Page 1 of 9
I am not asking what your least favorite genre is.
What do you think the objectively worst genre of music is?
What criteria are we basing this off of? Just general song-writing? Or technical ability?
Troll thread.

The answer isn't anything but "there is none".

For my least favorite genre, I'd have to say modern pop. Whatever you'd call that.
Quote by Rockford_rocks
Troll thread.

The answer isn't anything but "there is none".

For my least favorite genre, I'd have to say modern pop. Whatever you'd call that.

Wrong.
An adult can enjoy reading picture books.
That doesn't mean picture books are equal to Fitzgerald.
Quote by macashmack
Wrong.
An adult can enjoy reading picture books.
That doesn't mean picture books are equal to Fitzgerald.

Okay, but to the adult that enjoys the picture books he/she may think they are better than Fitzgerald.

Such is the nature of subjectivity. Different things for different people.
Last edited by Rockford_rocks at Oct 2, 2013,
Progressive Metal, it's just a bunch of pretentious wankery from music major dorks so they can jack off to how "technical" it is and how many time signature changes you can fit into a song.
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Quote by jaybsp
Psychedelic Rock

why
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
whatever genre Takida, Creed and Nickelback are.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
almost anything on the radio
'93 Gibson LP Studio (498T/490R)-Ebony
'14 Gibson LP Standard (JB/Jazz)-Ocean Water Perimeter
Epi MKH LP Custom-7 (SD Custom Shop JB-7)-Ebony
+More

Maxon od808|Boss NS-2|Boss CE-5|
Line6 G55|Korg Pitchblack Pro

JVM 210h|1960a(V30/G12t-75)
probably some sort of obscure cultural folk or tribal music.
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Metal
The plan was to drink until the pain over.
But what's worse, the pain or the hangover?
Who am I? I'm a titan so be expectin' a clash.
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
whatever genre Takida, Creed and Nickelback are.

Well I just heard, the news today
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
Well I just heard, the news today

ha?
Indie. "Look at us we are so kewl we hate money blah blah blah"
Quote by SlinkyBlue

The solution is simple and obvious.

We revolt against ourselves. Mass suicide. The ultimate revolution.
I haven't listened to every genre of music, nor have I listened to everything ever released enough to formulate a justified opinion of it.

early 2000's rnb was really bad tho
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
Probably pop-punk, I swear every one of those bands has the same singer, seriously whats up with the whiny voice.
Whatever these bands are:

The Gaslight Anthem, Nothington, Bouncing Souls, U2, Oasis, Eminem, Atmosphere, Tiesto, Deadmau5, Volbeat, Classified, Less Than Jake, Chris Webby.
there's a swedish band caleld Stiftelsen, made up by the same people as in Takida. They are even worse than Takida. I have no idea if they make the entire genre terrible but they sure as hell make it less interesting to check out anything else.

And I don't know what genre they are. Some modern, rock, metal, folk stuff I guess. and that combination is in general ****ing dreadful.
Last edited by JohnnyGenzale at Oct 2, 2013,
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
Progressive Metal, it's just a bunch of pretentious wankery from music major dorks so they can jack off to how "technical" it is and how many time signature changes you can fit into a song.

Utterly wrong, and a terrible generalization. While such prog metal bands exist, they definitely do not define the whole. I feel like you're trying to pander to the masses with this kind of opinion.
Quote by Nickpocalypse
Utterly wrong, and a terrible generalization. While such prog metal bands exist, they definitely do not define the whole. I feel like you're trying to pander to the masses with this kind of opinion.

spoken like the exact guy he was trying to get a reaction out of
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
Quote by symphyses
Whatever these bands are:

The Gaslight Anthem, Nothington, Bouncing Souls, U2, Oasis, Eminem, Atmosphere, Tiesto, Deadmau5, Volbeat, Classified, Less Than Jake, Chris Webby.

LMAO GTFO
Dubstep, Indie and 99% of pop music.

That 1% of pop music that isn't 'the worst' are guilty pleasures and will not be spoken of publicly.

If I had to really pick one of the 3 though then it would be pop. That isn't going away anytime soon whereas Dubstep and Indie...eh, I'm sure we will have forgotten they exist sooner or later.
When I was eleven I broke the patio window and my mother sued me... She's always been a very aggressive litigator.
Quote by Nickpocalypse

Nah, he's trying to provoke a reaction from prog metal fans.

OT, there is no objectivity when it comes to music tastes. You cannot objectively say that Beethoven is better than Chris Brown, or vice versa. Therefore, the question cannot be answered objectively.
Gangster Rap, it's just one big pissing contest. Most of the artists in this genre are fakes and couldn't fight their way out of a paper bag without a big group to back them. I'm not saying all are like this, but I'd be willing to bet money that most are.
A bassist is never late, nor is he early, he arrives precisely when he means to.

The Pit operates under a pseudo-Murphy’s Law state of mind. You can make a comment and "whatever wrong assumption that can be made about it, will be made about it."
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG

6/10 -- Almost provoked a reaction from me.

OT:
Worst genre: N/A
My least favorite genre: rap
Last edited by crazysam23_Atax at Oct 2, 2013,
Quote by Random3
Nah, he's trying to provoke a reaction from prog metal fans
It may have been a troll but if you look at a lot of modern prog musicians it's a spot on interpretation.

OT: Bedroom rock/metal.
Quote by Ian_the_fox
It may have been a troll but if you look at a lot of modern prog musicians it's a spot on interpretation.

OT: Bedroom rock/metal.

what's bedroom rock/metal?

why are you spouting so much hate on metal when you were a big metalhead when you signed up? weren't you the one trying to "unlearn" how to be a metalhead and learn how to appreciate jazz because it's a more sophisticated genre?
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
what's bedroom rock/metal?

why are you spouting so much hate on metal when you were a big metalhead when you signed up? weren't you the one trying to "unlearn" how to be a metalhead and learn how to appreciate jazz because it's a more sophisticated genre?

Although I don't agree with most of Ian's posts, I do agree that metal sucks.