Eh, it's not a big deal, man! Just be patient with them and RELAX
21 25%
Who gives a F***!
30 36%
TS doesn't have any friends #lol #swag
13 15%
Voters: 84.
Page 1 of 3
I have a few friends like this, and they are close friends. I'll send them a message or a title of a song they should listen to, and I will 1/10 times get a reply. Like wtf? You talk to me everyday at school/work, you hang out with me ALL the time! Why can't you reply to my stinkin' text messages.

Now, I understand some people just aren't "texters" or they are too lazy to reply, but come on! It's common courtesy to at least acknowledge the person who want's to talk to you by saying something like, "cool" or "okay" heck even "k" is better than not replying at all, especially if its something important or urgent like a project that's due or a situation where I need crucial info.

What do you guys/gals think about people who don' reply to texts, because they are too lazy to type a few characters.

edit:

Inb4 hipsters saying texting is lame and they still call people on their brick phones.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Last edited by k.lainad at Oct 2, 2013,
i never notice text messages until hours after i get them

texts are lame
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Do You Word All Of Your Texts Like This? With All Capital First Letters? I Wouldn't Respond Either.

Seriously though, it annoys me if it's about plans or something. Other than that, I don't really care. I'm guilty of not replying a lot as well.
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!
Quote by k.lainad
It's common courtesy to at least acknowledge the person who want's to talk to you by saying something like, "cool" or "okay" heck even "k" is better than not replying at all, especially if its something important or urgent like a project that's due or a situation where I need crucial info. .

Not if they don't have unlimited texts. Then it's just wasting a text on one word.
****in call them up pussy

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Quote by Trowzaa
Not if they don't have unlimited texts. Then it's just wasting a text on one word.

I agree. I didn't have unlimited until this year. I only have a few friends with limited texts, so I understand THEM. But I know that most of my friends have unlimited texting, and they still don't take advantage of it.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)

Quote by k.lainad
I agree. I didn't have unlimited until this year. I only have a few friends with limited texts, so I understand THEM. But I know that most of my friends have unlimited texting, and they still don't take advantage of it.

maybe they don't like you because you're a stalker
If I gave a shit about etiquette with communication, I'd just call you. Unless I'm asking you a question or having a conversation, I don't expect a response to a text, and you shouldn't expect me to give one.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Quote by jthm_guitarist
****in call them up pussy

but dude, like, its 2013 and we have to conform to the dumb ideas that calling people is "lame" and texting is "kool" and "swag". wow you are soooooo 90's, man!
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

Quote by The_Blode

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.

why do you think you're worth responding to?
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
I hear phones still make phone calls, TS...

And when they put their phones on vibrate and never pick up? Ever?
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

Quote by The_Blode

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.

Yeah it's real annoying sometimes. Especially when you ask more than one important question and they only answer one
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
Maybe you're boring
I'm gonna suffer for the rest of my life

But I will always find a way to survive
Quote by crazysam23_Atax

Why would you call somebody to tell them a song they should listen to?
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by whywefight
then why would you expect them to answer your text message?

If its urgent I call first. They don't pick up, I text so maybe they will check and get the message I wanted to tell them. Either way, they will be able to see what I wanted to tell them without having to call me.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

Quote by The_Blode

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.

Quote by k.lainad
I'll send them a message or a title of a song they should listen to
lol I wouldn't reply to that either.

It's common courtesy to at least acknowledge the person who want's to talk to you by saying something like, "cool" or "okay" heck even "k" is better than not replying at all
Not really. A 'hi' text, maybe. But I don't understand the point in acknowledgement if they didn't want to talk about it anyways, so I wouldn't be offended. As long as I know they got it, I really don't care. Besides, if you want to talk about it so badly, then why not... you know...actually talk about it next time?
There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
don't text people pointlessly (or, you can, but don't get mad when they don't respond). don't assume that anyone wants to have a conversation with you through texts.

i dislike how so many people are glued to their phones nowadays, so i consciously avoid pulling out my phone unless i really want or need to check something. i'll respond to the first text or two if it's a question or something really brilliant and interesting, but after that i'm probably going to stop.
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
I'm somewhere in the middle. For instance my band's drummer is the busiest mother ****er on the planet and rarely answers my texts or calls. Gives me the shits massively.
On the other side of it, if I dont text my girlfriend back within about 15 mins she gets pissed at me. She needs to chill the **** out.
I will sometimes reply to texts like that with one word. I really can't stand having conversations via texting. Some people just love that shit.
Lol wow I'd never want to text most of you. How rude can you get

Quote by lolmnt
Why would you call somebody to tell them a song they should listen to?

If you call them you can sing it to them
cat
Quote by Redsectoreh
I will sometimes reply to texts like that with one word. I really can't stand having conversations via texting. Some people just love that shit.

And that's all I really want. As long as I know they got my text and are mildly intrested in what im telling them/have to say, i'm good. My text-conversations last like 10 texts max. Usually after that the conversation gets boring and dull.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

Quote by The_Blode

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.

Quote by k.lainad
And when they put their phones on vibrate and never pick up? Ever?

Take the hint
I only like text conversations if it's a quick back and forth type thing. That's nice because I don't have to worry about anything and can still say exactly what I wanna say.
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
I only like text conversations if it's a quick back and forth type thing. That's nice because I don't have to worry about anything and can still say exactly what I wanna say.

Unless you hit send before checking that your auto-correct changed a slightly misspelled "sock" to "c o c k". Then you wish you just called them.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

Quote by The_Blode

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.

I only use my phone in emergencies, if it wasn't for that then I wouldn't even own one. My friends have gotten used to the fact I'm much more likely to respond by literally any other line of communication. It still pisses them off, but it's not their choice to make.

pretentious small text, right justified signature
UG's professional coffee nerd
also UG's musical theatre nerd
roscoe's wetsuit
Quote by crazysam23_Atax

lol, who calls people?

Quote by guitarxo
Lol wow I'd never want to text most of you. How rude can you get

right?
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Last edited by WCPhils at Oct 2, 2013,
Quote by k.lainad
I will 9/10 times get a reply.

...so you're upset that 10% of the time you don't get a response to a pointless text?

okey dokey
Quote by Baby Joel
...so you're upset that 10% of the time you don't get a response to a pointless text?

okey dokey

oops, meant 1/10 times, lol. Make that 90% bro. Just pulled a "doh" homer moment
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

Quote by The_Blode

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.

I have a couple friends that do this, both living outside of my city. Trying to set up times to hang out with them is a bitch
Sail upon the open skies
i answer text messages at my own pace. but i do eventually answer every message where an answer is expected. i have a habit of ignoring my phone when i'm busy at school or playing a game or talking to someone irl or whatever, so the messages stack up (lol not that popular) until i have a dull moment where i'd rather be tethered to my phone.
i don't know why i feel so dry
I hate be the one to tell you this TS, but you know that one annoying guy in every group of friends...
Its you
Quote by innertom
I hate be the one to tell you this TS, but you know that one annoying guy in every group of friends...
Its you

Maybe when it comes to getting my friends to text back. But I don't spam or send useless texts. If im annoying outside the realm of texting, then i'm the most chill, relaxed,"annoying" person ever.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

Quote by The_Blode

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.

Page 1 of 3