I tried this guitar out at Guitar Center on a whim. Basically I loved it and shelled out the $400. Part of me wanted a guitar with humbuckers that could accomplish heavier alternative rock (Foo Fighters), Pop-punk (New Found Glory), and, overall, just be a great backup. This guitar definitely fulfilled all of those needs. My only critique is that towards the upper-end of the guitar notes die out pretty quickly. I will have to restring it sometime soon and adjust the action. Again though, overall I am both pleased and impressed, especially for the amount I spent.

Fender 2012 MIA Standard Telecaster
Epiphone 2013 Firebird Ltd. Edition Pelham Blue w/ Burstbuckers
Orange Tiny Terror Combo
Dunlop KH95 Kirk Hammett Signature Cry Baby Wah
Electro Harmonix Big Muff Pi
Boss SD-1
Boss PS-6
Boss DD-7
Last edited by Mem101 at Oct 1, 2013,
HNGD! Now go learn and play some Rival Sons tunes!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ijOlAR3zs8
Caution:
This post may contain my opinion and/or inaccurate information.

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
TC Electronics Corona & Hall of Fame
It is definitely neck heavy but not to the extent where it is difficult to play.
The area where I am most impressed is the quality of the guitar. I have played countless epiphone guitars. While I really enjoy the Trad. Pro's I have not played a single one that is as well rounded as this Firebird. I am sure a big part of it was just luck but I am beyond pleased.
Never heard of Rival Sons but I dig this song! Thanks!
Orange Tiny Terror Combo
Boss SD-1
Boss PS-6
Boss DD-7
Quote by Mem101
It is definitely neck heavy but not to the extent where it is difficult to play.
The area where I am most impressed is the quality of the guitar. I have played countless epiphone guitars. While I really enjoy the Trad. Pro's I have not played a single one that is as well rounded as this Firebird. I am sure a big part of it was just luck but I am beyond pleased.
Never heard of Rival Sons but I dig this song! Thanks!

Dude plays a very similar guitar that you have. Apparently one of Jimmy Page's new favourite bands.
Caution:
This post may contain my opinion and/or inaccurate information.

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
TC Electronics Corona & Hall of Fame
Rival Sons not only kicks ass, but their guitarist was the man that revived my interest in tht guitar. Except his has 3 HB, not 2.

That song is from their very good 3rd album...and their second album is simply incredible.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Oct 2, 2013,
Nice looking guitar! HNGD!

I had the chance to play an Epi Firebird once and I thought it sounded really good, but the neck was too beefy for my tastes. That neck, from what I can tell, seems a bit slimmer than the model I played.
Quote by Zeppelin71
Umm. . .uh. . .your mom touched sjones' dick. YOUR MOM TOUCHED OUR GUITARISTS GENITALS IN A CAMPER AT A BIKER FESTIVAL! truth.
Thanks everyone!!

Yeah it has a slim neck and the pickups are definitely hot. I was surprised to get that sound out of Alnico's, but hey, I am good with it!

I am definitely going to start listening to Rival Sons!
Orange Tiny Terror Combo
Boss SD-1
Boss PS-6
Boss DD-7
I am definitely going to start listening to Rival Sons!

The best way I can describe them is that they took the best elements of R&R from 1963-1978, put them in a big bag, and mix them at will. Any given song they do may feel like a straight up tribute to a single band to a blend of several different genres. So listening to a whole album of theirs is like tuning into a classic rock station for a while.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
nice
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I love that color, the pictures really can't do it justice.
I own the ES-339 in TV Pelham Blue - Epiphone really made some quality instruments in this series.
Please let me keep this memory, just this one ..