I'll admit I don't know much about how amps and such work. I wanna make sure that if I need to take it to get fixed I don't get ripped off, so I figured I'd ask you knowledgeable people for assistance.

I have a Fender Twin Reverb. I was playing it today when suddenly there was loud feedback for a split second. Now the whole sound of the amp has changed. It sounds like the tone knob on my guitar has been turned all the way down, even though it isn't. Then when I hit a string sometimes it will be really loud and sound normal, but then go right back to sounding off.

What has happened? Is it amp demons? It should be because I spray it with amp demon repellent every day.

I hope I explained the issue well enough. Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Have an A-1 day!
This is why you need a backup set of tubes. Swap out the preamp tubes one by one, I bet that fixes it. If not, it needs to go to a tech.
Sounds like preamp tubes. Being that it's a twin and nobody uses the normal channel, use that tube to test in other positions.
Epiphone Les Paul Plus Top
Jet City JCA5212RC (SLO Modded)
Ibanez WD7 Wah
Mad Professor Sweet Honey Overdrive
TC Electronic Flashback Triple Delay
TC Electronic Trinity Reverb
Quote by Roc8995
This is why you need a backup set of tubes. Swap out the preamp tubes one by one, I bet that fixes it. If not, it needs to go to a tech.

+1

But really I just came to see if you have any latex salesmen positions available? Or maybe car wash attendant? (Your references are impeccable. )
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Pick up a few tubes ($10-15 a pop) and move them around. If you can plug in a fan into the socket you you can put in a tube. they only go in one way.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
...and you wanna be my latex salesman? I don't think so...

But seriously, thanks everyone who replied. It indeed was one of the preamp tubes.
Last edited by ArtVandelay at Oct 2, 2013,