Hey guys, just wanting some honest feedback on my singing. I've been playing guitar for years but I've never sang in front of anyone.. Except perhaps the neighbours I've been thinking about getting some lessons so I can sing and play at the same time but I'm really concerned I'm pretty bad :/ please post constructive criticism and don't be too harsh... Hah

http://youtu.be/Sc9LzRijnXw

It's recorded on my iPad so sorry about the quality :/

Thanks for your time
I think you're great man for real, cool as!
Member#8 of the John Frusciante and Red Hot Chilli Peppers UG fanclub. PM IpodInaBottle to join
You are definitely fine for getting lessons. You are putting a bit of a weird fake hoarseness on your voice that masks your true tone. I know what you are going for, but this is something that you layer on after you have good technique (which you will get from lessons) and then you will sound fantastic.

Go for it.
Quote by merriman44
You are putting a bit of a weird fake hoarseness on your voice that masks your true tone. I know what you are going for, but this is something that you layer on after you have good technique (which you will get from lessons) and then you will sound fantastic.

Yeahhh I never realised I was doing that but I see what you mean now you've pointed it out. I guess I'm channelling the vocalist who sings the original too much..

Thanks heaps for taking the time to listen and provide feedback guys I appreciate it heaps, I was pretty nervous to post the video up haha