Hey UG. I recently bought a second-hand Ibanez Jemini Distortion/Overdrive pedal, and thanks to my amazing carelessness, I managed to break one of the 9v connector terminals while disconnecting a battery from the 9v battery clip.

Now, I know the easy fix for this is just to replace the 9v battery connector by soldering a new connector on. Being new to soldering/wiring, I'm not too sure how to go about this:

1. Can I simply cut the red and black wires at the connector and solder in a new connector head,
2. Or is it necessary to open up the pedal and re-solder a new connector set (head+wires) to the guts of the pedal?

Help would be appreciated.
THE BEST UPGRADE FOR YOUR GUITAR IS PRACTICE
Last edited by kemingt at Oct 2, 2013,
Get a new 9v battery clip, solder it's red & black wires in the same spot on the PCB of the pedal where the old ones were connected. Most of those connector heads are sealed so soldering at the terminals won't be possible unless you cut it open if it consists of rubber/plastic type material.

Another thing you can do is get something like http://www.adafruit.com/blog/2011/11/29/updated-product-9v-battery-holder-with-switch-5-5mm2-1mm-plug/ for later use & attach it to the bottom of your board if you are really into using batteries, those rechargeable low discharge NiMH 9V cells would last longer & be economically & environmentally friendlier than alkaline lol
Last edited by steven_ferns84 at Oct 2, 2013,