Budget: probably about $300
Preferences: I'd prefer a tonepros bridge (not having any luck finding ones in this price range) and if not that specific one, something similar. I have a difficult time playing on lower bridges like on a Fender strat.

I have a set of GFS SSH pickups I could throw in the guitar. Best neck I've felt is my Schecter hellraiser so anything similar is good.

EDIT: Also prefer Strat style but at this point anything will do.

Any suggestions are welcome.
Last edited by nolifeXD at Sep 30, 2013,
Well for $300 you wont really find much that will suit your needs, there will definitely need to be some compromises or you go acoustic! In the S-type style you could probably find an Ibanez RG series that fits your selection; however it probably won't feel as great as the Schecter. After that you start straying from the S-Type guitars into pretty much Les Paul stuff. Maybe checking out CL or Pawn Shops for a sweet deal.
2011 Gibson Honeyburst LP Trad. w/ SD Whole Lotta Humbuckers
2014 Gibson Ocean Water Standard Plus
Marshall Haze 15W Head/Cab
Hughes & Kettner Tubemeister 5
Omen 6? It will play virtually identical to your Hellraiser, but IMO the Omen neck is a little faster and less sticky than the thick lacquer on the Hellraisers. Used ones can be found for less than $200 all day long, and brand new they're $300. The Omen line got some nice finish and inlay upgrades for this year, I think. If you want single coils, though, you'd have to invest in some coil tap pickups for it.
just bring the hellraiser. Unless there are some seriously skeevy people in your room, don't worry about it.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
just bring the hellraiser. Unless there are some seriously skeevy people in your room, don't worry about it.

+1
It's not like the Schecter is a super expensive guitar. Use the money to but a decent set of headphones and something like a POD
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Agreed with all of the above: most thieves victimizing college students are looking for small stuff they can grab quickly and conceal. Most instruments are too big. I used to hang out with a bunch of music majors in college- nobody lost a thing. IME, instruments are far more likely to be stolen from a gig (loading or unloading) or from storage.

And personally, I'm a huge fan of portable digital modelers & headphnes for practice, especially when rooming with someone. My best buddy & roomie in college played his bass through a Rockman. When I went electric, I got a Korg Pandora Px4. I now have another one of those, a Px5 and a Tascam GT-R1.

Besides those or the aforementioned POD, also look at the one from Boss.

But if you must get a guitar for your own peace of mins, check out: http://www.fernandesguitarshop.com/x-series/29-dragonfly-x.html
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!