Hi, i have ez drummer with two expansions. I mainly use the metal machine expansion. Is it worth to get superior drummer? Is it worth the money?
-do i need to copy over my old ezdrummer midi to superior files?
-can i open my ezx expansions in superior?
-what new features do i get? How much more cpu does it use?
-if i download a user preset,load it up in a project, save and then remove the preset file from my hdd,will reaper (my daw) remember the preset settings?
-in ezdrummer i cant assign drums to midi notes, but in most electric midi drumkits, can i program the kit so it lines up with ezdrummer?
Thanks
Is it worth it?
Last edited by Usernames sucks at Oct 3, 2013,
You can do pretty much all of those things apart from the last one.

But if you're happy with the sounds you're getting at the moment, then no, it's not worth the money.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Devin Townsend used it on one album because he was tight for money and couldn't get a real drummer. I have EZDrummer with DKFH (which Devin used), and it's washy and clicky. Trust me on this. Just because your idols used it doesn't make it good.
Quote by Cavalcade
Devin Townsend used it on one album because he was tight for money and couldn't get a real drummer. I have EZDrummer with DKFH (which Devin used), and it's washy and clicky. Trust me on this. Just because your idols used it doesn't make it good.

I thought I was the only one that thought that. I used to love it mainly because it was better than the guitar pro midi drums

I moved to Addictive Drums this year and never looked back. I feel its so much better and superior in every way.
MY METALZ YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Quote by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
Quote by Cavalcade

The metal machine is far better sounding i think. But does it matter if you have ez or superior when u use an expansion?
Quote by Usernames sucks
The metal machine is far better sounding i think. But does it matter if you have ez or superior when u use an expansion?

I don't think so, no. I'm pretty sure my DKFH carried over when I went from EZ to Superior.
MY METALZ YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Quote by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
Quote by leony03
I thought I was the only one that thought that.

Nope. It's kind of conventional wisdom over here.

And part of the reason people use Superior is that its humanizing controls are better. That makes it sound more like it's being played by an actual person, with (a little) feel and groove (and not triggered and quantized into oblivion like every modern techdeath drummer ever). Still nothing on an actual drummer, but it's a step up from EZ.
As one who records quite much, there's not a single "all-round-good" drum VSTi I have encountered. For best sound by far, I have to use different VSTi for snares/toms/bass/etc.
I used to use EZ and superior drummer. To me, the best drum VSTi is Steve Slate drums which needs to be run through Kontakt. So much more sounds and it comes through the mix more.
Go with Steven Slate. It's better than EZDrummer. Especially for metal.

Use the latest version of Kontakt. Still use both to this day. They're the best. I've tried em all.

The best part is you can use Reaper to finalize them all. Sounds great. The Black Album kit is my personal fave. KILLER!
There will be zero tolerance
For the creator of hallowed intentions
There will be zero tolerance
Fate is your deciding God
Last edited by DragTheWaters11 at Oct 4, 2013,