Hi! I've been playing for 4 years now, and my channel link is below if you guys want an idea how how good (or bad!) I play.

Most of the time I was used to crossing my right leg over my left leg and keeping my guitar on my right thigh, when I play.

However, few months ago I noticed that I would tire out easily and my right leg would be fatigued if I played that way (thus leading me to play less longer that I used to). This was the reason why (2-3 months ago) I began to sit normally - no legs crossed and guitar on the right leg.

The problem is, lately I am again noticing that when I play like that, sitting normally, my right/picking arm, and esp. the biceps, kind of hurt. Do I simply have to get used to it and build up my technique, stamina this way?

I don't remember if I hurt anywhere at all when first learning guitar. Thanks!
It's quite possible that it's just a stamina issue but I think the best way to tell would be for you to upload a video of something you think really pushes your technique; the videos you have up at the minute are both all over 3 weeks old and none of them, from what I can see from a very quick look, really seem to push you.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
It's quite possible that it's just a stamina issue but I think the best way to tell would be for you to upload a video of something you think really pushes your technique; the videos you have up at the minute are both all over 3 weeks old and none of them, from what I can see from a very quick look, really seem to push you.

Yeah, I've been getting away from hard rock/metal lately and heading towards a more slower music/slower blues/classic rock direction.

Well, one technique/lick which I feel pushes me, and one during which I feel the pain in my picking hand bicep/arm is when I simply do a gallop lick, 0-000-000-000-00, on the low E string only. I will make a video and post the link here soon then! Thanks.
what type of guitar is it?

I find with some guitars of a certain shape/size (les paul types especially), that when resting the thing on my right leg, it moves my right arm backwards a little from its normal position that it'll hurt after not too long.

it may well be a technique problem, but it might not be, kind of thing. or you could just be sitting at a slightly uncomfortable angle.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
what type of guitar is it?

I find with some guitars of a certain shape/size (les paul types especially), that when resting the thing on my right leg, it moves my right arm backwards a little from its normal position that it'll hurt after not too long.

it may well be a technique problem, but it might not be, kind of thing. or you could just be sitting at a slightly uncomfortable angle.

I have news for you, buddy - it's an Epiphone Les Paul.

it may be a technique or stamina problem, or maybe I simply need to get used to it, yeah. but I want to be comfy playing sitting normally, yayy!
I just finished uploading the gallop/way of sitting down video I made on Youtube. Here's the link - tell me if I am sitting incorrectly or if I am picking incorrectly!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLeVUD5-fUY
My right arm would always tire out when I tried to play One Day Remains by Alter Bridge. I still don't have that song down =/
Paul Reed Smith CE-24 2005 and Santana SE with Seymour Duncan pickups.
Line 6 Amplifiers
Boss Effects and Steve Vai's Wah Pedal
Dunlop Picks and Elixir Strings .48

WEBSITE
https://www.guitarchalk.com
yeah you can see your picking arm going back a bit there. that happens me too when i try to play a LP sitting down. I normally just don't play a LP sitting down. It's just the shape of the guitar, I think, there's no forearm contour and it's quite big at that lower bout.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by zuhairreza
I just finished uploading the gallop/way of sitting down video I made on Youtube. Here's the link - tell me if I am sitting incorrectly or if I am picking incorrectly!!!

Yeah, looks like it's an arm position thing, try sitting in the classical position, that should sort the issue out I think.

Also... work on your timing. You should be able to play something so simple to a click without having to think about what you're doing at all and in that video you kept going out of time when ever you moved.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
nothing looks weird about where your arm is. i don't have much experience playing with les paul shapes though. are you using a lot of energy to keep the guitar in place? it should just sit naturally on your leg, so the only fatigue your bicep should be feeling is just from holding your own arm up.
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Yeah, looks like it's an arm position thing, try sitting in the classical position, that should sort the issue out I think.

that's no fun. I prefer the EG and G G&A solution- "Get another guitar!"

Quote by vIsIbleNoIsE
nothing looks weird about where your arm is. i don't have much experience playing with les paul shapes though. are you using a lot of energy to keep the guitar in place? it should just sit naturally on your leg, so the only fatigue your bicep should be feeling is just from holding your own arm up.

nope a les paul type is bottom heavy, it'll fall towards the floor on your knee if you don't keep hold of it.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
that's no fun. I prefer the EG and G G&A solution- "Get another guitar!"

Now now, we're not ruling that out

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.

actually, the GG&A solution is "what you really need is a new amp"
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?