Hi guys,

I was playing my guitar earlier when I started to hear a quiet hum. I thought it might be nothing so I tried moving cables around a bit in case one of them was loose or something. This did nothing so I put the amp on stand-by and then I heard quite a loud popping sound through the speakers. This scared me so I quickly tried it back off stand-by and now no sound is coming out of it. I've tried different cables, different channels on the amp, adjusting the volume, a different guitar etc. and nothing produces sound. I suspect one of the tubes has blown as I think it is quite an old amp but it could be something else.

Please help if you can! Thanks
Laney VH100R, Randall KH 4x12 cab, Harley Benton G212V, ESP LTD EC-1000, Jackson Demmelition King V, LTD KH-602, Tanglewood TW170, LTD EX-50, Squire Strat, Zakk Wylde wah, EHX Small Clone, Blackstar HT-5H
Does the amp power up & if it does then do all the tubes still light up?

Do you have any spare preamp tubes lying around? If not then get two, it's easier to troubleshoot whether one of your preamp tubes has failed.

If the amp doesn't power up then perhaps one of your power tubes hasgone bad & taken the fuse along for the ride. In that case take it to a tech, depending on how old the amp is it might be time to service it.
No the amp powers up fine and all the channels are fine its just the amp makes absolutely no sound. It looks like one of the tubes isn't lighting up but they're all very dim so it could just be very dark. How much would an average tech cost to take a look at the amp and maybe fit a new preamp tube in the UK?
Laney VH100R, Randall KH 4x12 cab, Harley Benton G212V, ESP LTD EC-1000, Jackson Demmelition King V, LTD KH-602, Tanglewood TW170, LTD EX-50, Squire Strat, Zakk Wylde wah, EHX Small Clone, Blackstar HT-5H
my bench fee is £25, plus the cost of the tube (although honestly it sounds like your power amp tubes going, not a preamp tube, which is an expensive business in a 100 watter) I have a cheaper bench fee than most of the local places though (and a more expensive hourly rate so it balances out, makes it cheaper for small fixes though)
Epiphone Les Paul Plus Top
Jet City JCA5212RC (SLO Modded)
Ibanez WD7 Wah
Mad Professor Sweet Honey Overdrive
TC Electronic Flashback Triple Delay
TC Electronic Trinity Reverb