Right, here's a list of what features I'm currently wishing an amp could have:
Tube reverb
Fairly vintage voiced. Not too much gain. I normally set it to a bit of breakup and get jangling.
Preferably TMB tone controls, tone/bass is OK, but I don't like the Vox interactive tone controls
Single channel is fine

Nice to have:
(preferably) tube tremolo
Wrapped up in a nice combo

And here's the really important bit for me: To be able to get power tube breakup at bedroom levels, AND AT STAGE VOLUME.
Every tube amp I've had (Laney vc30, vox ac15, fender supersonic 22) needed to get the power tubes cooking before they sounded good. I ended up running it into an attenuator and just sucking the life out of it to use it at bedroom levels.

I want to be inspired when I plug into the amp, and I want to be able to get the same tones (broken clean/mild overdrive), the same feel and response, at home when I'm writing, and on stage, studio etc. So maybe either some power scaling, or just a master volume that sounds really good at low volume. I'm often playing unmiced gigs so I'd probably need maybe 12-18 watts.

Budget is up to £1000, but preferably much less. Must be available in the UK.

Any suggestions? Does such an amp exist?
Power Tube breakup and Master Volume controls aren't going to go well together, especially if you want an amp for both bedroom and stage levels. You'll struggle to get both without sacrificing your tone somewhat at one or the other.

A Ceriatone Marshall 18W clone may be a good place to start. You can get them with MV controls and TMB tonestacks built in/modded in for fairly cheap. You may need to get an external tube reverb unit though. They have the Tremolo built in.
A Blues Junior comes close, but you're not getting power tube distortion out of it at bedroom volume.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
I mean, you could always dime the Master and use the gain knob as a volume control. That's essentially what a non-Master volume amp is anyway.

But it sounds like you want an AC30.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
The best way to get similar sound at very different volumes is to get an amp with a ton of clean headroom (fender twin, etc) and use pedals. Even then you'll never get the same sound quiet as you do loud. The power tubes will sound different when pushed and even if you go solid state the speakers will sound different when pushed harder. You're kind of asking for something impossible in my opinion.
Quote by hessodreamy
I ended up running it into an attenuator and just sucking the life out of it to use it at bedroom levels.
You know what sucks the life out of an amp? Low volume.
i'd say power scaling or VVR are what you want.

there are a bunch of custom amp makers in the UK, which might be the way to go.

But I'd agree with fly, be careful the problem isn't just low volumes. If that's the case, nothing will really solve your problems...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by tubetime86
A Blues Junior comes close, but you're not getting power tube distortion out of it at bedroom volume.
I was thinking Blues Jr as well when I read through the OP
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]