Page 1 of 6
every guitarist ever except John Frusciante and Tom Verlaine.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Quote by NecroComet
I go with Slash, Herman Li and EVH.
Herman Li is actually UNDERrated. He is a very good guitarist but most people think he sucks live because of an old Wacken video where he had problems with the PA system and couldn't hear what he was playing. Go watch Dragonforce live and you'll be amazed.
Oh good, this thread again.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Kurt Hammlet
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
If you ask the average Joe on the street who the greatest guitarist ever is, they'd tell you it's Jimi Hendrix, and they'd be wrong.
Quote by Johnny_Ibanez
If you ask the average Joe on the street who the greatest guitarist ever is, they'd tell you it's Jimi Hendrix, and they'd be wrong.

prove it
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
I don't know about overrated, but I always find most bluegrass flatpickers to be quite unexciting when they solo, at least compared to the fiddle, banjo, mandolin, dobro, etc.

Quote by metacarpi
Kurt Hammlet

Burnt Omelet
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Kerry King
'93 Gibson LP Studio (498T/490R)-Ebony
'14 Gibson LP Standard (JB/Jazz)-Ocean Water Perimeter
Epi MKH LP Custom-7 (SD Custom Shop JB-7)-Ebony
+More

Maxon od808|Boss NS-2|Boss CE-5|
Line6 G55|Korg Pitchblack Pro

JVM 210h|1960a(V30/G12t-75)
I'd probably have to agree with the late Gary Moore that Jimmy Page is the most over rated guitarist. In addition I've been thinking about the whole "Slash is the most over rated" thing I've never really heard people say slash is the best guitarist to ever walk the earth, but I have always heard he's their favourite, maybe people use the two categories interchangeably. My two cents.
Slash, and most metal guitarists.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Quote by CodeMonk
All of them

+1 except for that one that's my favourite
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
Radiohead.

They're the most overrated everything.
Quote by neidnarb11890
the chinese take-out place my family always ordered from gave you chopsticks, so as a kid it was fun to try & eat with chopsticks
now i just use a fork, 'cuz nothing is fun anymore & i just want to shovel food into my mouth to fill the void
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
every guitarist ever except John Frusciante and Tom Verlaine.

John Frusciante would be on the top of my list. I don't get why people treat him as the second coming of Christ playing guitar.
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
Frusciante writes good songs, but he can't sing for shit.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Quote by stonyman65
John Frusciante would be on the top of my list. I don't get why people treat him as the second coming of Christ playing guitar.

It's because he looks like him if you ask me.
It makes sense if you think about it though - Jesus probably wasn't that good at playing guitar back in the day.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Quote by stonyman65

how can you say that he cant sing, he's like the best back vocalist in the world, all the pitches he hits so easily while playing guitar...
F*ck Chuck Norris ... SpongeBob grills under water
Kerry King
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
seeneyj
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Quote by Poglia
Herman Li is actually UNDERrated. He is a very good guitarist but most people think he sucks live because of an old Wacken video where he had problems with the PA system and couldn't hear what he was playing. Go watch Dragonforce live and you'll be amazed.

Yeah this. He could play any of you dorks under the table.
Quote by CaptainCanti
it wouldn't surprise me if UG goes down within the next couple months, along with other privately owned sites

December 14, 2017
Quote by guitarist41
Radiohead.

How? I've literally talked about Radiohead with a couple of people in real life. Maybe on the internet.

And if you're talking about Johnny Greenwood, he's actually incredibly underrated. Thom Yorke gets all the attention but Johnny just quietly writes amazing stuff behind the scenes
Last edited by Rockford_rocks at Oct 3, 2013,
Quote by guitarist41
Radiohead.

Oh pls I'd love to hear who your favourite guitarists are.
Quote by op4blushift
Oh pls I'd love to hear who your favourite guitarists are.

Thomas Erak and Bob Mould.
Quote by neidnarb11890
the chinese take-out place my family always ordered from gave you chopsticks, so as a kid it was fun to try & eat with chopsticks
now i just use a fork, 'cuz nothing is fun anymore & i just want to shovel food into my mouth to fill the void
All guitarists with a big following of hysterical and fanatical people who worship the ground they walk on are overrated in my opinion - overrated, because those crazy people are overrating them.
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
EVH isn't overrated, nowadays those guitar licks are cheesy as hell but back in the day that style of playing was never done before.

i'd go with slash, his style has been done a million times before him and better. however he has a great tone.
"If I tell you I'm good, you would probably think I'm boasting. If I tell you I'm no good, you know I'm lying."
Quote by lt mittens
EVH isn't overrated, nowadays those guitar licks are cheesy as hell but back in the day that style of playing was never done before.

i'd go with slash, his style has been done a million times before him and better. however he has a great tone.

EVH is certainly overrated, though still a great guitarist. Same goes for Slash, though idk how you can say he has great tone. It's awful, most of the time.

^idk if we can call Alexi overrated, everyone has caught onto the fact that he's incredibly sloppy. Which is a shame, if he'd tighten the screws a little bit, he has a ton of ability.
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Last edited by Gibson_SG_uzr55 at Oct 3, 2013,