Ever since i was a boy, i always enjoyed sponge bob. i mean, i really love sponge bob. it's just a great show with a great support cast. i figured i would try my first ever attempt at making a krabby patty. i didn't have any food coloring for the pretty patties but owell. let me know what you guys think!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KofI6ocTLE8
The burger was super raw. Good on you for learning how to cook though. lol @ your laugh.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
but according to your profile you're 24. and this video was made 6 months ago.
my brother (cameramen) let me use his profile. he quit playing guitar to make dubstep techno. i got a bass for christmas but the only song i can play is the fraggle rock theme. and billy jean

i showed my mom the video and she laughed. she grew up mormon and said thats how they used to cook the meat but it was a little burnt on some parts
Last edited by ytrappin at Oct 3, 2013,
Do Mormons cook meat a certain way?
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
On topic, since I love cooking, there are tons of useful videos on youtube of how to cook. I'd recommend watching some of them before you give you and/or the people around you food poisoning. Not trying to be a dick, but you should have cooked your meat a bit more. Having had food poisoning before, it's not fun when you have to poop and puke at the same damn time.

Also, be more disciplined with the knife. The way you were cutting one of the onions, your hand was loosely grasping the knife at a weird angle. That's how you cut yourself. Without doing everything to ensure the knife goes only where it's supposed to, eventually you'll cut yourself. It might take a few times, but eventually it'll happen.

Finally, those "patties" weren't patties. You took ground beef and cooked it. If you're not going to add spices, you at least need to form an actual patty. This involves applying pressure to the meat to ensure the surface is smooth and there are no cracks (if there are cracks, the juice will have more places to escape), and shaping the meat into patty form.
Quote by progdude93
On topic, since I love cooking, there are tons of useful videos on youtube of how to cook. I'd recommend watching some of them before you give you and/or the people around you food poisoning. Not trying to be a dick, but you should have cooked your meat a bit more. Having had food poisoning before, it's not fun when you have to poop and puke at the same damn time.

Also, be more disciplined with the knife. The way you were cutting one of the onions, your hand was loosely grasping the knife at a weird angle. That's how you cut yourself. Without doing everything to ensure the knife goes only where it's supposed to, eventually you'll cut yourself. It might take a few times, but eventually it'll happen.

Finally, those "patties" weren't patties. You took ground beef and cooked it. If you're not going to add spices, you at least need to form an actual patty. This involves applying pressure to the meat to ensure the surface is smooth and there are no cracks (if there are cracks, the juice will have more places to escape), and shaping the meat into patty form.

Progduge beat me to it. My feeling on the issue 999%.
Linky no work for me.

As someone who actually worked as a fry cook at a bar for a year and a half, I'll tell you practice makes perfect. You just got to do it a lot, and be open to experiment.

Wanna know what's awesome on a burger? You grill the burger, then when you've flipped it and let it cook a little (so like 3/4 done) you toss some bacon on the grill, take a slice of cheddar cheese, put just a normal spoonful of peanut butter on the cheese and put that on the burger so the PB is touching the burger. Flip the bacon, let it cook just a big longer, then put it on top of the cheddar. Then put the whole thing on you buns and enjoy (teehee, buns).

Either way, Spongebob Squarepants is an awesome role model.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
I've been meaning to try peanut butter on burgers for a while now but I've never had the balls. Is it really that good?
come on guys i understand your concern but my own mother told me i burnt some of the sides on it. i usually make grilled cheese for the family and have been practicing but i really wanted to make crabby patties. my brother said he would make a dubstep beat for me next time as a soundtrack. thanks for all your opinions guys, after looking at some other youtube videos i've decided my mom is stupid and wrong. next time i will cook it a little longer but not much.
Quote by ytrappin
come on guys i understand your concern but my own mother told me i burnt some of the sides on it. i usually make grilled cheese for the family and have been practicing but i really wanted to make crabby patties. my brother said he would make a dubstep beat for me next time as a soundtrack. thanks for all your opinions guys, after looking at some other youtube videos i've decided my mom is stupid and wrong. next time i will cook it a little longer but not much.

Look man, just look up how to cook a burger on youtube. There are so many good videos out there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAibKAtImGs
Quote by ytrappin
i've decided my mom is stupid and wrong.

that's ok man she makes up for it in the bedroom
i showed my friends mom my video and she was shocked. she called me mom to tell her im killing myself eating that kind of food but my mom just said to mind her own business. is my meat really that undercooked? it tasted fine to me but people are giving me such a negative backlash that i dont think i wanna learn how to cook anymore
You can't give up on your dreams so easily. Maybe you're in over your head trying to cook something so overtly complicated and complex as a krabby patty. Try starting off with something like a bowl of cereal or pop tarts.
cute

it's undercooked if you can still see pink or if the blood isn't forced out yet
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
If you really think that this is him then you're idiots.

"I think I'll sign up to this guitar forum with a birthday which makes me 24 just to post this video of me cooking a Krabby Patty which I filmed over half a year ago."
Quote by Trowzaa
If you really think that this is him then you're idiots.

"I think I'll sign up to this guitar forum with a birthday which makes me 24 just to post this video of me cooking a Krabby Patty which I filmed over half a year ago."

Of course it's him! Pitmonkey videos go viral all the time.
This thread is full of gold. But yeah, I couldn't watch more than a minute into the video because of that voice. Do kids actually sound like that?
For how can I give the King his place of worth above all else
when I spend my time striving to place the crown upon myself?
Quote by Rawshik
This thread is full of gold. But yeah, I couldn't watch more than a minute into the video because of that voice. Do kids actually sound like that?

That kid has down syndrome.
Quote by pugachev
That kid has down syndrome.

No, he doesn't. It's most likely asperger's.
For how can I give the King his place of worth above all else
when I spend my time striving to place the crown upon myself?
So we've come to the conclusion that he's some form of spacker.
Ew meat.
Quote by kaptkegan
Don't think I've ever been sigged.

I pretty much never leave the drug thread anymore.
trowzaa ur sooooo dumb

seems like you have trouble reading. this is my brothers profile dumb ass kid. he's older then me and quit playing guitar to play dubstep technos with his new computer our parents bout him. thanks for responding to a dumb kid though, jerk. i might pretend to be a ****** in my videos but at least i can read
Quote by Duffman123
Read the title as

'aspiring chef *need onions*

asperger's chef *need onions*
You're still a boy, FYI.

Why would you film your FIRST attempt at making burgers? You gotta get the basics down before you make it public.

As far as the video goes, you have to sound more professional. Write out a script so you know what you're going to say when and don't just go off the cuff. It really does you no favors.

Also, for the love of god, don't use dubstep for cooking videos. It's inappropriate and tacky. Do you want people to focus on the video or wondering why the hell someone decided to use dubstep in a cooking video? Use quiet, laid back music that compliments the video, not distract from it.

And your camera person sucks. Extreme close ups of your face? Focus on the food and don't be obnoxious.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Last edited by rockingamer2 at Oct 7, 2013,
Quote by snipelfritz
Linky no work for me.

As someone who actually worked as a fry cook at a bar for a year and a half, I'll tell you practice makes perfect. You just got to do it a lot, and be open to experiment.

I was a frycook, I learned how to push a button and set a timer.
Mcdonalds could be run robotically. I can understand getting to experiment at a bar, with both mixing and the food, bar food varies so much, it's different at every place.

I used to cook homemade stuff a lot, from scratch ya know, but since I cook mostly for myself now, it's nuked or comes in a box.

Either way I couldn't stand the video, but I'm out of the target audience for probably both it, and spongebob.

And as above said, dubsteps a bit energetic for cooking, I have oodles of public domain loops for such things.
Last edited by stratkat at Oct 7, 2013,