Hey guys just had a quick question.
I have a tube pre-amp and was wondering how often do I change those tubes out. since It's just a pre-amp I don't have the power tubes to change out with it or any good judgement on when to replace those I know they don't get as much burn or use per say compared to power tubes so what's the rule of thumb think I'm at around 1.5 years with the pres that came in it and they are all Sovtek's since it's a russian Tube Pre.
Live Rig:
Peavey VK (power amp)
R&R Amps SL/LD (preamp)
EB Volume
Zoom G3
Morpheus Dive bomber
Dunlop 95Q
Guitar-any in my stable
5150 Cab (V30/Sheffield X-pat)
The most generic rule of thumb I know about that is -
change them if they're cheap chinese stock tubes (which is not the case) or if they are broken (still not the case)

Preamp tubes last a lot of time, so they probably won't be making your sound worse in 10 more years unless they break, in which case you'll be better off changing them.
If you wanna be reeeally sure you don't have problems of any kind, change them every 3 years or so.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Thanks that's what I figured I was still good I haven't pulled them to see if they are showing excessive burn or anything but wanted to consult my fellow musicians. On my VK which is just a power amp I changed power and pre's together and only done powers since then on that amp.
Live Rig:
Peavey VK (power amp)
R&R Amps SL/LD (preamp)
EB Volume
Zoom G3
Morpheus Dive bomber
Dunlop 95Q
Guitar-any in my stable
5150 Cab (V30/Sheffield X-pat)