can the pod hd floor unit be run through an amp in such a way to bypass the actual sound part of an amp? if that makes sense... not sure how else to describe it. thinking of getting one soon and would like to use it as an interface on my computer but also to put it through my amp and use the models on the pod instead of the dirt channel on my amp
You can run it into the FX Return of your amp if you have a loop. Is this the Special 6? This will bypass the amps preamp tubes/tone stack and your Pod signal will be ran through the power section of your amp. Now, if you have a low watt tube amp and are using a lot of power tube saturation (like I think you are) the Pod may not sound the greatest - but I believe you can also disable the amp sims and just use the unit for its effects, if that is what you are wanting to do.

Offworld is pretty much an expert on this unit/configuration so I'll wait for him to show up
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
You can run it into the FX Return of your amp if you have a loop. Is this the Special 6? This will bypass the amps preamp tubes/tone stack and your Pod signal will be ran through the power section of your amp. Now, if you have a low watt tube amp and are using a lot of power tube saturation (like I think you are) the Pod may not sound the greatest - but I believe you can also disable the amp sims and just use the unit for its effects, if that is what you are wanting to do.

Offworld is pretty much an expert on this unit/configuration so I'll wait for him to show up

I don't have any direct experience on the m9 or m13.

But they have the same effects as the pod hd's without the amp sims.

311,could you verify my statement?

But i have played a pod 500.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Why is everyone talking about disabling the amp sims? The best thing about the POD is the amp sims!

OP, you can plug it in either to the FX return or the instrument input, just use whichever sounds best to you. I now run my HD500 through a PA system, but I have used it with various combo amps in the past.
Quote by andrerist
can the pod hd floor unit be run through an amp in such a way to bypass the actual sound part of an amp? if that makes sense... not sure how else to describe it. thinking of getting one soon and would like to use it as an interface on my computer but also to put it through my amp and use the models on the pod instead of the dirt channel on my amp

Yeah you can as long as your amp has a serial FX loop(not a parallel FX loop), plug the HD out into the amp's return. Piling up the HD preamps with your own amp's dirty channel preamp by using it in the front of the amp can cause muddiness in the overall sound.

^^ The M9/M13 having the same fx quality as the hd500 is a bit debated. There's probably a long thread somewhere on the L6 forum regarding it. The M13 does offer true-bypass, but I'm not sure if you can stack multiple effects of the same type, like two or three delays at once. Although if you go about doing this in the hd500 as well then there is the DSP limit that pops up depending on what else (FX or amp) is being used.
You can stack multiple effects of the same type on the M13. I don't see why the sound quality would be any different, it's all the same algorithms.