Hi,

Sorry for the basic question but over the last month I have been trying to listen for what fits rather than spending hours on YouTube trying to patch together a theory lesson.

What im trying to learn is how to play Chords which fit together up the fret board but in between chords play little licks and solos.

I have scrapped this together which 'sounds' like it fits but after the little solo I cant find the next chord up the fret board.

E|--2--3--2--0-----------------
B|--3--3--3--5-----------------
G|--2--0--4--6-------7--9--7v--
D|--0--0--4--7--7/9------------
A|--0--2--2--0-----------------
E|--0--3--0--0-----------------

What Chord(s) could I play after the 7th fret which would follow nicely after the '7v'

If you could tab the chord that would be excellent, other wise the chord name is cool also just ill have to go find out in Google images what it looks like.

Thank you very much.
-------7-----5
-------7--10-7
-7---7-7--9--7
-7h9-7-7--7--5
-------10-9--

Hendrix style fill followed by D/G - F#m7 - Em11
It sounds like that four chord thing you have there (D-G-Bm-A) could be your chord progression so maybe just try repeating it a couple of times. You could try the D chord in a different position. Try this

E|---
B|-7-
G|-7-
D|-7-
A|---
E|---

as the next chord.

Oh, and in the first chord you don't want to play the two lowest open strings and in the third chord don't play the open low E string, same with the last chord. Sounds better (less muddy).

Oh, and really learn the chord names. It's not that hard and helps you a lot.
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
Uh this is sweet, thanks to both of you.

@mdc had a little play I can hear it just need to play with it as some of those shapes are a little stretch for me but all good.

@MaggaraMarine That was a good one, when I end with the 7v im right on that chord so super easy to loop back into another little solo after it.

Question: What would the name of this chord be?

E|---
B|-7-
G|-7-
D|-7-
A|---
E|---

Thanks this is a great help.

So after the 7th fret how would you locate the next chord which fits? So if the chord progression is (D-G-Bm-A) and the D starts off here:

B|-7-
G|-7-
D|-7-

I assume the next chord G would be somewhere available up the neck and would fit in?

Thanks.
That 777 chord TS would be D major. Perhaps you should learn some more chord voicings?
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud