Page 1 of 2
So in my school, I constantly see the mentally challenged doing menial labor. The kind of thing they should hire people to do. Sweeping cafeteria floors and cleaning trays, stuff like that. I was talking about it to my friend and we agreed it seemed really ****ed up. What do they gain from that? What could it even be apart from the administration using them to save money? I suppose it's possible they volunteer, but I doubt it, they're usually by themselves and don't look like they're having a good time. So have you seen this being done and what are your thoughts on it?
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
Well if you think they'd be better off jobless, let them know
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

The music winners listen to
Quote by WCPhils
they pay them

they have to work somewhere

Nonono these are students, at least high-school aged kids. I'm pretty sure they aren't employed. It's possible I'm wrong but I don't think so.
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
it's part of their education, training them to accept that they will never be doing any worthwhile jobs in the real world
🙈 🙉 🙊
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
Nonono these are students, at least high-school aged kids. I'm pretty sure they aren't employed. It's possible I'm wrong but I don't think so.

oh idk, I've never seen that

are you sure they're students?
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
real world job skills. Would you rather they be doing brain surgery?
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by WCPhils
oh idk, I've never seen that

are you sure they're students?

Well I know I've seen them be walked around by special ed teachers here so I'd assume so.
Quote by Sliide90027

Quote by MusicLord16
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

ask them if they get paid; i'm sure they do and i'd bet it's optional

not many other employers are going to hire a mentally challenged high school kid, it'd be good to give them a job in a place they're comfortable
Did you consider whether they're happy and/or want to do what they're doing?
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by whywefight
ask them if they get paid; i'm sure they do and i'd bet it's optional

not many other employers are going to hire a mentally challenged high school kid, it'd be good to give them a job in a place they're comfortable

Can't really ask 'em that can I? The kid I was talking to seemed pretty confident in saying they didn't get paid either. I don't see it but again it's possible.

Quote by Dreadnought
Did you consider whether they're happy and/or want to do what they're doing?

Yes, in the OP.
Quote by Sliide90027

Quote by MusicLord16
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
Well I know I've seen them be walked around by special ed teachers here so I'd assume so.

oh, but yea, what whywefight just said sounds right.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Yeah they always did that at my high school, too. They interviewed them on the school news, one of the girls said she wouldn't do it if she had the choice (which was of course an "awwww hahaha she's so cute" moment), so obviously it's part of their curriculum. I don't think they're getting paid to do it.

I mean it's better than them having no skills whatsoever and having their parents completely support them until they die.
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Yes, in the OP.

But that's your idiot assumption. If you care so much, why don't you ask and find out.
there is a few in my school and they seem fine with doing little jobs. They always have assistants around them

idk if they get paid though, i wouldn't be surprised if they did
Quote by Dreadnought
But that's your idiot assumption. If you care so much, why don't you ask and find out.

Lol I think believing they probably aren't into it because they look miserable and are usually by themselves is a pretty rational assumption. No reason to call me an idiot. I'm just trying to have a discussion about something that could definitely be considered morally abhorrent. Be civilized, please.

Because it would be rude. I suppose I can ask an old guy I'm kind of friends with that supervises sometimes but that's pretty much it.
Quote by Sliide90027

Quote by MusicLord16
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
Lol I think believing they probably aren't into it because they look miserable and are usually by themselves is a pretty rational assumption. No reason to call me an idiot. I'm just trying to have a discussion about something that could definitely be considered morally abhorrent. Be civilized, please.

Because it would be rude. I suppose I can ask an old guy I'm kind of friends with that supervises sometimes but that's pretty much it.

The 'idiot' thing wasn't serious.

So what, you want our opinion on something when you don't really know all of the details even? I think you should just ask them what's up, casually, if it's something you're concerned about. Otherwise we have nothing to go on. I can look miserable while doing something I ultimately enjoy (ie. working out) so it's not a valid assumption.
It is evidently a ruse to teach them "life skills" while not having to employ people at the same time

You should start a revolution, break the mentally challenged from the chains that bind them and claim your throne.
I have nothing important to say
Quote by JackSaints
It is evidently a ruse to teach them "life skills" while not having to employ people at the same time

You should start a revolution, break the mentally challenged from the chains that bind them and claim your throne.

Apparently they teach them to type as well.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
Bob, I thought you were better than this.

Sorry for being concerned.
Quote by Dreadnought
The 'idiot' thing wasn't serious.

So what, you want our opinion on something when you don't really know all of the details even? I think you should just ask them what's up, casually, if it's something you're concerned about. Otherwise we have nothing to go on. I can look miserable while doing something I ultimately enjoy (ie. working out) so it's not a valid assumption.

Well part of the reason I made the thread was to find out if this was common and if anyone knew what was going on. I'd rather not have to ask them or the people in charge and make a big deal out of it if there's not really anything wrong. Thus the thread
Quote by Sliide90027

Quote by MusicLord16
Quote by WCPhils
they pay them

they have to work somewhere

believe it or not, this.
we have this at our school. they all seem to have a ball doing it too. they're always finding ways to have fun with it, and at the same time they feel like they're beneficial and a part of something.

the only reason it's kept under wraps is because too many would pass judgment that's just downright incorrect about the matter
You dirty piece of shit, you.

Quote by FireFromTheVoid
I smoked weed with my mom once.
It was the weirdest moment of my life, and I`ve been caught with my dick in my hand, by my brother, with a giant close up of a dudes face on the tv.

Twatter
Quote by Jackal58

It's even worse than I feared...
Time to gather the Human Rights activists of the world and start a protest!
I have nothing important to say
Quote by iHurricaneGTR
believe it or not, this.
we have this at our school. they all seem to have a ball doing it too. they're always finding ways to have fun with it, and at the same time they feel like they're beneficial and a part of something.

the only reason it's kept under wraps is because too many would pass judgment that's just downright incorrect about the matter

That's great then. How do you know they're getting paid?
Quote by Sliide90027

Quote by MusicLord16
they're just preparing for the future, don't deny them that
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Where are these places where they work doing janitorial duties all the time? I've legit never seen that. Not saying ot doesn't happen though.

And if it were to make them learn how shouldn't there be someone there with them? There never is when they do this stuff.
Quote by Sliide90027

Quote by MusicLord16
Quote by Jackal58

Maybe he's already been a patient and that's why he's asking these questions..
If someone can explain why I'm being dumb for worrying about them without being an asshole for no reason that'd be cool
Quote by Sliide90027

Quote by MusicLord16
My high school used to be a college with a culinary arts class, so there was a legit kitchen on the first floor. They taught the kids how to cook really basic stuff. So they would bring stuff like bagels w/ cream cheese, and like eggs and stuff to the teachers during first period. We called it hell's kitchen (I am really sorry). One of the girls had a crush on me (God knows why), so when I would see her in the hall, I'd give her a hug and a kiss on the cheek. One day, while walking past hells kitchen, I hear her yell out to me. She called me into the kitchen and made me a bacon, egg, and cheese on a bagel. She did this literally every day. It was fantastic. She was a nice girl, and absolutely adorable too. It makes me wonder where she is now.
I had an interesting idea once. My asshole of a gym teacher couldn't be bothered to "teach proper safety" in the weight room, so we had to use the spin room every day like a bunch of middle aged women. During my gym period, they had the special ed kids in there too. I would grab the stationary bike next to my breakfast girl and talk to her about whatever the **** she wanted to talk about. I thought that, since they have the special ed kids for hours at a time, why not hook up a generator. It obviously wouldn't be enough to power the whole school, but it definitely make a noticeable difference in the electric bill.
FORZA CATANIA
Quote by jonathan666666
My high school used to be a college with a culinary arts class, so there was a legit kitchen on the first floor. They taught the kids how to cook really basic stuff. So they would bring stuff like bagels w/ cream cheese, and like eggs and stuff to the teachers during first period. We called it hell's kitchen (I am really sorry). One of the girls had a crush on me (God knows why), so when I would see her in the hall, I'd give her a hug and a kiss on the cheek. One day, while walking past hells kitchen, I hear her yell out to me. She called me into the kitchen and made me a bacon, egg, and cheese on a bagel. She did this literally every day. It was fantastic. She was a nice girl, and absolutely adorable too. It makes me wonder where she is now.
I had an interesting idea once. My asshole of a gym teacher couldn't be bothered to "teach proper safety" in the weight room, so we had to use the spin room every day like a bunch of middle aged women. During my gym period, they had the special ed kids in there too. I would grab the stationary bike next to my breakfast girl and talk to her about whatever the **** she wanted to talk about. I thought that, since they have the special ed kids for hours at a time, why not hook up a generator. It obviously wouldn't be enough to power the whole school, but it definitely make a noticeable difference in the electric bill.

The world is built on the backs of millions of enslaved handicapped people. After high school they are whisked away to the underground compounds where they roam the halls endlessly, always looking for something to sweep up.
Gear
Highway One Tele (w/Custom Shop 51 Nocaster pickups)
Standard Tele (modded to Nashville specs)
Reverend Roundhouse

Orange Rockerverb 50 MKI
Vox AC4c1
Jet City JCA20H

And pedals!

"Shiva opens her arms now..
...to make sure I don't get too far"
wait TS is in high school?
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
It's not stupid to ask a question, but it is kind of, sort of, maybe just a little, borderline dumb to form a strong opinion BEFORE you find out that answer. You're asking the question already having the suspicion that some kind of abuse is going on.
Quote by Jackal58

u can do anythng u want 2 dnt let h8rs bring u down
Quote by CaptainCanti
it wouldn't surprise me if UG goes down within the next couple months, along with other privately owned sites

December 14, 2017
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
Can't really ask 'em that can I?

Don't see why not.
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Quote by Jackal58

best post
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Quote by Hydra150
Don't see why not.

Some of them are unstable, how do I know which? I don't want a scene.

Quote by Iommianity
It's not stupid to ask a question, but it is kind of, sort of, maybe just a little, borderline dumb to form a strong opinion BEFORE you find out that answer. You're asking the question already having the suspicion that some kind of abuse is going on.

Well duh
Quote by Sliide90027

Quote by MusicLord16
Last edited by Bob_Sacamano at Oct 3, 2013,
Page 1 of 2