So I got a guitar today.

Photos don't do it justice, I think this is my favorite Telecaster color and finish. Tuxedo Black with cream binding. It looks much better in person than in the photos.

As for sounds, it sounds like a telecaster. The pots are a little scratchy, no doubt on account of general wear and age. The pickup selector and jack work brilliantly though, and the neck is beautiful. The shape is perfect, it's thin enough to feel good in my hand, but rounded enough for nice chord work.

Bridge pickup has so much treble/twang, it's a little pit of a pain, honestly. I can't see it working for rock unless I roll off the volume and tone knobs a bit. The pickups are great though, middle and neck positions absolutely kill that distorted rock/blues tone. Probably could dial in some metal if you wanted, although the noise gets a bit bad.

I'm running this through my little orange 12-watt, with a Joyo Vintage OD. I'll be testing it out on a vintage '66 Vibrochamp soon, though, so we'll see how it sounds with a proper amp.

Not much to say about this guitar. It's dead sexy, the neck is the most comfortable I think I own, and it sounds killer. Only complaint, the neck and fretboard are a bit glossy, so the neck just isn't a "shredder" neck. No big deal though, since it's super comfy.

Oh, and the strap is my little personal touch.

Paid $375. It's a Fernandes TE-2. I think I found my workhorse guitar.

Stay tuned, I'm getting a replica '56 Tokai strat later this week. We'll see how it stacks up.
HNGD! I've always liked the shape of the telecaster... if only they came in HSS configuration with a vintage trem....

but anyway, it looks great!
I'm so happy. I get to eat a muffin.
Quote by space aids
You are so happy to eat a muffin it's kinda scary.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Goes around tryina light dudes on fire.
Quote by MakinLattes
Too much Sublime.

I tell a lie, there is no such thing.
Quote by Robbin'TheHood
HNGD! I've always liked the shape of the telecaster... if only they came in HSS configuration with a vintage trem....

No kidding, I think I've seen something along those lines...

Edit: I was probably thinking of the Tradition JRP, which is actually SSH.
http://www.traditionguitars.com/Guitars-for-Sale.html
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Sep 30, 2013,
Anyway, HNGD!

I like your new Killer Penguin...no wait...RACING Penguin! I bet it will do some fierce psychobilly with the right pedals. Maybe some Smiths or Jesus & Mary Chain.

Wait...

The Cramps! Or X!
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Sep 30, 2013,
Quote by JustRooster
Too classy for school.

The Fernandes TE-2: Penguin Approved.

Quote by dannyalcatraz
No kidding, I think I've seen something along those lines...

Edit: I was probably thinking of the Tradition JRP, which is actually SSH.
http://www.traditionguitars.com/Guitars-for-Sale.html

Or this: http://www.fret-king.com/cssemitonedlxblklbl.html

I did some research and it sounds like the TE-2 in this color with that headstock is a post-'98 model. MIJ of course.

There have been a lot of MIJ teles (Tokai, Fernandes) on Ebay in affordable price ranges lately. Even some japanese sellers listing guitars on Ebay for an international audience.

Every time I see this guitar, I want to pick it up and play, haha. I see why this basic guitar design hasn't changed for 60 years.

Quote by Robbin'TheHood

but anyway, it looks great!

Carvin? I bet you could get a custom order made.
Yeah...why mess with success?

excellent
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I got my Tokai '56 strat copy, but I haven't had time to put up a NGD with this being the first week of classes. I'll stick something up over the weekend.

This tele is still a sweet guitar. I have to say, I am very impressed with Fernandes as a company. The pickups seem stock, but I have no desire to change them.
Fernandes tends to use good pickups, though sometimes you have to do a little investigating to find out what kind you actually have in your guitar!