I have an acoustic guitar with a soundhole PUP that I use for open mic nights and the odd full acoustic gig. I have been going straight into the PA in these situations but, as you know, some venues' PAs are much better than others. There are no tone shaping options with the PUP. So I need a solution. I know an amp would be best but frankly, for the open mics, I like to take the train so as I can have a few beverages. I have a 6 band EQ which I am going to take to the next one to see how that helps but I wondered is there a decent DI box, something like the MXR M80 bass DI, for acoustic guitar? Or will the EQ pedal be as good as anything else? Thanks.
"I didn't mean to kill nobody ... I just meant to shoot the sonofabitch in the head. Him dying was between him and the Lord." RL Burnside.

"I won't waste my love on a nation" BRMC
the LR Baggs Venue is probably the most popular acoustic DIrect box out there. i don't play out that often and have no need for one so i can't give a first hand review.
need more gear and a lot more talent(courtesytuxs)
I know this isn't what you are asking, but I recommend moving up guitar wise. I use a Martin that I absolutely love. SOunds great, but the passive soundhole pup leaves a lot out, there is no eq, no level control at my hands, it's passive so the levels on our mixing board are always wonky trying to compensate, and I am over it. While we may not play acoustic all the time, twice a month for an hour is enough to drive you crazy at a live show, especially without any sort of sound guy when you run your own sound.

Otherwise, I HAVE used an eq to solve the problem. Plus most have a level control. The one I used to use was super sensitive and could radically change the sound of the guitar. The EQ could do everything you need it to though, and hopefully it is the fix you need.

As for me, I'm about to drop some cash on a Nice Seagull myself!
Splawn Street Rod
H&K Tubemeister 5
Line 6 G90 System

Gibson SG Standard
Godin Radiator
Dillion 653 GA/3CT
Seagull Coastline s6
New Music on Spotify
Much as I'd love a new guitar, I just don't have the budget right now. that probably excludes the L R Baggs as well - their stuff is pretty expensive. I'll try the EQ pedal for now.
"I didn't mean to kill nobody ... I just meant to shoot the sonofabitch in the head. Him dying was between him and the Lord." RL Burnside.

"I won't waste my love on a nation" BRMC
You could spend around $100 and get the zoom acoustic pedal. Takes some tweaking, but really great sound can be had at a price that doesn't bust the bank.