Page 1 of 7
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/01/government-shuts-down_n_4020219.html
http://nbcpolitics.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/09/30/20758038-shutdown-begins-as-congress-remains-deadlocked?lite

Well it's all but assured now. For the first time since the Clinton presidency the US is officially in the middle of a government shutdown

Here's to sum up what's happening in congress right now:

Last edited by WaterGod at Oct 1, 2013,
PAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Well it's nice they're taking a holiday
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Bring Bill Clinton back.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
Things are 'bout to get ROOOOWWWWDYYYYYYY
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
pretty exciting
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
It's totally the media twisting and bending events to make it look this way. The government isn't really shutting down, it's just the media manipulating you.
A bassist is never late, nor is he early, he arrives precisely when he means to.

The Pit operates under a pseudo-Murphy’s Law state of mind. You can make a comment and "whatever wrong assumption that can be made about it, will be made about it."
Quote by guitarist5477
It's totally the media twisting and bending events to make it look this way. The government isn't really shutting down, it's just the media manipulating you.
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Congress is run by a bunch of morons. Arguing like little ****ing kids, not voting for a certain law just because the other party proposed it.

They can't even ****in balance the budget, the most basic part of handling money.
Quote by progdude93
my fetish is dudes with dicks small enough to pee on their own sacks.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
errybody poop yer pants.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
>Affordable Care Act will hurt jobs
>shut down government
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by BladeSlinger
>Affordable Care Act will hurt jobs
>shut down government

Don't try to comprehend Republican logic. People have gone insane that way.

↓ The government's fiscal year is over, and the government has no money. Congress needs to approve some new dough, or the government shuts down. As of right now, about one third (I believe) of federal employees will be out out work until a resolution is passed. If this goes on for a long time, it's terrible for the economy.
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
Last edited by AeroRocker at Oct 1, 2013,
I've read a ton of articles and I still don't get what actually happens when the government "shuts down" or why they have to shut down in the first place. Anyone care to enlighten me?
Quote by AeroRocker
Don't try to comprehend Republican logic. People have gone insane that way.

I know plenty of Republicans that are quite sensible. Their representatives might not be.

My mom will get some time off work. Social Security worker.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
It's no surprise UG users are looking at this from a political standpoint. Republicans didn't want to shut down government, they wanted to delay the individual mandate of the ACA. Democrats didn't. They barley debated, and the government shut down. Both parties are responsible, and this partisan finger pointing is embarrassing.
Quote by MeGaDeth2314
I've read a ton of articles and I still don't get what actually happens when the government "shuts down" or why they have to shut down in the first place. Anyone care to enlighten me?

A government shutdown is when the government fails to pass a budget in time for the fiscal new year and thus the government goes unfunded. In the US it's set up so that all non-essential federal agencies close down and all federal employees get furloughed (or in other word are not allowed to work or get paid.) Also national parks and landmarks like the statue of liberty are also forced to close down, hurting tourism and local businesses.
Quote by Rossenrot
It's no surprise UG users are looking at this from a political standpoint. Republicans didn't want to shut down government, they wanted to delay the individual mandate of the ACA. Democrats didn't. They barley debated, and the government shut down. Both parties are responsible, and this partisan finger pointing is embarrassing.

Both parties are at fault but really man

Republicans have been wasting time and money trying to shoot this down for a while. Their obstinacy makes me see it as more their fault.
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by Jako215
They will have to shut down the Panda cam for the national zoo.

F this government.

I wholeheartedly agree with your stance
Quote by Rossenrot
It's no surprise UG users are looking at this from a political standpoint.

Yeah, that's because it's completely a political issue lol
RIP Gooze

cats
We're all gunna be eating horse meat, aren't we?
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by Jostry
Congress is run by a bunch of morons. Arguing like little ****ing kids, not voting for a certain law just because the other party proposed it.

They can't even ****in balance the budget, the most basic part of handling money.

This.

I hope I'm not agreeing with a conservative.
banned
Quote by WaterGod
A government shutdown is when the government fails to pass a budget in time for the fiscal new year and thus the government goes unfunded. In the US it's set up so that all non-essential federal agencies close down and all federal employees get furloughed (or in other word are not allowed to work or get paid.) Also national parks and landmarks like the statue of liberty are also forced to close down, hurting tourism and local businesses.

What do we define as 'non-essential'? And I take it by 'all federal employees' we mean the ones working for those agencies?

In other news, terrorists have bombed the whole of Western Europe, a new strain of SARS has broken out throughout the whole of Asia, and zombies have been seen in Canada.

Goodbye cruel world.
Quote by lolmnt
We're all gunna be eating horse meat, aren't we?

Too late, brah
http://www.theguardian.com/business/2013/feb/09/aldi-100-percent-horsemeat-beef-products
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
Quote by deadsmileyface
This.

Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Quote by mulefish

Hey now. We should leave all discussion about politics out of discussions about politics.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by deadsmileyface
This.

O the humanity..
Well, we're ****ed.
Stuff:
ESP/LTD EC-200QM (with SD Distortions)
1986 Charvel Model 4
2013 Ibanez RG7421WH

Amps
Marshall MS-2 microamp (a POS)
B-52 LG-100a head (Not bad)

Pedals
Digitech Grunge distortion
Quote by Rossenrot
Republicans didn't want to shut down government, they wanted to delay the individual mandate of the ACA. Democrats didn't. They barley debated, and the government shut down. Both parties are responsible, and this partisan finger pointing is embarrassing.

My feelings exactly. Finger pointing gets us nowhere and only hinders further talks.

Compromise is a two way road and neither side was willing to start the engine.
Quote by Baby Joel
What do we define as 'non-essential'? And I take it by 'all federal employees' we mean the ones working for those agencies?

In other news, terrorists have bombed the whole of Western Europe, a new strain of SARS has broken out throughout the whole of Asia, and zombies have been seen in Canada.

Goodbye cruel world.

Mostly emergency services such as hospitals, fire-department, ect. As well as agencies essential to national security like the military. Things like the EPA and FDA will mostly shut down though. The Washington Post has a good article that breaks it all down:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2013/09/30/absolutely-everything-you-need-to-know-about-how-the-government-shutdown-will-work/
Quote by mulefish

Excuse me, partisan*
Quote by WaterGod
Mostly emergency services such as hospitals, fire-department, ect. As well as agencies essential to national security like the military. Things like the EPA and FDA will mostly shut down though. The Washington Post has a good article that breaks it all down:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2013/09/30/absolutely-everything-you-need-to-know-about-how-the-government-shutdown-will-work/

So I guess my next question is, will I notice the effects of a government shut down? I don't really have a connection to any of those agencies or anything.

This whole thing sucks.
Quote by Baby Joel
So I guess my next question is, will I notice the effects of a government shut down?

Probably not. At least not in the short-term.
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
Quote by Baby Joel
So I guess my next question is, will I notice the effects of a government shut down? I don't really have a connection to any of those agencies or anything.

This whole thing sucks.

Probably not immediately, but if it goes on for weeks you might start to notice federal employees starving to death in the streets. Also you won't be able to visit any national monuments anytime soon like the Statue of Liberty or the Washington Monument. Also not to mention a lot federal regulatory agencies are also going to cease operations and social security will only be mailing people their benefits.