Just want to make sure this will work without killing my amp

So I want to plug two 1x12 krank rev Jr cabs into my epiphone valve Jr.

I want to accomplish this using a y cable. (Had a link to the one but it came out forbidden)

I'll have to double check what the ohms on the cabs are, but to my understanding, this is considered running them in parallel, therefore, if both cabs are 16 ohms, I'd use the 8 ohm output on the valve Jr, and 'y' that off into both cabs. (And if they're 8 ohms I'd use the 4 ohm output).

Anybody care to set me straight?
Last edited by bcagle2538 at Oct 3, 2013,
post the link to the y cable (leave some spaces in between so it's not forbidden, i can then copy and paste it)- you're right in that most y cables are parallel, but I've seen the odd one which is series, too.

other thing is, unless yours is different, the pic of the rev jr i found has a second jack socket on the back. if yours is the same, you won't need a y cable, just two speaker cables as you can link the two cabs together (again, should be parallel) using that extra jack socket.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
http:/ /www. monsterproducts .com/product display.asp?pin=7643

There's the address.
That cable wouldn't be able to to work as a speaker cable anyway. You need heavy gauge wire for speaker cables. 1/4" jacks will say they are for speaker cabinets. If they don't say, then it's not designed for speaker loads.
As Dave said, this one image seems to show that the cab can run a second cab. You wouldn't use two jacks for a 1 speaker cabinet otherwise. It's so you can use one as the input from the amp signal, and the other to output the signal to a second cab.
"Air created the greenness. And once you've got something, that leads to otherness." - Karl Pilkington.
So, something like this?

Valve Jr > Krank (1) left > Krank (1) right > Krank (2) left?

And this setup is still considered parallel?

I already have two cab speaker cables so I can try it out after work.
^ yep, that should be fine.

the pic i saw (on musicians friend) said they were parallel, and neither jack socket was labelled so I don't think it matters which one you plug into (don't quote me on this, but i think being wired in parallel means it doesn't matter which you plug into).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?