Page 1 of 2
im in a fast track course for english and my class is full of people that are genuinely not that dumb, some of them actually being pretty mature, down to earth and intelligent.
it's really awful, usually you can just assume everyone is kind of dumb and kind of disregard them but not there mang, its scary

so idk, discuss
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Quote by Philip_pepper
They're dumb. Believe me. 90% of people aren't that smart.

I don't think you understand how IQ works
Breakfast, Breakfast, it's great for us
We eat, we eat, we eat
That frozen meat
Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy, it can't be beat
Quote by Philip_pepper

the people in this class actually seem pretty intelligent.
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Yeah it's weird when you can have a serious non-idiotic conversation with most kids around you lol
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
Quote by Burgery
the people in this class actually seem pretty intelligent.

Why? What have they done or said to make you believe this?
i went to a mediocre high school and studied computer science in college so i dunno what you're talking about
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
I really need to get used to this. Spent too much time in crappy dive bars and jobs that are beneath me lately. I'm not going to make my way to the upper crust like this!
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by captainsnazz
"Every single phil pepper thread ever has consisted solely of total bollocks."

Hmmm...they might just have bad taste.
Quote by Philip_pepper

No, they're really intelligent.
Your threads suck, coming from me.
Quote by Philip_pepper

No
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Quote by Philip_pepper
Why? What have they done or said to make you believe this?

it's an english class so we're made to read texts and books and discuss in groups and shit and then write papers with our conclusions and all that awful stuff
Quote by korinaflyingv
I went from a unexceptional secondary school where I was top of the year in maths and science to a sixth-form college where the majority were heading to oxbridge, while the rest to whichever uni ranked highest for their subject. Plus there were a few mensa members around.

It was weird not being the smartest around for once. Despite that, outside of lessons, people still acted and talked like idiots but I guess that's a part of being young.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Quote by Burgery
it's an english class so we're made to read texts and books and discuss in groups and shit and then write papers with our conclusions and all that awful stuff

So...people have to bullshit? That's not intelligence. It's bullshitting.

Quote by Spaztikko
No, they're really intelligent.
Your threads suck, coming from me.

Hmmm. I bet you're not in Mensa.
Last edited by Philip_pepper at Sep 30, 2013,
Quote by Philip_pepper
So...people have to bullshit? That's not intelligence. It's bullshitting.

they just dont act like idiots or say stupid shit, they act normal and say things that dont make me want to drown things

is it so hard to believe that somewhere out there there exists a group of people with their heads screwed on right? open your mind bro
Quote by korinaflyingv
Quote by Burgery
they just dont act like idiots or say stupid shit, they act normal and say things that dont make me want to drown things

is it so hard to believe that somewhere out there there exists a group of people with their heads screwed on right? open your mind bro

Just give it some time.
Quote by Burgery

somewhere out there there exists a group of people with their heads screwed on right

This was sophomore year for me. Joined Academic Team, took a bunch of AP classes, made friends with people with common interests besides video games.

Left all those plebeians who take standard classes in my patrician dust.
Quote by ChucklesMginty
Mensa isn't that hard to get into.

Well I mean I couldn't do it, but I admittedly have terrible logic skills.

I remember trying some kind of sample test back in college and I came just short of the required IQ and my mensa mate was like 'save your money man, the real test is harder'
O.K.

~ Bill Watterson

O__o
How do you define "act smart". I had this classmate that got the top score of our stupid unnecessary college IQ test and he's pretty ****ing normal to me. Do you mean nerds?
Quote by Dave Mustaine
If you want to be treated intelligently, act intelligent.

That must be heaven. Most of my classes (AP/college level or Honors) have at least a 10% annoying, immature, idiotic rate. Now, AP and Honors classes aren't a reflection of any kind of intelligence superior to basic level classes, its only how hard you work in those classes that count. But even when it's expected that mature, semi-smart, somewhat talented students are to be taking these classes, still the system has failed in the regard of weeding out the idiots and immature kids that just don't belong there.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Quote by theguitarist
I remember trying some kind of sample test back in college and I came just short of the required IQ and my mensa mate was like 'save your money man, the real test is harder'

The real test is really 2 tests and take about 3 hours.
Well, rather, you get 3 hours to complete them.
Quote by k.lainad
That must be heaven.

it's awful
Quote by korinaflyingv
Quote by CodeMonk
The real test is really 2 tests and take about 3 hours.
Well, rather, you get 3 hours to complete them.

yay, I guess my memory sucks as well as being stuck with a measly ~90th percentile IQ.

I just found out you can submit any IQ test result instead of doing a mensa test, as long as it's certified by someone mensa trust.

what do you get out of being a member? I only remember my friend saying he got a magazine subscription and the bragging rights.
O.K.

~ Bill Watterson

O__o
But like, who really cares how smart people are. That's on the lower end of the important character traits that I value in other people
My God, it's full of stars!
Are there no dumb people at all? That would be a miracle. I'm taking senior level Mathematics undergraduate courses and we still have one really dumb guy. But its mostly just the one, everyone else is intelligent. I hate that one guy though. No idea how he's gotten into this class because every time he opens his mouth its clear he has no idea whats going on, and he never turns work in.
Quote by Trowzaa
what specs is your pc? like how much ram?

Quote by Hydra150
[IMG]http://images.fineartamerica.com/images-medium-large-5/three-rams-steve-mckinzie.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by eGraham
3 ram, nice

Quote by Danjo's Guitar
Are there no dumb people at all? That would be a miracle. I'm taking senior level Mathematics undergraduate courses and we still have one really dumb guy. But its mostly just the one, everyone else is intelligent. I hate that one guy though. No idea how he's gotten into this class because every time he opens his mouth its clear he has no idea whats going on, and he never turns work in.

There's this one girl on my course...

...she looked at a picture of Lord Kitchener, and asked if that was Hitler.

I said "No...?!"

She said "Oh. I thought he was because he has a moustache."

Me: "...wut."

Her: "I got an A in History."

Yeah...
Quote by Philip_pepper

Her: "I got an A in History."

Yeah...

just because you take history and get an A doesn't mean you know all of history, you probably just know the limited area that was covered. It doesn't even mean you remember anything, because passing a test and retaining the knowledge long term are two different things.

gawd phil, why am I telling you obvious?! making me despair here, stop being slow.
O.K.

~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Lol, I imagine history would be tough if you let every mustached white man run together.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
You guys, pretty sure he isn't referring to knowing a lot of facts or having high IQ. The intelligence I care about at least is being able to think about stuff fairly and rationally and being able to have a decent discussion about it.
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
All people with mustaches are Hitler now? I would understand if it was at least a similar style of mustache, but its not at all.
Quote by Trowzaa
what specs is your pc? like how much ram?

Quote by Hydra150
[IMG]http://images.fineartamerica.com/images-medium-large-5/three-rams-steve-mckinzie.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by eGraham
3 ram, nice

moustache without a beard, come on what is this, 2011? might as well be hitler for the fashion faux pas you're committing.

oh and totally agree bob. would take someone I can have a reasonable discussion with any day over a person who is intelligent on paper but irrational in speech or a person who constantly displays their knowledge in an overly pretentious or dull way.
O.K.

~ Bill Watterson

O__o
The man with the highest IQ in the world is a random uneducated farmer in the south USA iirc. Upon discovering he had such a high IQ, he decided to come up with his own nut job explanation for the existence of the universe. IQ is only one type of intelligence, and a high one typically comes at the expense of other equally (if not more) important forms of intelligence.
Spare a Cow
Eat a Vegan
Quote by Philip_pepper

Can't blame them. Humanity's collective intelligence is heavily weighed down by you.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Most of the people I know at uni are fairly intelligent with a few notable exceptions.

However, I don't know anyone who thinks I'm intelligent :/ just because I like makeup and I said something ONCE about wanting to buy a private island and go to the beach every day for the rest of my life (which does not preclude intelligence in any way)

So now I feel like I have to prove myself or something even though I really don't need to lol.
cat
Quote by theguitarist
just because you take history and get an A doesn't mean you know all of history, you probably just know the limited area that was covered. It doesn't even mean you remember anything, because passing a test and retaining the knowledge long term are two different things.

gawd phil, why am I telling you obvious?! making me despair here, stop being slow.

Adolf. Fuckin' Hitler. Dude. Come on.

Quote by Xiaoxi
Can't blame them. Humanity's collective intelligence is heavily weighed down by you.

You've got it backwards.
Last edited by Philip_pepper at Oct 1, 2013,
Page 1 of 2