Page 1 of 2
So, how do you guys feel about it? Would you change your ears, nose, chin, penis or anything, or are you guys against it. I have a friend who is saving up to have a nose job, but I think it would be very weird to change such an important feature of your face. No one would recognize you anymore. I myself had my ears corrected when I was very young though. Discuss.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Political and moral reasons.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
I'm in favor of TS getting plastic surgery. You ugly, brah.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
I'm fine with plastic surgery. People can spend their money as they see fit, if you'e going to get more joy out of a face lift than a car then by all means do whatever makes you happy.

I've contemplated getting a nose job, but there are other things I can do to improve myself: like getting fit, getting my teeth fixed, and most importantly thinking more positively. Hopefully my now out of proportion face will age well.
Not saying we should stop people, I just think it is a bit weird. I am not against it, just unsure.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
For purely cosmetic reasons - you want a different nose or a bigger chin - I don't get it. But I definitely do think it has its merits, for example repairing the face of someone who was in a car crash, fixing genetic defects/structural features/physical abnormalities that could cause problems later in life, things like that. It has merit, and the crazy shallow people who feel the rehab from the operation is worth looking slightly prettier and less natural shelling out big bucks are why it's as effective as it is today, so I really don't have any problem with it, but I personally wouldn't have it done unless it was one of the latter scenarios where it's repairing an injury or correcting something for health reasons or something.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 3-3
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 52-39
personally i don't feel like i have a need for it. as an at least moderately attractive male, i have it made.
i don't know why i feel so dry
Quote by necrosis1193
For purely cosmetic reasons - you want a different nose or a bigger chin - I don't get it. But I definitely do think it has its merits, for example repairing the face of someone who was in a car crash, fixing genetic defects/structural features/physical abnormalities that could cause problems later in life, things like that. It has merit, and the crazy shallow people who feel the rehab from the operation is worth looking slightly prettier and less natural shelling out big bucks are why it's as effective as it is today, so I really don't have any problem with it, but I personally wouldn't have it done unless it was one of the latter scenarios where it's repairing an injury or correcting something for health reasons or something.

Basically, agree utterly with this. Cosmetic surgery is something I'd never consider, but if others want to waste/spend their money, then they are welcome.

Reconstructive surgery though I strongly support.
I kind of had reconstructive surgery this year, but it was really just a frenectomy. When my mouth pulled outward in a smile, the gum behind my upper lip would like sag down, so I couldn't take sensible pictures or anything and it was just plain old weird. I mean, it was like five minutes of cutting and they were done and I wasn't even put under, so I dunno if it counts at all.
Yeah it'd be nice, would definitely do it if I wouldn't be judged. Still might want to otherwise but only if I had tons of cash to spare
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
I wouldn't, personally. Even if I was paid to, I wouldn't do it. I would freak the **** out if a feature on my face changed that dramatically. I have come to know my face, as it is now, for a long ass time. I think my brain would outright reject my new face and I would develop some deep psychological and identity issues.

Come to think of it, I think a similar effect would occur if I got into some sort of accident where my face became disfigured. I don't think I would handle or adapt to that very well. I hope this never happens for the sake of my sanity

That being said, I really don't care if other people do it. I don't care how much work they get done and I don't care their reason. I will say they are damn expensive, though. My mother got a $20,000 boob job done a couple years ago. $20k for bigger boobs? That is a hard sell to me.
YELLOWFRIZBEE s FreezerBurn

Stepco's Master
|Colowomble 2016|PSN=yellowfrizbee| + UG Community Radio|
im not "against it" like some kind of dickhead

i just dont like having it all up in my grill n shit
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
I'm all for it, do whatever the hell you want. With that said, I cringe when I see older women who have had all kinds of work done and just look weird. I'v gone bald and would definately do a hair transplant if I had enough money for a really good one, but would never do anything to my face.
Uncle aciD

&

The deadbeatS

Do What Your Love Tells You
I don't see why people shouldn't get it done.

That said, unless it's correct something (like a broken nose or scarring due to fire or cleft lip), then the person getting plastic surgery shouldn't expect that it would give them long-term happiness. Also, as great as it sounds to have "Brad Pitt's chin, Michael Bates' nose, or (insert other celebrity facial feature of choice)", people have to realize that it won't look the same on their face as it will on Brad or Michael's face.
if you looked ugly to the point of being deformed, i wouldn't judge you.
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
I would probably get work done on my penis if I had the money for it. It's annoying, I have permanent bruising on my knees from where it keeps slapping up against them.
🙈 🙉 🙊
Quote by entity0009
I would probably get work done on my penis if I had the money for it. It's annoying, I have permanent bruising on my knees from where it keeps slapping up against them.

Confirmed liar? Check.
The nice thing about cosmetic/plastic surgery is that cosmetics and plastics can't sue.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by sock_demon
i'd get rid of the mole on my face just for the sake of facial symmetry

Get rid of your face and keep the mole. You'll make millions as the face of PETA.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
When it comes to boob jobs and lipo and botox and shit I'm against it, but do what you want. Just don't cry why you ask for my opinion and I say you look worse then before. Though I don't at all mind minor things like getting scars to be less visible to getting rid of moles. Or fixing deviated septums. I've sincerely thought about getting work on my ears. Not that they are much large in general, but the tops are kinda big and pointy and elf live. But not full on elven cause that would be cool. Though it's not all that I dislike how they look, I also wear glasses and hats a lot and it would be cool to not have to deal with the irritation all the time.
Last edited by Wormholes at Oct 2, 2013,
All of you ugly, or, not-that-ugly people need to consider how bad you make us beautiful people feel when we see you. Get the surgery. Please.
Hey I made this thread before!

Yeah I would. Definitely doing it when I have enough money. I actually have a couple of things in mind; not all are invasive but they are permanent or semi-permanent.
cat
I think plastic surgery shouldn't be allowed to anybody, especially not severe trauma victims because they're already beautiful.
FWIW, i might mention that cosmetic procedures are popular among sufferers of BDD who find no actual relief following the surgery. if i were a cosmetic surgeon, i would want all of my patients, excluding those who need surgery after a physical trauma, to take a self-assessment for BDD so they may consider that their problem is not necessarily physical, but psychological.
i don't know why i feel so dry
Obviously I was excluding reconstructive surgery
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Neo Evil11
Obviously I was excluding reconstructive surgery

I don't really understand how people can be against what we generally think of when we hear "cosmetic/plastic surgery" but be okay with elective reconstructive surgery tbh.
cat
I don't like my nose, it's upturned and pointy and shit, but I'd never get it sorted because I'm too scared they'd **** it up also there's a good chance it'd make my face look weird anyway.
Admittedly when I was a teenager and a little more insecure I'd considered it, but now I've 'grown up' I'm very glad I didn't pursue it further.

I think it's only something you're more likely to regret than not later on in life. It's kind of like a tattoo, you can always be in the situation where you can go and get it done, but you can never go and get it undone.

I'm not saying I'm 'against it', I'm just saying I think most people should think twice.

With all that said though, if I go bald when I'm older and hair transplants are a bit more commonplace, I'd probably have one. Unless bald suits me, you can never really tell until you're older.
Quote by guitarxo
I don't really understand how people can be against what we generally think of when we hear "cosmetic/plastic surgery" but be okay with elective reconstructive surgery tbh.

Because when your nose is smashed to bits, I can understand you getting a new one, as opposed to when there is nothing wrong with your nose.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Neo Evil11
Because when your nose is smashed to bits, I can understand you getting a new one, as opposed to when there is nothing wrong with your nose.

But having your nose smashed up like what I'm imagining does affect your physiology so it is not entirely elective.

The example I was thinking of: breast cancer patients who have had a partial or full masectomy. That is COMPLETELY elective, not medically necessary at all, and depending on the type of surgery can lead to many health complications and a long period of rehab, yet I highly doubt anyone here is opposed to it.
cat
Last edited by guitarxo at Oct 3, 2013,
Page 1 of 2