-bow for a few seconds. I like the intro & the clean guitars. Usually the drums sound good to me (I have Superior Drummer myself, but have never gotten every single cymbal to work), sometimes the timing sounds odd between the drums & guitar. Most of the guitar playing sounds tight though. The strings are nice. What the heck, 2 kick drums? I have never had that before. How did you get that? Is that an expansion pack? What state or country are you from? I like most of the distorted guitar/riffs. Does Omnisphere ever go on sale? I like it a lot, but it ain't cheap. Rock on!
Hey man this was really awesome! I loved how u started the song! Volume swells are a very under utilized technique that i think sound amazing. Overall, the composition on this was very very solid. as visiblenoise said, I didnt really dig the 2:20 riff, but past that, i liked everything about the song. Great job man!
Cool intro with just bass and guitar. I also like how it goes from distortion to drums, at 2:08 that was also interesting with the phaser effect. Really cool with the harmonics with the three guitars, shows good timing. When you added synth sounds with the violins, that gave the song melodic feel. that was a cool idea. Great job on the video edits too.

Heres my track, its still needs finishing, but heres what i have so far https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1617708

-MT
Thanks for the crit! I thought the guitar in the beginning sounded like it was placed weird in the mix. I really like the rest of the song! Really moody and professional sounding. My only other complaint would be that the drums sounds really out of place and generally a bit out of timing/tempo - at least for the first part of the song. Good job nonetheless
Quote by aaron aardvark
TheProgWay,
Thank you for the reviews! Now your tune: before I noticed the volume pedal, I thought you were using a E-bow for a few seconds. I like the intro & the clean guitars. Usually the drums sound good to me (I have Superior Drummer myself, but have never gotten every single cymbal to work), sometimes the timing sounds odd between the drums & guitar. Most of the guitar playing sounds tight though. The strings are nice. What the heck, 2 kick drums? I have never had that before. How did you get that? Is that an expansion pack? What state or country are you from? I like most of the distorted guitar/riffs. Does Omnisphere ever go on sale? I like it a lot, but it ain't cheap. Rock on!

I know about the timing lol, i'm not a great on nailing timing.. somehow only happens when recording. Can't record on time (too much stress? haha)
2 kick drums I believe is part of Metal foundry in SD.
I'm from Calgary, Canada. Omnisphere is not cheap at all, but luckily I got it from someone!
A nice atmospheric touch at the beginning. I think some of the volume swells towards the end of it could have been a bit more delicate. I found the hits with the open string and drums to be a bit odd, just my opinion as I wasn't expecting something like that. I think the drumming and guitar isn't quite locked in? Did you play with a click track? I enjoyed the clean riff harmonies. The groove that comes in after the clean section is cool. At the 1:35 mark and I'm thinking the song doesn't have a consistent flow, seems to go back and forth a lot for me. I like the riff that comes in at 2:15, however I still think it could be tighter. The next riff is good too, awesome guitar harmonies. The tone isn't bad, I think maybe it could do with a little less gain and more mids. Awesome lead lines at the 3 minute mark, cool and dissonant. Again at 3:22, I like the strings used. The lead line that is repeated after 3:30 is really nicely developed. I like the strings and bass melody that come in around 4:10. It's good to see a bit of momentum going at that point. The outro is good.

Overall it's not a bad song, I would've liked to hear a bit more momentum at the start but at the end it makes up for it. Would've liked it to be a bit tighter but overall not bad Keep it up!
Really cool man. Dig the intro. Is that an e-bow being used? (I couldn't see your hands). During the beginning the drums seem to be a bit off, especially during the clean parts. The riff at 2:20 is sick. String effect is pretty cool. Overall pretty good.
Bocob: Thanks man, appreciate it. I agree with everything you said. I'm by no means a tight player (working on it!) nor a fantastic composer... yet! :P. I hope to get better and obviously appreciate all of the suggestions and advice. Thanks a lot!

BoredHippie: Thanks a lot dude. It's not an e-bow (didn't know what that was, just googled it lol). I'm used an Ernie Ball VP Junior volume pedal. If you want anythign critiqued, hit me up!
Really digging the atmospheric quality of the intro. Builds up into the more metal sounding riff but the transition back into the intro part was a little jarring (around 1:30 i believe). You do a good job of getting the bass pumping with the kick drum. Personally, I'd probably turn the kick down a little bit to hear a little more of the bass, but I dont have much of a background in metal so that may be something you already worked to your preference. In that same vein, I'd say the snare could stand to be 1-2 db louder. These synths at the end are sounding really nice, rounds out the journey the song takes me on. I appreciate the way you put this video together too. It's cool to be able to see everything going on.

Thanks for giving me a critique on my song as well
James_Het_Rules: Thanks man, left you a C4C!
jmako: No problem! Thanks for your review!
Intro is pretty cool, I like how everything swells in, not just the guitar but the drums too. The guitar around 0:40 is really nice, good sound. The drums in that part are off though. The riff around 1:23 is really cool and I like how you went straight back to the atmospheric part, I always like sudden changes. The part around 2:20 needs more lower ground, it's not as heavy as you probably meant it to be. The part after that around 3:05 is cool, really smooth. Maybe you could try making the drums sound a bit more natural, for example by making every hit different in volume. The part around 4:00 with the smooth bass is great too, very atmospheric. Overall it's very varied, great song! And thanks for your comment.
Nice intro, great tones and melody. I like how there's a sustained note when you transition at 0:30. Timing on the bass drum sounds a bit off at 0:50. I like the guitar part and the droning tension it builds.

Great buildup at 1:20, works really well. 2:15 came as a complete surprise, but it's great. Nice riff at 3:05 and props on the drums, seems like you really put in the time to program them nicely. The strings that come in sound great as well.

Overall this is really well written and produced, I liked it a lot