High guys! I recently purchases a Charvel DS-3 ST for a very cheap price. They are actually very surprising guitars, that have decent kick and a super comfortable neck. The only problem is that the difference in output from my Strat and my Tele is extremely wide. It has some very hot pickups in comparison. There is also a lot more bass than I am used to. I wanted a bit more of a rounded tone, and I got it! I was just wondering if I could put some pickups in that would pull the output back down ever so slightly, and maybe a bit more glassiness to the top end, without sacrificing the girth and warmth. I want to be able to switch to my Tele or Strat on a gig without running to adjust EQ on my amp. Any suggestions?

I've been looking at the Eric Johnson signature humbuckers that are supposed to make a Les Paul sound more like a Gretsch Country Gentleman (per his request). I would say that my price range is probably $120-$140 for a whole set (not including the cost of hiring a tech). I am perfectly willing to purchase used and will take any suggestions. I won't be playing anything heavier than a sort of Foo Fighters Bridge Burning sort of tone with this particular guitar, but I want slightly glassier cleans too.
Fender Telecaster
DeArmond M series
Vox Night Train 15 head w/Weber loaded 1x12
Dunlop DVP3 Volume (X)
Klone circuit/Russian Big Muff 2in 1
Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET
TC Electronic Nova Delay
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Line 6 M5
I am usually a humbucker type guy, but I have a strat as well. I understand what you are saying and maybe if you had a OD pedal set to a clean boost type of setting with tone a bit higher for the LP style guitar it could help. I just play my guitars until I have found comfortable areas in volume that work with the higher output or vice versa. They sound different because they are different so maybe a treble booster or if you want to spend money there are Fralin Twangmaster pickups.
Raconteurs Fan Guy
Thanks for the suggestions. Don't misunderstand though. I don't want my Fenders and the Charvel to sound the same, nor do I want the Charvel to sound like a Gretsch per se. I just want less output and a slightly more clear tone. The basic tone is good, but it really only sounds good for crunchy hard rock or jazz. I love those sounds, but I want more sparkly tones in there as well. I'm not looking for a treble booster or some such overdrive or boost pedal. I want to tweak the sound of the guitar itself.
Fender Telecaster
DeArmond M series
Vox Night Train 15 head w/Weber loaded 1x12
Dunlop DVP3 Volume (X)
Klone circuit/Russian Big Muff 2in 1
Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET
TC Electronic Nova Delay
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Line 6 M5