Sup UG, its been a while.
I've recently acquired an Ibanez TSA (last april) and its been working fine until today. I had been playing fairly long (about 1 and a half hours), turned the amp to standby, waited 30-45 seconds, and flipped the power off. I carried the head, careful not to bump it, set up my rig, and when I went to turn it back on, I got nothing. The light in the front didn't light up, as well as the tubes did not start to glow as they usually do.
Any insight into this problem?
Also, I know this isn't power chord issue, I've tried more than one.
Survivor of:
Maryland Deathfest X
Maryland Deathfest XI
Maryland Deathfest XII
Teehee... power chord...

Anyway, being serious, check fuses, check its turned on at the wall if you have a switched outlet.
Epiphone Les Paul Plus Top
Jet City JCA5212RC (SLO Modded)
Ibanez WD7 Wah
Mad Professor Sweet Honey Overdrive
TC Electronic Flashback Triple Delay
TC Electronic Trinity Reverb
I can't check now because my roommates are asleep, but if it is blown, how will I tell?
Survivor of:
Maryland Deathfest X
Maryland Deathfest XI
Maryland Deathfest XII
You need to get a multi meter to test the fuse
-----------------------------------
G.A.S. Afflicted
You may be able to tell if it's blown without a multimeter by just looking at it. Often a blown fuse will have charring, and the internal wire will be visibly burnt or melted.
wow thanks for the help guys. After taking the amp out of the enclosure noticed that one of the fuses was significantly burnt compared to the others. After a quick google search noticed that this is apparently a pretty common occurrence in tsa owners /:
Survivor of:
Maryland Deathfest X
Maryland Deathfest XI
Maryland Deathfest XII
aaaaand I'm back again. I changed the obviously burnt fuse, and plugged everything in. When I flipped the power switch, the power light blinked, and then went out. The preamp tubes still warmed up and glowed though. No sound is amplified, however.
Survivor of:
Maryland Deathfest X
Maryland Deathfest XI
Maryland Deathfest XII
Assuming you used the correct fuse, you have a short somewhere.

Are you certain you used the correct fuse? (I note it's possible that the one that was already there wasn't correct either...)

What version of the TSA is this?
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Other points to check out beyond the wrong fuse would be the power tubes and other fuses on the amp. A lot of amps nowadays have a couple fuses on the circuit board in addition to the one by the power cord.
all the fuses on the 15h are actually in the board, and I've (visually) checked all of them and they all seem to be alright. The original fuse is a 500 Ma / 250V, and the only difference between the ones that came with the amp and the ones I've bought are the originals were glass, and these are ceramic (which to my understanding shouldn't make a difference).

Edit: If there is a problem with the power tubes, how will I know? Will power tubes glow like the 6v6s do?
Survivor of:
Maryland Deathfest X
Maryland Deathfest XI
Maryland Deathfest XII
Last edited by rushpython at Oct 7, 2013,
Visually isn't good enough. If they're visibly blown, that's a positive test. You cannot however positively confirm that they are not blown with a visual test.

Same goes for power tubes. If they are cold, or the glass is cracked, that is a positive test, but you cannot confirm that a tube is working by looking at it.

Replace the fuses, see if that does anything. After that it needs to go to a tech. If your power tubes blew you need to find out why.
Does that mean if the power tubes get warm, then they aren't the problem here?

edit: if the power tubes aren't turning on, does that mean I should replace them or go to an amp tech?
Survivor of:
Maryland Deathfest X
Maryland Deathfest XI
Maryland Deathfest XII
Last edited by rushpython at Oct 7, 2013,
fuses blow for a reason, to protect the circuit from damage.

if the same fuse location is a multiple offender, you have a problem.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by rushpython
Does that mean if the power tubes get warm, then they aren't the problem here?

edit: if the power tubes aren't turning on, does that mean I should replace them or go to an amp tech?

No, it doesn't. That's why I didn't say that, and tried hard to say the opposite. The whole point of my posts was that you can only tell if tubes are very obviously broken, but that you absolutely cannot under any circumstances look at a tube, or feel it, and say that it works. Does that make sense? It's like a computer that you can't turn on. If it's on fire, you can reasonably say that it is broken. If it is just sitting on a desk, turned off and looking generally normal, all you can say is that it might work. Same principle here. If you can't test it independent of your non-functioning amp, you cannot make any positive statements about it. You can't see electrons, so you often can't see or feel or smell if they're going to the right place.

If a tube is shattered and in a million pieces, you can say it is broken confidently.
If a tube looks ok, lights up, gets hot, and smells nice, you still cannot say that it works until you test it. If you could test a tube by feeling it I'd have told you that.
Alright thanks guys. I guess I'll start looking for a amp repair shop here in burlington.
Survivor of:
Maryland Deathfest X
Maryland Deathfest XI
Maryland Deathfest XII