I seem to have this mental block that makes me fail at playing lead, rock n roll lead to be specific. I don't have a problem with chords, I don't have a problem with the 12 bar blues, I get it. When it comes to playing blues/rock n roll lead I just plain suck, I am not where I should be. It's very hard for me to to get the feel of a solo down unless it's simple, my bends suck, everything sounds sloppy, the list goes on.

Honestly, I have busy days but I can fit in 30 minutes of playing at least, on MOST days. Is there some sort of online course anyone would like to recommend me, tips, hints? I'll take anything at this point, I feel like I focused on all the wrong things for the past 8 years and I'm ready to cut the bullshit and advance as a player.
Quote by mikeYekim
I am not where I should be.

So where should you be? What makes you think that's where you should be?

Quote by mikeYekim
Honestly, I have busy days but I can fit in 30 minutes of playing at least, on MOST days. Is there some sort of online course anyone would like to recommend me, tips, hints? I'll take anything at this point, I feel like I focused on all the wrong things for the past 8 years and I'm ready to cut the bullshit and advance as a player.

You need more time and practice. If you don't have much time every day then you need to tone down your expectations, if you can only spare half an hour a day you're just not going to be able to make it to particularly technical heights without investing many many years.

If you want a more specific answer you need to ask a better question. "I need to get better" doesn't help with anything.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Slow it down and work on each technique in itself. Work on bends one day, alternate picking the next, ect. Take a break from playing and clear your mind, like you said it's a mental block. Some people just aren't good soloers either, but you can put all of your focus into rhythm and excel there.
I originally started learning blue lead by listening to Lightnin hopkins - last night blues and hitting random notes that sounded cool with it. I got a feel for the blues, from there, I developed quite a rock/blue style lead.

Playing metal lead I just would learn random things and scales. I got good at playing fast.

Look up different Pentatonic licks. Go to all-guitar-chords.com and look at scales and learn as many different things on the fretboard. Exercises, etc..

Minor and major pentatonic is dumbed down version of Minor and Major scale, just add notes to the major or minor pentatonic to get to the major or natural minor scale. Then compare that to harmonic minor, pentatonic blues by what changes are in the notes.

relative minor, playing in C major has all the same notes as A minor and vice versa, learn what the relative minor is of each key.

Eventually, from playing scales and stuff, you'll understand the fretboard, and make more sense of everything you play and new lead you learn. Sometimes when I learn a new lead, I learn a new position to play in because I can figure out what key it's in. Then the next time I play in that key, I have an idea of what notes I can hit and what they will sound like.
Are u muting notes after u play them? I know its something I need to work on