Hey all.......well I've been playing for about 4 years now. I own a really cheap 6k guitar (around 100 US Dollars). Now that I've learnt a bit, I feel the guitar is really pulling me back. So it's time for an upgrade.

My budget is about 20k (300-400 USD). My requirements are - 24 frets, fixed bridge, and a really versatile sound. I mean it should go from super clean chordy stuff to even metal. I know I want passive pups for that one.

I was looking at the Cort KX5. It's not at all pricey, and has all the good stuff (as far as i know). Anyone got any other recommendations ??
i haven't tried that specific guitar, but motherbuckers are really hot.

the easiest way to get versatility is to have a fairly hot bridge pickup (for the heavier stuff, since it tends to be played on the bridge pickup) combined with a lower output neck pickup for the lighter stuff. admittedly, if you're on a budget, that might be hard to find. or alternatively, coil splits will help, too.

i wouldn't get a worse guitar which has those features, though, because both those things can be modded into the guitar.

the fixed bridge ibanez RGs might be worth a look, too.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I would try a low end Ibanez or PRS SE model. Particularly the SEs are solid guitars -- and you can get them for around $400 used.
Paul Reed Smith CE-24 2005 and Santana SE with Seymour Duncan pickups.
Line 6 Amplifiers
Boss Effects and Steve Vai's Wah Pedal
Dunlop Picks and Elixir Strings .48

WEBSITE
https://www.guitarchalk.com
Schecter has a lot of models similar to the KX5, and I tend to trust Schecter over Cort.
PRS SE's have the trems, though, unless you get the 245, which has 22 frets. I DO however suggest you consider a PRS, because if you want versatility and quality, they're the go-to company. I have an SE 24 and I don't even use the trem.
What country are you in?

If you were in America, you could probably get a used LTD 1000 series that would fulfill all your requirements.
Quote by Dave_Mc
i haven't tried that specific guitar, but motherbuckers are really hot.

the easiest way to get versatility is to have a fairly hot bridge pickup (for the heavier stuff, since it tends to be played on the bridge pickup) combined with a lower output neck pickup for the lighter stuff. admittedly, if you're on a budget, that might be hard to find. or alternatively, coil splits will help, too.

i wouldn't get a worse guitar which has those features, though, because both those things can be modded into the guitar.

the fixed bridge ibanez RGs might be worth a look, too.

Well yeah, the KX5 has the coil slpit feature for that single coily funk sound.
Quote by robertwilliam9
I would try a low end Ibanez or PRS SE model. Particularly the SEs are solid guitars -- and you can get them for around $400 used.

Well some of my friends own some high end stuff........and they strongly advised me to avoid the lower end Ibanez's. They said in that range, Cort was more value for money.
Quote by rwitamb
Well some of my friends own some high end stuff........and they strongly advised me to avoid the lower end Ibanez's. They said in that range, Cort was more value for money.

A 400 ibanez isn't low end, especially a good used one. I would by an Indonesian ibanez over a Cort any day of the week personally.
Quote by rwitamb
Well yeah, the KX5 has the coil slpit feature for that single coily funk sound.

ah ok

it may well work ok, then. it's really your call.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?