Hi there!
I'm a new member on UG!

I need some help and guideance with my guitar playing.
I'm not a beginner I've been playing on and off for a few years but I'm one of those that just know beginings of songs and not complete songs and that has just gone worse to me just picking up the guitarr and start playing something. It usually sounds good and I get cred for it from people I live with and friends visiting and all but I want to learn to play for real, I want to understand what I do and learn how to play proper music.
I know there are tons of information out there and a lot of it about this on this website but I just dont know where to start. My goal is to learn to sing and play my own music. And I want to do i well!

The thing that bugs me the most now is if I should start learn scales, more chords, practice rythems, picking patterns and stuff in DADF#AD (can I use guides for DADGAD and just move my finger when used on the F# up/down? since there are not so much info about DADF#AD as for DADGAD) since I enjoy that sound more than regular tuning. Or is it esier to learn and practice my motor skills for fingermoving, rythems etc in regular tuning and then go over to DADGAD/DADF#AD when I've learnd to write my own music "the right way" and understad how songs and chords are "built"?

It feels like I can do more in regular tuning than in an Open D tuning since I'm not locked to the D chord but that might just be my lack of knowlage.I do however enjoy playing more in a Open D tuning but I feels stupid somehow to learn and Alternate tuning well before the regular.

To sum up things I just dont know where I should put my focus and motivation to learn music. And I'd like to get your help and tips with this, tell me what you think is the best way for me to find my way and home with the guitar. Of course it's stupid to learn regular tuning if I'm going to spend my time in an open D but I dont know what I might need. I just want to be albe to put out the music in my head out from the guitar and I might need both regular and alternate tunings. For now I need to learn how to understand music!

Thanks in Advance!