I have a 92 single coil strat running through a fender 110 champion amp. I'm looking for some suggestions on pedals to get a nice overdriven sound. I'm trying to get Hendrix like tone so I'm looking at a micro vibe pedal and a Boss Super Overdrive SD-1 for right now. I'm on a budget so boutique pedals are out of the question. I've also heard that certain pedals work better with SSS vs Humbuckers and SS amps vs Tubed amps. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks..
a lot of hendrix is fuzz or octave fuzz

EDIT: is your amp SS or tube?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^ thanks
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?

(+ free bump)
Quote by kangaxxter
Tone is in the fingers.

What you really need is a new amp.

(Anything I missed?)

Quote by Robbgnarly
I have been hearing about MG amps lately. I have heard good about them, but only a few times have they been talked about here.

If you're on a budget, how about a multifx? A lot of them have some sort of univibe and octave effect plus fuzz, od, distortion and the usual assortment of fx. The sd1 and microvibe are great choices otherwise.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
Hendrix used a Fuzz Face pedal which from my understanding (not 100% on this...) is a very basic fuzz pedal. Can anyone verify this?

If that is the case, you should be able to approximate this with a decent quality modern fuzz pedal such as a Big Muff, Little Big Muff etc...

If the big muff line of pedals are too much then something like a OCD can be pushed pretty hard to what I would call a "fuzzy" tone. They are of much higher quality and versatility than the SD-1 in my opinion. I also found that the SD-1 did not work very well in conjunction with other pedals...