So for people who doesn't know, a frankenstein guitar is an original cheap guitar that you modify a lot.

What I want is an OFR a sustainer and I'll change the btridge pick up for a Dimarzio Illuminator.

So I'm searching a cheap guitar with a floyd ( would prefer something that a OFR would perfect fit without routing), neckthru (if possible), compound radius, 24 frets. Active pick ups are nice because there is already a place for the battery.

Now I'm hesitating between buying a guitar with a good floyd and well crafted (OFR or Ibanez equivalent edge (pro, orginal, lo-pro)) or somethign quite cheap and changing everything (which would cost me around 600-700$).

Do you have any recommendation?

Thanks a lot guys
Jackson DK2FS
Fernandes FR-65

Morley pro series pedal
BBE two time Delay
Empress Nebulus
Subdecay Quantum Quasar
Solid Gold FX Nitro

Blackstar HT stage 100
Marshal 1922 2x12 (V-30, Greenback)
Well, for starters you're pretty much going to have to buy used just based off the description, in which case, a Schecter, Ibanez or a decent ESP might work (don't go LTD). If you're shopping new, those specs alone are going to put you at around $500-$600 for just the guitar. The other parts added will probably put you out of your price range.

Oh, and I wouldn't consider this project a 'Frankenstein' guitar. If you said you wanted to take the neck from one guitar and the body of another and the pickups from another and put that all together, then maybe. Making only 3 changes is really just putting it in the 'modified' category.
Quote by mjones1992
Well, for starters you're pretty much going to have to buy used just based off the description, in which case, a Schecter, Ibanez or a decent ESP might work (don't go LTD). If you're shopping new, those specs alone are going to put you at around $500-$600 for just the guitar. The other parts added will probably put you out of your price range.

Oh, and I wouldn't consider this project a 'Frankenstein' guitar. If you said you wanted to take the neck from one guitar and the body of another and the pickups from another and put that all together, then maybe. Making only 3 changes is really just putting it in the 'modified' category.

Ok thanks for advices, and quite true about the frankenstein, but it is cooler to call it this way, than modified guitar
Jackson DK2FS
Fernandes FR-65

Morley pro series pedal
BBE two time Delay
Empress Nebulus
Subdecay Quantum Quasar
Solid Gold FX Nitro

Blackstar HT stage 100
Marshal 1922 2x12 (V-30, Greenback)