I'm currently using a Mesa Dual Rec Tremoverb 2x12 combo. I love all the sound I can get out of it but lugging it around is just becoming too much for me. I have back issues and lugging it up and down stairs for gigs/rehearsals is beginning to be too much for me. I was thinking about trading it if there's a good option out there. I was looking at possibly a Soldano combo or something with a similar sound, even in a 2x10 if it's good. I've had a couple offers for stacks and Valvekings...and I don't want to move around a stack and I don't want to downgrade so much to a Valveking...that's what I moved on from actually. I love my Mesa, it's just too heavy. Are there any realistic options that are comparable to this? I don't want to take it to guitar center and get screwed on a trade in.
I currently use two different Strats, an Eric Clapton sig and an Eric Johnson sig and run through a small loop of a Mesa V-Twin, tuner, and a wah pedal. I can add up to about $500 for the right trade if it's needed but would rather not. Any ideas for something close to what I get out of this?
Only one thing it must have...tubes...of course.
Last edited by dmc92484 at Oct 2, 2013,
Have you considered a spinning class?
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
You could not have a combo amp.

Easier to carry a amp head and cabinet separately
Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who...
Quote by Necrophagist777
I'm ORION, LORD OF EVIL, give me your soul and breathe in my darkness.

YOU WILL NOT ENJOY THIS......
╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮
If you can't lift that, why would you even get another combo m8? It's not like a 2x10 Soldano isn't going to weight just as much.
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
Go to the gym, fatty.
I shall grant you three wishes.

None of which will work.

Does the above post enrage, offend or confuse you?

Good.

I like my women how I like my guitars. Curvy and like it when I finger them.
I am actually in good shape, I just have back issues. I figured a 210 would be easier to lift then a 212. I'd consider a head and 210/212 cab, I just don't want to lug around a 412 like people have been offering. I'm really just asking for something that would have a similar sound, other then the Dual Rec head/cab, that would possibly be lighter.
I must be the only person who doesn't get screwed over at Guitar Center, and I've been to several of them.
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Quote by CodeMonk
Thats what bass players are for.

Pretty much. Ever notice how the bassist never has a vehicle? I would always get my bassist to lug my guitar gear in exchange for rides to gigs. heh heh sucker
Quote by BladeSlinger
Have you considered a spinning class?

Spin class is biking its doesn't increase upper body strength, its legs and cardio and mild core if you are standing up.
2011 Gibson Honeyburst LP Trad. w/ SD Whole Lotta Humbuckers
2014 Gibson Ocean Water Standard Plus
Marshall Haze 15W Head/Cab
Hughes & Kettner Tubemeister 5
If you have back problems, you're not lifting it right. Keep your back straight. Lift with your legs. Don't carry long distances. Squats. Oats.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
Quote by dmc92484
I am actually in good shape, I just have back issues. I figured a 210 would be easier to lift then a 212. I'd consider a head and 210/212 cab, I just don't want to lug around a 412 like people have been offering. I'm really just asking for something that would have a similar sound, other then the Dual Rec head/cab, that would possibly be lighter.

Depends. A 2x12 and a 2x10 are going to sound different, play them first.

Either way you go the strict head version of the Dual is going to be lighter. Why not just replace the combo with the head/cab? That way you know you'll have your sound, or at least as absolutely close as you can get to it.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Silly guitarists with their stone age back-breaking rigs.
Spare a Cow
Eat a Vegan
Trade it for a used Dual Rectifier head and 2x12.

Problem solved. Splitting up the weight does more than you'd think.
I'm seeing a chiropractor and rehabbing my back. It's not been an issue before but I fell off a ladder and did some damage... I'll see if I can get a head and 212 combo of the same. I was just wondering if anything else had a good tone close to it. I do like Soldano too.
you are the least metal pussy probably ever. do you want br00tz or do you not want br00tz?
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Quote by dmc92484
I'm seeing a chiropractor and rehabbing my back. It's not been an issue before but I fell off a ladder and did some damage... I'll see if I can get a head and 212 combo of the same. I was just wondering if anything else had a good tone close to it. I do like Soldano too.
A Soldano is going to give a quite different tone than a Mesa, yet still very good (and honestly, what I'd prefer). Only issue is, they're expensive, even used.
Quote by ne14t
Spin class is biking its doesn't increase upper body strength, its legs and cardio and mild core if you are standing up.

right over your head
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by Ian_the_fox
A Soldano is going to give a quite different tone than a Mesa, yet still very good (and honestly, what I'd prefer). Only issue is, they're expensive, even used.

Is Jet City a good amp?
Depends on the model. I never could stand the 20 watt models but the 50h and 100h I find good despite how ugly they are. I own the 100h, swapped both the grille and the logo.
you guys should quite that shit with not lifting and whatnot. The guy clearly has health issues and you're trying to be cool by making fun of him?
Yeah funny few posts but it got old quite fast and you guys are just repeating the same thing over and over. be creative at least
I knew there'd be some stupid answers and it's all good. I'm just trying to not stress any more than I need to. I love the sound of the Mesas but also the Soldanos...I'll check a head/cab and see if someone would be up for trading either of those. Thanks for the 'help' from most of you.
I use a 1x12 cab for when I have to move around with a V30, closed back, easy to carry and I have a 2x12 if I need it or both, separate head is what you need, **** the combos if you need to move a lot.
really shouldnt have posted this in the pit
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.